Perezhogin badly hurt

Punkned

Perezhogin missed 8 games since he received a shot on the site of the head during a practice. He's been out with a concussion since then. Françon Gagnon reports this morning that Perez's not getting better... He won't play this week-end. It has really been a bad year for him :(

You guys still belive he's gonna develop as a solid 2nd liner or is he an other Kovalenko?

Edited by Punkned

Kovalenko... severals of you on HW are impressed by Perez... i'm so defenitly not... Wild shots, no passes, loose the puck while decking... The man is fast, very fast, but Karl Dykhuis was fast too...

I don't think he is part of the future of the team, specially with Kots playing like that.

Kovalenko... severals of you on HW are impressed by Perez... i'm so defenitly not... Wild shots, no passes, loose the puck while decking... The man is fast, very fast, but Karl Dykhuis was fast too...

I don't think he is part of the future of the team, specially with Kots playing like that.

I've been of the same thoughts on Perez since I saw him live in Hamilton 3 weeks before the "slash".

He has skill, but he is not part of this team's future.

Good luck where ever he ends up, just make it soon.

I am a big Perezhogin fan and believe he has not had a chance to grow as an offensive player this season. When he received big minutes this year it was in a defensive role. Should he leave the Canadiens I believe he will come back to haunt them.

I truly believe he will score 30 goals more than a few times in the NHL.

Why dump a youth who is very cheap. I believe the team should be patient with him. One more season then look at moving him.

I totally agree. Too many times have we been quick to give up on "busts" that exploded elsewhere. You guys remember John Leclair?

I say let's see how Perez will rebound next year...

but the top two lines will be hard to crack on the wing with Lats, Higgins, Ryder, Kosty, Kovalev...

Milroy's gonna give everything he has at training camp next year because it's gonna be his last chance to become a regular NHLer.. at 24, he has almost "Carreer AHLer" stamped on him...

I totally agree. Too many times have we been quick to give up on "busts" that exploded elsewhere. You guys remember John Leclair?

I say let's see how Perez will rebound next year...

but the top two lines will be hard to crack on the wing with Lats, Higgins, Ryder, Kosty, Kovalev...

Milroy's gonna give everything he has at training camp next year because it's gonna be his last chance to become a regular NHLer.. at 24, he has almost "Carreer AHLer" stamped on him...

Eric Lindros is the reason why LeClair exploded. I don't think he would have been so good in Montréal.

For Perez, I'm sure he'll be back next year... anyway we wouldn't get much from him. Lets give him the time he need to bounce back. But he won't play on the top 2 lines next year neither. His best moments were with Bonk and Johnson.

Edited by JoeLassister

Perezhogin missed 8 games since he received a shot on the site of the head during a practice. He's been out with a concussion since then. Françon Gagnon reports this morning that Perez's not getting better... He won't play this week-end. It has really been a bad year for him :(

You guys still belive he's gonna develop as a solid 2nd liner or is he an other Kovalenko?

I think that if he's given a chance here, he'll be that 2nd liner or even 1st liner. If not, he's gonna be packaged to some other team and flourish with them, and we'll be sorry we traded him, and then we'll complain about how come it seems that players don't do well in our system and do well elsewhere. And the answer is taht it's because they a) aren't given a real chance, or B) our system isn't adaptable and doesn't aallow offensive and creative players to become great players.

our system isn't adaptable and doesn't aallow offensive and creative players to become great players.

I was happily surprised that we had a two-men forcheck strategy against the Isles tuesday! I hope Carbo'll stop using that 4 guys-wait-at-our-blueline tactic which would get us killed by the pens who have a great offense but a vulnerable D. With the speed that can be generated by our youth crew, we definitely must continue with that 2 men forecheck. That'll help the young talents to have opportunities

I love how a rookie comes in and plays ONE decent game and suddely he is the second coming. I agree AK46 has potential, but he is just as likely to fail as Perez. I'm not advocating either player, I'm saying, we shouldnt place all our hopes in a player everytime he has a good game. That is one of the reason why the Lattendress saga has been so back-and-forth this year. Everytime he hasa good game, he is suddenly the next Guy Lafleur, then when the pressure mounts and he goes a few games without scoring, the disapointment mounts...for him and the fans.

we need to be realistic about hockey players:

Goalies can come out of nowhere...Players develop year-to-year. VERY rarely to skaters go from dud to stud over one season. These things take time...perez is not the exeption, he is the rule!

there is absolutely no point to trading perez 1. he is cheap 2. he has no more value than any other prospect. 3. He shows at times some amazing talent. 4. he is very fast and in the new nhl that is priceless. give him a chance see what he can do nect year.

I was happily surprised that we had a two-men forcheck strategy against the Isles tuesday! I hope Carbo'll stop using that 4 guys-wait-at-our-blueline tactic which would get us killed by the pens who have a great offense but a vulnerable D. With the speed that can be generated by our youth crew, we definitely must continue with that 2 men forecheck. That'll help the young talents to have opportunities

I absolutely agree. It made a HUGE difference to play with the 2-man forcheck. but I still think we'll lose to Pittsburgh... Abby's fat juicy rebounds straight onto Crosby, Malkin, and Staal's sticks will be our undoing.

I'm not exactly sure how Perez will fit into Carbo's future plans, but I really hope they keep him. He is still young and makes mistakes but he has a lot of skill and speed, and although he can take a lazy penalty from time to time I think he works really hard out there.

Hopefully he can get healthy soon so they can fit him back into the lineup.

Maybe he has decided he is going back to Russia and given up on the season. You hate to second guess these players over injuries, but after all the talk of the discord among the Russian players and some of the bizarre actions of Kovalev, I can't help but have some doubts.

Maybe he has decided he is going back to Russia and given up on the season. You hate to second guess these players over injuries, but after all the talk of the discord among the Russian players and some of the bizarre actions of Kovalev, I can't help but have some doubts.

:?- :?- :?- :?- :?- :?- :?-

WHAT??? You make it sound like you heard he got on a flight and is gone... Ummm, the guy took a puck to the head. He has a concussion. No one's wondering if he's physically still in montreal!

Well, I'm sure he is in Montreal, since he is being well paid, but only Perezhogin himself can determine when he feels well enough to play. If he has given up on the Habs, and perhaps on the NHL in general, there isn't much incentive to "feel well enough to play" for the balance of the season.

Perezhogin is an uncertain commodity. However, he has always been billed as a player with significant offensive upside, and I don't think we should give up on guys like that until they've been given a good go on the PP and top-two lines.

Bear in mind that he put on several pounds of muscle over the summer, and that can often impose quite an adjustment on a young player in terms of timing and mechanics. And also bear in mind that he's +11. I'd give him one more year in a more well-defined offensive role and take it from there. But give up? Definitely not yet.

Yeah, Perezhogin added A LOT of muscle. He was less than 180 pounds when they drafted him. I hope it was "honest" muscle. At least 30% of NHL hockey players are using some illegal method of increasing their strength and endurance, I would say, and Perezhogin looks like a prime suspect.

Yeah, Perezhogin added A LOT of muscle. He was less than 180 pounds when they drafted him. I hope it was "honest" muscle. At least 30% of NHL hockey players are using some illegal method of increasing their strength and endurance, I would say, and Perezhogin looks like a prime suspect.

I agree, but I'm not sure I care...the point is that his weight gain (almost certainly chemically assisted) may be screwing him up on the ice. But he will make the adjustment eventually, presumably.

Would he help us in the next games ?

No we need grit to win games.

He has speed yes but rarely gets oppurtunity to score.

With that kind of speed he should create his own chances.

He is good two way, he uses his speed more to come back than to drive the net.

Will he be there next year, don't know, don't care.

and we are saying this why?

Um, hate to cut it to you....but it's called a strength conditioning coach. When you lift weights, eat right, and do as much cardio that he does (on the ice), you are bound to gain mass and excel with gains. Also, where is your proof that 30% of these players are using illegal methods to increase their strength? Do you have a legitimate source or are you assuming so? Without further proof, I can only wonder if you making a ballpark assumption with figures? I dont think anyone on Montreal uses performance enhancing drugs since the days of Dagenais, Theodore, and Ribeiro. Perezhogin has always been naturally fast, and his shot has been gradually getting better, but I don't see any drastic changes that could convince me he has been consuming something he shouldn't be :unsure:

Edited by justintb

First you say he's back in Russia because of the anti-Russian conspiracy, and that his concussion is most likely a ruse. Then he's on some performance enhancing drugs? Huh? Overactive imagination?? can someone not really be injured, or is it automatically some kind of cover up. ,

When I was 18, I weighed roughly 170 pounds. By the time I was 22 or so, I was at my current weight, which is closer to 225. And it's honest muscle (not fat, not 'roids). It's rather easy with a little dedication, especially a professional athlete, to add muscle mass. Especially at his young age, and with top notch fitness coaches surrounding him.

Just because Dick Pound speculates it, that makes it true? The NHLs testing policy has pretty much proven Dick Pound to be full of shit....how many positive tests has the NHL had, and EVERYONE got tested last year?!