Game Thread | Canadiens vs. New York | 02/27/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really bothers me is that Begin took a selfish stupid penalty that changed the game. What did carbo do about it? Begin did not miss a shift. In fact he replaced some players who Carbo decided to bench. That's sending a message to the team Carbo??? Another thing that Dandenault sure has a scary shot, scary in how weak it it is.

Edited by Strummerman

Bob doesn't seem to care about the playoffs this year, you guys got to be patient because Bob's big thing is next year.

If that was true Souray would have been gone yesterday for a pick. Better to get something for him than nothing a few months later.....I'm sure BG actually believes we have a team good enough to make the playoffs........which is my problem, since when did the Montreal Canadiens focus on simply making the playoffs? Disgusting, the old ghosts will be flying around in circles having to witness this garbage.

They came out fast enough, but those early soft goals that Halak gave up sapped their enthusiasm in a hurry. I think Halak has one more chance to have a big game, and if he doesn't, it's back to the farm for the balance of the year.

Oh yeah that's wise!!! We'll just go with our other number 1 for the rest of the year.

So everyone blaming the goalie (again), huh? I assume you guys want him to throw a shut out and score a few goals. That was a entire team NO SHOW. Simple as that. Obviously BG has overestimated how good his team is if he thinks this team can make the playoffs.

Actually there are numerous teams with winning records on the second game of back to back games. So STOP making excuses for lazy efforts, they ahey have taken the last 6 weeks off.

Weak goals from Halak ?? :blink: Blame the goalie.

Are you on depression or something?

First goal was on PP by Jagr, nice shot by Jagr his 614th goal in the NHL.

Second goal on PP again slot shot because they drove the net on PP something Montreal forwards didn't do again.

Third goal Bouillon and Dandenault looked like dummys against Jagr line, they left that little Hossa who can only score against us alone in front of the net.

Fourth goal empty net goal.

No goalie how matter good can't make his team win if his team don't score.

I'm leaning towards blaming the coaching staff..............If [ALL] the guys on the ice are continually standing there watching the player with the puck; of forechecking with just their stick THEN CARBO need to address the lackluster play on the ice....

The only line I saw hustling had 2 rookies on it.......EARNING their icetime! The rest can go to H-E- Double hockey sticks!

We have a Defense 1st coach, and in the "new" NHL looks like we need to address this, and allow for some long stretch passes, and for the D to take a chance once and a while and rush the puck or pinch....

I got home from work, and watched the third. Wow! That was the worst period of hockey all year. I think Carbo needs to make these guys work out more. They are totally listless. I imagine part of this was from the flu bug and playing the night before. (Which I don't understand. They have played more games than anyone else. Why all the back to back games?) But I also question their conditioning. They lose every time they play back to back games.

Edited by BCHabnut

Right, but they have played the same way for 4 coaches. So all 4 coaches were the problem. I doubt it, since 3 of them are ahead of the Habs currently. Please blame the players.

My point was the lack of hustle on the ice; and with the coaching staff not able to address and correct it. A couple guys have been singled out and have sat; but the overall problem still exists....lack of fire/passion when there on the ice....and that's partly the coaching staff's fault. It there's no repercussions for [certain] players who float on the ice, take stupid/lazy penalties etc.. then that can easily go through the whole team and everyone starts thinking if they can slack off and still get a reg. shift so can I.

It's easier to pick up bad habits [floating, lazy play etc..] then to pick up the good ones with hard work...

My point was the lack of hustle on the ice; and with the coaching staff not able to address and correct it. A couple guys have been singled out and have sat; but the overall problem still exists....lack of fire/passion when there on the ice....and that's partly the coaching staff's fault. It there's no repercussions for [certain] players who float on the ice, take stupid/lazy penalties etc.. then that can easily go through the whole team and everyone starts thinking if they can slack off and still get a reg. shift so can I.

It's easier to pick up bad habits [floating, lazy play etc..] then to pick up the good ones with hard work...

The core needs to be reworked, even if we don't get maximum value on trades we need to get these guys out of their complacentcy.

No more safety, if you don't play hard you're down the road.

When almost half your offense is supplied by your powerplay, and you can only generate 2 in the game, you're pretty much screwed. I don't know if it was because it was the second game in two nights, or a let down from a pretty intense game against Toronto, but that effort last night was pathetic. And Halak wasn't very good.

On the bright side, they got some frequent flyer miles out of the trip.

When almost half your offense is supplied by your powerplay, and you can only generate 2 in the game, you're pretty much screwed. I don't know if it was because it was the second game in two nights, or a let down from a pretty intense game against Toronto, but that effort last night was pathetic. And Halak wasn't very good.

On the bright side, they got some frequent flyer miles out of the trip.

all this two games in 2 nights and the letdown stuff is crap. not buying it anymore

all this two games in 2 nights and the letdown stuff is crap. not buying it anymore

so I guess this is as good a time as any to say the Habs play the Sabres on Friday and then the Bruins the next night?