Sheldon Souray Poll

ch_nl

Sheldon Souray will be on his way to...  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Tomorrow by noon when Sheldon packs his bags, he will go to

• Anaheim and the Duck to be their 3rd defenceman.
    • Los Angeles Kings, just to play Golf
    • San Jose and Rivet?
    • Other Western team?
    • Canadiens practice?
    • Eastern Conference Rival?

Trade him,

I love him on the powerplay but with the price so high for rentals (especially the best d-man available) they are crazy not to cash in.

I would not be surprised in the least if he doesn't make it to the end of the season with his bad shoulder.

Souray is for sure staying in Montreal because he's a vital asset to the team, losing him would mean game over for the Habs. Souray may be out of Bob Gainey's budget, but im sure Bob'll figure something out no? :( Im scared now...

Edited by blaze53

I almost suspect that Bob has already resigned him in secrecy. :D

If not, it would probably be a great time for Bob to seriously reconsider his policy of not negotiating contracts during the year. The Laffs just got a good deal signing Tucker just before the trade deadline. Negotiations just before the trade deadline can give the advantage back to the team. Signing players in the off season the advantage goes to the player because it generally becomes a bidding war betwnn several teams.

He has to be moved. He has a great shot and brings nothing else to the table. This current team is fools gold, with him i don't think they are making the playoffs, so move him for a top youngster and a pick. The team can pick up the slack for the last 17.

I don't think any team has to give what Souray may demand. He is definatley a weapon the Habs need and shouldn't get rid of. As far as free agancy goes. I'm sure Gainey will find a way to keep him. Gainey is a smart man and I just can't see him letting such a commodity walk away. I can see past souray's few flubs and brain farts in the defensive zone, he's not as bad as some of you make him sound. If we do trade him all you complainers can kiss the #1 powerplay good-bye and how about the 22 F%^$KIN goals the guy has. Come-on THINK!!!!!! We need to keep this guy. I'd happily give 6 million to a guy that is a Leader, Fighter, PowerPlay quaterback, ALL-STAR, etc..........Who else are we going to get to replace him.....????????

3 Hours to deadline..I hope he stays. I love the dedication Gainey has shown and not blown up the teams when the fans were clamering and whining for it.

8th place every year is fine for me, all you need is a ticket to the dance then everyone is even at 0-0.

No Trade = No Change

All you clowns who don't want him traded get the honor of shutting your mouths next season when we are the same team fighting for eigth. And when he demands a huge salary and doesnt perform prepare to be laughed at.

... and if he gets traded, may you have the honour of shutting your mouth next season when 8th is a long way up due to our reliance on prospects/picks, with an impotent powerplay and without Souray's game-winning goals. Hopefully the picks we get make the NHL one day (questionable), and stay to make an impact like Souray (doubtful).

We are all aware of his defensive weaknesses, but it's the lack of depth on our D that causes the coaches to use him to log so many minutes against other teams' offensive players to begin with. With a role more targeted to his obvious strengths - which have won many games for the Habs this year - Souray is extremely valuable to any team. I'd like it to still be ours.

No Trade = No Change

All you clowns who don't want him traded get the honor of shutting your mouths next season when we are the same team fighting for eigth. And when he demands a huge salary and doesnt perform prepare to be laughed at.

This is one of the stupidest posts I've read today........We have a talented offensive defenseman that is giving us the number one powerplay in the entire league. YOU BUILD ON THAT. NOT THROW IT AWAY.

If he does get traded, and the guy we trade him for under achieves we have the same team and no powerplay. Then you can be the Clown whinig about how we should have kept him. There I stooped to your level....don't prepare to be laughed at. I'm laughing at you right now.

Who else are we going to get to replace him.....????????

How about someone who can defend? Without Huet this team is a disaster waiting to happen, we will never accomplish a damn thing with the offense we have now.

But you all seem happy with scrambling to make last place and most definitly an early round exit. And believe me without a consistant offensive threat we will never be better then this. Don't for a second compare this team to last years oilers, they show up night after night and play till the last second.

... and if he gets traded, may you have the honour of shutting your mouth next season when 8th is a long way up due to our reliance on prospects/picks, with an impotent powerplay and without Souray's game-winning goals. Hopefully the picks we get make the NHL one day (questionable), and stay to make an impact like Souray (doubtful).

We are all aware of his defensive weaknesses, but it's the lack of depth on our D that causes the coaches to use him to log so many minutes against other teams' offensive players to begin with. With a role more targeted to his obvious strengths - which have won many games for the Habs this year - Souray is extremely valuable to any team. I'd like it to still be ours.

Good one Mont Royal. We must have been answering the Sharp (insert name) at the same time

How about someone who can defend? Without Huet this team is a disaster waiting to happen, we will never accomplish a damn thing with the offense we have now.

But you all seem happy with scrambling to make last place and most definitly an early round exit. And believe me without a consistant offensive threat we will never be better then this. Don't for a second compare this team to last years oilers, they show up night after night and play till the last second.

Dude! There are 9 or ten teams in our division alone that are seperated by 5 points. We can be in fourth in a couple of days. One of the main reasons we are competing right now is because of him.

We have a talented offensive defenseman that is giving us the number one powerplay in the entire league.

If he does get traded, and the guy we trade him for under achieves we have the same team and no powerplay.

Sourays value is high right now, higher then it ever has been or ever will be again. WE AREN'T DOING ANYTHING THIS SEASON CUP WISE. You should really push that though your brain, without Huet and an offense that takes weeks off this team is a pushover. He will command a huge salary next season (probably 5 million) and he is not worth it, his defensive capabilities are poor at best.

If we make a smart move the guy we get will not underachieve, we could get another "markov in training" for souray right now along with picks. Or Souray could net us a great forward, the possibilities are endless. Relying on your PP will not get you far, teams will adapt and you lose. Our 5 on 5 is more important and we should fix that.

When he walks away for nothing what will we have then huh?

I edited your post to make you sound more rational and not such a spazz.

I agree OSM, my point is more they are so inconsistant they probably won't make the playoffs. Looking at Anahiem they have to do something, they may be able to package Souray and Aebi, for Brysgolov, young player and a top pick. Souray won't resign anyway.

Still making a run to make the playoffs this year.

Souray could walk away at the end of the season...and we'd have nothing...but a stanely cup ring!

Thats right! I'm calling it..if we keep Souray we will win the stanely cup!!

We wont get a top centre back from the Souray trade...the only teams interested in him are contenders...they wont trade us a #1 liner for Souray...keep dreaming, and have a little faith.