Game Thread | Hurricanes vs. Canadiens | 02/17/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaches you guys have mentioned, have SEVERAL things that the Habs don't have, talent, teams that play hard and are physical. Players who want to win.

These guys looked like they wanted to win earlier, how come they lost that?

Dalhabs, you can't be serious about what happened, they have played like 5 or 6 60 minute games this year. I don't know why your surprised.

The only difference is the goaltending was stealing points.

What makes you guys think the Habs can catch anyone? The 9 goals they have scored in the last 6? Aebi let in 1 soft goal, he had no chance on the others. Souray had some really quality turnovers tonight, once again 1 shot makes him look so much better then he is. The first 2 lines are just god awful. Evry time Higgins Koivu and Ryde rhit the ice the get scored on. What are they like minus 40 or something.

Unless Halak gets a shutout, they aren' winning Sunday either.

They played a great 20, then just floated around as usual the last 40. Stupid penalties were costly again. No physical play what so ever once again.

The 3rd and 4th line were very solid again.

Please Bob, stoke up the coals and start that fire burning sale. I would much rather watch rookies play hard and lose then the lazy, soft players currently on the roster just float around and not play hard.

This is gettting rediculos.

What makes me think they can turn it around?

Because anything can happen.

January 3rd Montreal had 51 points and Toronto had 42 points.

Toronto lost Tucker/Peca/Wellwood in a matter of 2 weeks.

Season over right? They are finished right?

Well since that day the Leafs and their AHL Roster have gone 11-5-2.

Montreal has gone 7-14-1.

Montreal had not had a 3 game losing streak up to that point.

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! Cam Ward led the Canes to the Stanley Cup with ZERO playoff experience.

Is it probably that Halak leads us to the postseason? NO. Was it probable that Huet would last season? NO

Until the trade deadline comes I am not making up my mind on this season.

Edited by Wamsley01

I like your attitude Wamsley, however, have you seen this team play?

I have watched almost every game. But I have seen so many improbable things happen in sports that I will never totally give up.

I watched the Raptors win 10 of thier last 11 without Carter in 2002 to make the playoffs.

I watched the Red Sox defeat their nemesis when they were down 3-0 in 2004.

I watched the Habs last season stink up December/January and have a goalie none of us had ever heard of in Huet lead us to a 9 game March win streak.

They stink right now, but all it takes is one spark. Halak steals a win, Gainey makes a great deal, Kosty turns it on like Higgins last year. Ya just never know.

We are 2 points out with 23 games to go. We are not out of this yet!

Plus, almost everybody has given up on this season....what have they got to lose now?

I like your attitude Wamsley, however, have you seen this team play?

Lately this team is playing like CRAP. However, they were playing like all-stars for the majority of the season. a team just can't all of a sudden become 'bad', but they can hit cold streaks and sometimes get stranded in downward spirals. This downward spiral is huge, and i am so unexplainably angry and frustrated and even depressed about this, but once they find their feet (they have been getting better and better each game) were due for good results.

Lets hope its not too late until we can get out of this slump.

This Sabres/Bruins shootout is CRAZY..15 shooters no goals yet

I think the Bruins just won it...goal under review....Boston wins

Another team gains on the Habs!

Edited by Wamsley01

The first period was great! What happened? Need a more consistant effort. Guess Milroy can be sent back down. Get Kostitsyn up here when he comes back from being with his wife.

The worse thing about tonights game was listening to Cassie Campbell on CBC. She actually called Andrei Markov, Danny. DOh.... guess thats better than Bob Cole though, cause unless the player is a Leaf he doesn't even bother with a name.

Oh well, lets hope for a better effort tomorrow versus Columbus

Thanks for the positive attitude Wamsley.. So tough to get cheered up right now with our Habs. Playing well or bad, we can't find a way to win.

:)

Maybe this team needs some young kids with hunger to pull them out of this malaise.

It is amazing to me that a fan base that had Dryden/Penney/Roy and 2 improbable Stanley Cup wins in 1986/1993 lose faith and be so negative.

Would you rather be a Leaf fan and saluting 70-80 year old men for their last Stanley Cup and be 2 points into the playoffs? Or the team who still has active players in the NHL from their last Cup and 2 points out of the playoffs with 23 games to go.

If any fan base should believe that anything can happen, shouldn't it be us?

I think the real fans still cheer and want the habs to win, i think they are tired of watching the laziness and lack of effort more then the losing. This has been going on for years.

Fans just want a change.

:)

Maybe this team needs some young kids with hunger to pull them out of this malaise.

It is amazing to me that a fan base that had Dryden/Penney/Roy and 2 improbable Stanley Cup wins in 1986/1993 lose faith and be so negative.

Would you rather be a Leaf fan and saluting 70-80 year old men for their last Stanley Cup and be 2 points into the playoffs? Or the team who still has active players in the NHL from their last Cup and 2 points out of the playoffs with 23 games to go.

Unfortunatley they can't call anybody up without an injury cause they have no room under the salary cap. Or they have to start waiving for trading players......not gonna happen.

Get used to this lineup guys. Its up to the players on thsi roster to turn things around. Just like Souray said. There isn't any help coming.

With another 2 points tonight Pleks now has surpassed his totals from last year. He now has 31 pts on the season which although modest are more than okay for one of the lowest paid players on the team.

He's only getting better and may be a 60 point player next season.

Unfortunatley they can't call anybody up without an injury cause they have no room under the salary cap. Or they have to start waiving for trading players......not gonna happen.

Get used to this lineup guys. Its up to the players on thsi roster to turn things around. Just like Souray said. There isn't any help coming.

If Huet is gone for the year we can put him on long term disability and free up what is left of his salary.

And if we throw in a Ryder and an unrestricted Free Agent in the deal to make it work we can take salary back. The NBA tosses in salaries all the time to make deals happen. What is the risk in another team adding 1 month of salary to get a deal done?

Are we going to acquire a 5million dollar player? NO, but something that may help is a possibility