Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | 03/17/07

Spider-Man NL

stpathead2.gif

comment10.gif

mapleleafs_vert.jpgvrssign.gifcanadiens_vert.jpg

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

toronto50.gif34-28-9 : 77 Points (9th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif35-31-6 : 76 Points (11th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Toronto

1461.gif# 1 Andrew Raycroft (31-22-7), 2.98 GAA, .894 Save%

Montreal

41Halak.jpg# 41 Jaroslav Halak (3-4-0), 3.71 GAA, .874 Save%

Maple Leafs Roster
Link

Canadiens Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder
Higgins - Plekanec - Kovalev
Bégin - Lapierre - Kostitsyn
Murray- Johnson - Streit

d.jpg

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Gorges
Dandeneault - Bouillon

G.jpg
Jaroslav Halak

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 7th, 2006:montreal50.gif3 toronto50.gif2 (SO)

Oct. 28th, 2006:toronto50.gif5 montreal50.gif4 (SO)

Nov. 11th, 2006:montreal50.gif1 toronto50.gif5

Dec. 2nd, 2006:toronto50.gif3 montreal50.gif4 (SO)

Jan. 27th, 2007:montreal50.gif1 toronto50.gif4

Feb. 26th, 2007:toronto50.gif4 montreal50.gif5

Snookpaddysday.jpg

Habbs7.jpg

HigginsGoalLeafs.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& CBC.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

happy st paddy all !! may your beer be green and our team red hot.

great job spidey !! love that irish picture hehe.

so let me be the 1st one to say out of blindness: GO HABS GO!!

stpat2b.gif

Edited by marky_and_komi

Happy Saint Patty's Day!!

I think Spiderman started early on the green beer, that's why he's seeing Streit & Dandenault in doubles...

As much as this team dissapointed me last, I still hope they beat the living snot out of the Leafs.

I'm wearing my "Kiss my I'm Irish T-shirt" from my first St Patrick's Day parade in MTL and I'm on my way to Molly Malone's for my first St-Patty's day in Athens. Not quite the same, but at least it's 23C here today!!!

Cheers to all!!!

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S Yall!

GO HABS GO!

If we don't win tonight against the laughers; we will never wake up! Lets get that energy level up and play our game.

GO HABS GO!

Another 4-point game,

play hard for 60'!

Go :hlogo: go!

"I have the French TV at home, with a dish, and it's crazy how much the media and the fans are putting pressure on this team."

-Maxime Talbot, 17/03/2007, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

So we're not going to make the playoffs....fine I accept that; :( but for CHRISTSAKE don't help the Leafs out!

If we're going down I say take them with us!

uhhhhh..........

does that bit of info come from God? (maybe that's why the CHRISTSAKE).

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

Kovy will give this team a boost tongiht I hope he was great last game against the Leafs.

Halak coming back shows me one of two things, Carbo has lost faith in Abby and Huet may be closer to a return than many think.

As for tongiht I am hoping Kovalev, Koivu Ryder, Higgins Plekanec all get 20+ minutes and Lapierre Murray and Begin all get less than 10.

The Habs might as well live and die with their best players.

Kovy will give this team a boost tongiht I hope he was great last game against the Leafs.

Halak coming back shows me one of two things, Carbo has lost faith in Abby and Huet may be closer to a return than many think.

As for tongiht I am hoping Kovalev, Koivu Ryder, Higgins Plekanec all get 20+ minutes and Lapierre Murray and Begin all get less than 10.

The Habs might as well live and die with their best players.

less than 10 minutes... against TO? ROFL

Lapierre and Begin getting less than 10? you mean, you really want TO to beat us badly and want Koivu, Ryder, Higgins to get into troubles, etc?

No, Lapierre and Begin won't score... But if they don't play, no one will put their defense on their heels... and no one will "break" the perimeter. If these guys don't play, you'll see 2-3 shots from the point from koivu and ryder... and the rest of the shots coming. from souray.

Happy Saint Patty's Day!!

I think Spiderman started early on the green beer, that's why he's seeing Streit & Dandenault in doubles...

great job spidey !! love that irish picture hehe.

by the way, you put dandenault and streit both on offense and defense, by !!

thanks and as for the lineup mistakes.....give me a break...I was half asleep when I made the thread...lol

Let's see...Habs come off a tough loss to Pittsburgh...Leafs come off a humiliation in Washington. Both tired. This game should go to the team with the most guts, determination, and pride.

Since the Habs have probably THE LOWEST quotient of these virtues of any team in hockey, while the Leafs are a pretty gutsy club, I fully expect the Leafs to kick their asses tonight. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it's a devastating demolition act.

Sorry, but that's the kind of team this has been, since about December or so. :puke:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

1. Keep Markov & Komi up against Sundin's line.

2. Stay out of the box.

3. Try to match Higgins/AK 46/Plex whenever Hal Gill is on the ice.

4. Coax Tucker into some stupid penalties.

5. Make a save or two when it counts.

habs 5 (Higgins (2), Plex, Gui, Koivu)

Leafs 3

Let's see...Habs come off a tough loss to Pittsburgh...Leafs come off a humiliation in Washington. Both tired. This game should go to the team with the most guts, determination, and pride.

Since the Habs have probably THE LOWEST quotient of these virtues of any team in hockey, while the Leafs are a pretty gutsy club, I fully expect the Leafs to kick their asses tonight. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it's a devastating demolition act.

Sorry, but that's the kind of team this has been, since about December or so. :puke:

I agree totally. It's gonna kill me tonight, but, this is setting up like an ass-kicking. Leafs'll try to do what we did to them last year, knock them out of contention.

Thats a pretty safe statement, i fully expect the leafs to be the better team tonight

"Hello, hello! Alex over vertigo".....from sportsnet

How this then:

Gosh golly, We sure could use a win tonight Toto....I'd be ever so sad if we missed the playoffs!

And those darn Leafs make me ever so mad, gosh golly I hope they don't make it on account of us....

Better?

Edited by kenadian

WOW.....I have been consistently disappointed by this team and cursed them upside down this year....but even I think they can get up for this one!

Let's just say this though...If they cant, they DEFINITELY don't deserve the playoffs, and I DO NOT want to go forward with this team

Chicoutimi Cucumber, I am disappointed. I feel OK that within our own camp we can and allow dissension but where is your bravado? I hope your belief is not revealed to Leaf fans. "Don't let it show".

"Leafs are a pretty gutsy club"? Bullocks to that.

GO HABS GO