Is there a hope, or has the tent folded?

justintb

I would love to be surprised but I found it to be an absolute impossibility to believe in it anymore.

They have to fight against to many contenders to get to and hold on to......the 8th position.

Our records for the last 10 weeks is the worst in the league.

Yet there is new elements,....Kostsitsyn,....the Kovy post-saga and last but not least the possibility that Carbo

has brought new elements within the team's ensemble's play during the practices lately.......yet any gains derived from those changes it seems would be offset by the prolonged absence of Huet in goal.

Edited by PB

well considering they really have nothing to lose at this point. They could actually start to play well again.

I'll say 35% they'll make the playoffs crawling in backwards. But hey look at the Saint Louis Cardinals. They barely got into the playoffs and they ended up winning the entire thing. So you never know..... stranger things have happened

Making an impartial analysis of the Habs I conclde that we are quite unlikely to make the playoffs. We're behind in the race and not playing well. I see no logical reason to expect any change.

But... as a die-hard fan I am still cautiously optimistic. I know the team is better than they have been playing and I am still hoping for a recovery and a trip to the second round.

Oh well guys, what can you say? Not many teams can survive when their all star goalie goes down and needs surgery. How far would the devils get without Brodeur? Huet was by far the most important player on the team.

They were playing poorly far before Huet got hurt. As a matter of fact Aebi was hot and playing more then the "all star" goalie. What do they like 8 wins since Xmas or something.

I've folded the tent...no hope at all anymore. I'd rather see them lose all their remaining games and draft higher.

me too, at this point. Also, maybe if they end the season on a really low note, it'll trigger more moves in the off-season. In past years, when we've had the horrendous slump right in Jan / Feb but picked back up in March, the problems weren't really addressed in the off-season. It's like the 30 game slump we always have is forgotten if we get better for the last 20 games. If we have to completely stink for 50 games (until the end of the season) for a real shakeup, so be it.