Game Thread | Montreal vs. Pittsburgh | 03/16/07

Spider-Man NL

canadiens_logo.jpgvrssign.gifpenguins_logo.jpg

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

montreal50.gif35-30-6 : 76 Points (11th in the Eastern Conference)

pittsburgh312.gif39-21-10 : 88 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Montreal

Abby2.jpg# 30 David Aebischer (13-11-3), 3.10 GAA, .902 Save%

Pittsburgh

3395.gif# 29 Marc-Andre Fleury (33-14-8), 2.92 GAA, .902 Save%

Canadiens Roster
Link

Penguins Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder
Higgins - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Bégin - Lapierre - Johnson
Dandenault - Murray - Streit

d.jpg

Markov - Komisarek
Gorges - Souray
Bouillon - Niinimaa

G.jpg
David Aebischer

Meetings This Year:

Dec. 16th, 2006:pittsburgh312.gif3 montreal50.gif6

Feb. 1st, 2007:montreal50.gif4 pittsburgh312.gif5 (SO)

Feb. 4th, 2007:pittsburgh312.gif3 montreal50.gif4 (OT)

KovyPitts.jpg

KoivuAbbyPitts.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& FSNP.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, if ever we needed a winning streak it's now!!!!!

Please let our young guns, vets and especially goaltending come together and stay together!!!

Go :hlogo: Go!

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/03/audio...nk_dont_make_t/

Kovalev, Bonk, Perezhogin don't make trip to Pittsburgh

By Dave Stubbs

Ailing Alex Kovalev, still feeling the effects of vertigo, and flu-stricken Radek Bonk did not leave the Bell Centre on the 2:30 p.m. bus for the Canadiens' charter flight to Pittsburgh this afternoon, in advance of tomorrow night's game against the Penguins.

Also remaining behind is Alexander Perezhogin, who continues to suffer from concussion-related symptoms. Kovalev skated, lightly, in practice in a non-contact role, but there was no sign of Bonk or Perezhogin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Head coach Guy Carbonneau, choosing David Aebischer to return to the net tomorrow night, practised the following line combinations during a one-hour noon-time workout today:

Ryder-Koivu-Latendresse

Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Bégin-Lapierre-Johnson

Samsonov-Murray-Streit

But should Carbonneau use Mathieu Dandenault on his fourth line, as expected, that would again relegate Samsonov to the press box. Defenceman Janne Niinimaa, after perhaps his best game of the season on Tuesday night, almost surely will be rewarded with another start Thursday.

abc%20micro.jpg

after a shutout agaisnt the devils, one would expect Thibault to be in nets in mtl.

to say that this important would be an understatement. Let's see if the kids can do it twice in a row.

It's time for Kostitsyn to show that he belongs on the playing field with the Pens first rounders. He has talent to burn, let's hope he lights a fire again tonight, just like last game. He's a special player.

:ghg:

Another one of 11 must-win games.

If we can capture both this weekend then we can afford 1 loss, then it's right back to having to win 3 and a loss can be afforded again, then it's right back to having to win 3 and a loss can be afforded for the 3rd time to close out the year.

2-1 - 3-1 - 3-1

Not that I find losing acceptable but these 2 games if they result in wins will be HUGE for the drive

Go Habs Go :hlogo:

I hope the kids can bring it two nights in a row. I wonder if Sammy will get another shot with the team, if they are bringing him on the trip he might get a shot.

Right now, in my opinion, all he provides is a distraction... I sided with him all year, and I don't think Carbo did a good job with him at all, but his last comments, whether instigated by a reporter or not, were uncalled for ("I've been blamed for everything all year, why stop now" or somehting like that)...

The younger players are playing well, and working hard, and most importantly, not complaining. Chemistry seems to finally be improving... I'd keep him out of the line up due to the distraction he would cause alone... We don't need it right now, and I don't think he'd really make the team that much better at this point...

Well I do agree short hadned but he is still at practice and travelling with the team so the distraction is already present. Also should a top line forward get hurt he would be able to step in especially in a game aginst a team such as the Penguins where there will be more speed and less physical play.

Go :hlogo: go!

Hey Dutchie,

Montréal@Pittsburgh/Toronto@Montréal/Boston@Montréal

Live on NASN,

enjoy.

I know these games are on, but i thought the next two are not live. I know that the Penns game will be on tomorrow 7 am. So that will be a early wake-up call after a late night of poker!! And The Toronto game will be on sunday 9.30 am, so that will be very early to after a night in the Pub :D

edit: just the other way around, saturday @9.30 am/sunday 7.00 am! (and they put a rerun of the Penns game for the Leafs game. So 2 games on sunday, but it stars @ 5.30 :( )

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Well I do agree short hadned but he is still at practice and travelling with the team so the distraction is already present. Also should a top line forward get hurt he would be able to step in especially in a game aginst a team such as the Penguins where there will be more speed and less physical play.

Not too sure it is playing out like that. I was surprised he was traveling with the team, but your comments made me thing about it; what Samsonov can do best now is to serve as an example of what happens when you play like a slaker. You eat hot dogs ... even if you make 3 mil. And if any of the yougsters want to take a night off, they have a 3 mil. guy who can step in. Samsonov been paraded in the dog house may have a good psychological affect.

I've put up a preview for tonight's game on the HW front page:

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1384

I like getting feedback, especially when you leave me an email address.

I know these games are on, but i thought the next two are not live. I know that the Penns game will be on tomorrow 7 am. So that will be a early wake-up call after a late night of poker!! And The Toronto game will be on sunday 9.30 am, so that will be very early to after a night in the Pub :D

edit: just the other way around, saturday @9.30 am/sunday 7.00 am! (and they put a rerun of the Penns game for the Leafs game. So 2 games on sunday, but it stars @ 5.30 :( )

You're right. My bad. Tuesday's game against Boston will be live.

:hlogo:

We always seem to play well against Pittsburgh, and I hope this is the case tonight. We need a solid game from Abby if we are to stand a chance.

I anticipate a high scoring game.

Let's march these Penguins back to their dressing room in shame!

GO HABS GO!!!