Game Thread | Montreal vs. St.Louis | 03/10/07

Spider-Man NL

canadiens_logo.jpgvrssign.gifblues_logo.jpg

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

montreal50.gif33-30-6 : 72 Points (11th in the Eastern Conference)

blues50.gif29-28-10 : 68 Points (10th in the Western Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Montreal

Abby2.jpg# 30 David Aebischer 11-11-3), 3.11 GAA, .903 Save%

St.Louis

3352.gif# 1 Curtis Sanford (6-9-4), 3.02 GAA, .893 Save%

Canadiens Roster
Link

Blues Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Latendresse - Koivu - Johnson
Streit - Plekanec - Higgins
Murray - Bonk - Ryder
Kovalev - Lapierre - Begin

d.jpg

Markov - Komisarek
Gorges - Souray
Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg
David Aebischer

MarkovSTL.jpg

Abby30Big.jpg

This game can be seen 8:00pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& kplr_cw11_saint_louis.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 8:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 8:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what to say....heres hoping we dont get embarrassed. Im talking about the city, not the team. The players deserve to be embarrassed with that kind of play. But the Montreal hockey fans deserve better!

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/03/game_..._habs_hoping_t/

Game Day Preview: Habs hoping to shake the Blues in St. Louis

by Sid Banerjee

It was just a few short months ago that Andy Murray was doing consulting work for Bob Gainey and the Montreal Canadiens and the former Los Angeles Kings head coach was on the outside looking for an in back into NHL coaching.

Murray has found himself a new home in St. Louis. The Blues are unlikely to make the playoffs, but have made things very difficult for their opponents regardless by winning seven of their last ten contests.

This despite dealing stars Keith Tkachuk and Bill Guerin for prospects and draft picks in an attempt to rebuild the once proud club.

The Canadiens, meanwhile, are trying to break out of a mid-season malaise that has lasted two months, culminating with four losses in a row on this five game road-trip.

Miraculously, the Habs are still just one point out of the eighth and final playoff spot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The impressive stretch for the Blues includes a 5-3 win in Dallas on Thursday. Right about that time, the Habs were getting blown out by the Atlanta Thrashers, 6-2, at Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA.

The Blues have played well against the Canadiens at home, boasting a 4-1-0 record to go with a tie in their last six meetings in Missouri, including the last one which dates back to a 3-0 win on Dec. 28, 2001.

More recently, the Habs had the Blues number at the Bell Centre, beating them 5-2 on Jan. 13, 2004. It was the last time the two sides met.

This game will be the finale of a five-game road trip for the Canadiens, who have lost a season high five in a row away from home. The team's last win came on Feb. 26 in a 5-4 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The Habs return home to take on the New York Islanders on Tuesday.

5696_1.jpg

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/03/carbo...troops_have_it/

Carbo lets the troops have it in practice: Abby gets the nod, Sammy gets the boot

by Sid Banerjee

Guy Carbonneau made himself heard in practice yesterday, trying in vain to get the troops out of their funk as the club practiced before Saturday night's affair in St. Louis, Presse Canadienne reported via the RDS web site.

The Gazette's Herb Zurkowsky, who is beautiful Missouri, reports that David Aebischer will be back between the pipes on Saturday against the Blues. Sergei Samsonov, however, has been benched until further notice and will watch from the press box. He played a shade over six minutes on Thursday and finished a minus -3.

5123_3.jpg

well I thought about going to this game (still could guarantee 10k show up tomorrow) but I don't have any money plus I don't want to be heckled.

But hey at least I actually get to see a game on tv with the Habs.

but gosh does John Kelly suck at announcing. So I'll have the game on mute and I'll be listening to the CKAC feed (get a mini french lesson) :)

well I thought about going to this game (still could guarantee 10k show up tomorrow) but I don't have any money plus I don't want to be heckled.

But hey at least I actually get to see a game on tv with the Habs.

but gosh does John Kelly suck at announcing. So I'll have the game on mute and I'll be listening to the CKAC feed (get a mini french lesson) :)

I'm dissapointed. I thought I would see you streaking on the ice with habworld.net painted on your back !!!

:ninja:

for those who think that this game could be a given for mtl, lets remember that st louis has nothing to lose at all and they probably show a better record than us since january.

I'm dissapointed. I thought I would see you streaking on the ice with habworld.net painted on your back !!!

:ninja:

for those who think that this game could be a given for mtl, lets remember that st louis has nothing to lose at all and they probably show a better record than us since january.

:lol:

Well I could find out where RDS is and invade their broadcast. hehehe

:nono: A true fan sees his team whenever possible. This is something that happens once every three years with this stupid scheduling system. Come on, 15 bucks for a ticket and 5 bucks for parking if you don't mind a little walk. And you of all people seem like the last person to shy away from being heckled. Heck, trash talking is half the fun! It's great using a nice witty comeback to which they can only respond by saying "Go back to effing Canada!" :lol:

:nono: A true fan sees his team whenever possible. This is something that happens once every three years with this stupid scheduling system. Come on, 15 bucks for a ticket and 5 bucks for parking if you don't mind a little walk. And you of all people seem like the last person to shy away from being heckled. Heck, trash talking is half the fun! It's great using a nice witty comeback to which they can only respond by saying "Go back to effing Canada!" :lol:

:lol:

They've already said that. hmmmm

I usually get the 33 dollar seats but yeah I could get nose bleeds for 8.

I'll think about it.

need to check my bank account first.

hmm its a promotion night could win tickets to an international/domestic destination.

Ah I'm going now. The canucks come here on Thursday, but Thursday is Smallville night and its the new episode where Lex and Lana get married. Since I schedule my life around that show, I can't go to the game, so I'll go tomorrow.

turns out the canuck game is in Van, so oops! But I've got no one to go with cuz my friend is working.

Andy Murray is an amazing coach and LA were chuckleheads to get rid of him. Murray has turned the Blues around and that will only increase when they get all their drafts picks going. The Blues will most likely be back in the playoffs next year.

This game wont be easy, and the way the Habs have been playing lately has been pathetic, at best. The only good thing coming into this game is that Abby seemed to be playing good last game so hopefully the team can work off that and actually have a good game.

@Spider-Man NL you do a great job, but you should probably update that 1st pick. It's of Stillman. I dont like seeing him more than needed. :lol:

if st louis wins in regulation time, they only two points behind us.

I feel like that 5th overall pick isn't that far at all.

Everyone dust off your Journey LP..........

Don't Stop Believin'

We'll all crank it up to 11 when the game starts.................

:D

terrible song if you ask me !!

as much as I want the best for my favourite team. I think it would be best for them to fail miserably, get in good drafting position and start from scratch.

I'll still cheer for them tonight but I won't feel sorry If they lose.

Well i will predict another lifeless, gutless edffort as usual. Since Carbo "let them have it" which is like the 10th time this year i don't think anything will change. Benching samsonov? while he is not my favorite, atleast plays hard, while the rest of the floaters get a pass. That is my problem with Carbo. Gorges sitting? While the 6 D in front of him can't skate and pass the puck at the same time, again, this is my problem with Carbo. Why did they trade for him?

How he has more confidence in the other 6 (ie. the worst D in the league) is beyound me. Let the kid play.

Another day closer to a better pick.

:ghg:

They're going to win because they have to.

That has never stopped them from losing before..

I tend to think they will win tonigh too, but I have NO idea what I'm basing that on. If they do not win, then at leat I can confidently say that they do not deserve the playoffs...

Let's hope it doesnt come to that yet

On a side note....It is POSSIBLE that this could be a game to ge Abby's confidence going a bit. St. Louis is not exactly overwhelmed with offensive prowess. A sound defensive game should keep them low on the scoreboard (4 and under these days), and hopefully give Abby a smidge of confidence.

On the flip side...if we get shelled by St. Louis.....well......I think the term "Rock Bottom" maybe applies?

ok how about we start a 10 game win streak. Maybe carbo is going to get this team moving.

go habs go

with our goaltending? lol

Andy Murray is an amazing coach and LA were chuckleheads to get rid of him. Murray has turned the Blues around and that will only increase when they get all their drafts picks going. The Blues will most likely be back in the playoffs next year.

This game wont be easy, and the way the Habs have been playing lately has been pathetic, at best. The only good thing coming into this game is that Abby seemed to be playing good last game so hopefully the team can work off that and actually have a good game.

@Spider-Man NL you do a great job, but you should probably update that 1st pick. It's of Stillman. I dont like seeing him more than needed. :lol:

abb played good lastgame?

3 pts from 8th now, aebischer in net anemic team....its gonna get alot worse.

we are looking at a top 6 pick in june

Are you shitting me with the lines, Per rds.ca

Latendresse Koivu Johnson

Higgins Plekanec Streit

Murray Bonk Ryder

Begin Lapierre Kovalev

I cannot believe this. Leaving Kostytsin, Perezhogin and Samsonov as scratches. you cannot be serious. Kosty has been great and Zhogs a scratch again.

Can someone tell me if he is injured or something, because i can't understand by Perezhogin never plays.