Habs odds at winning the cup?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the Rangers and Habs will make it. Tampa will likely get pushed out thus allowing NY and Mtl to make the post season. This is assuming the habs continue their strong play and that TB continues to suck.

If they make the playoffs their chances are 100% because Samsonov will come back and score 3 goals a game and carry the team on his back...................

HAHAHAHA....I blacked out there for a second, what the hell did I just write??

-Hey, who knew what could have happened vs CAROLINA without Koivu's injury ; we were leading 2-0 and lost 4 close games.

-I like our chances vs BUFFALO (if we make the playoffs) in the 1st round ; we have been really good against them this season ; we won some games , lost some (only one real blow-out, and we didn't show up that night).

- Our last 3 games vs PITTSBURGH : 1 close loss , i win in OT, and recently the 5-3 loss that could have been a Habs win if it wasn't for Abby's antics (we played well that night)

-OTTAWA, we have beaten them when we showed up, and they humiliated us when we didn't show up. It's as simple as that.

-Plus, u need a bunch of crazy and fearless guys in the playoffs (remember Oilers last season, who knew?), and the young Habs can bring thay.

:hlogo: :hlogo:

Here's the thing about the playoffs though, your good guys are likely to go down, and if you don't win then (like we didn't win against carolina when we lost Sak) you can't say "If only" because the teams that win the cups are the ones that win even when they've got a bunch of injuries to key guys... when did Erik Cole come back for Carolina last year? He wasn't there from the beginning of the playoffs and htey still won...

Saying we can assume we'll beat Pittsburgh because it's Abby's fault we lost, well, Abby was playing and he's part of the team; who's to say whichever goalie's in nets won't have a bad game too... Gerber stunk for Carolina last year, he just didn't lose them enough games to have them eliminated, so again, can't point to the bad goalie and say it won't happen any more....

and then in terms of getting embarrassed and blown out when we don't show up... who's to say we'll show up enough from now until April to even make the playoffs???? and then saying we do, who's to say we'll show up enough during the playoffs to win any rounds, let alone win the cup?

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just trying to be realistic. Winning teams win regardless of bad goaltening, injuries, etc... they find ways to win; last year was last year... right now, we should jsut see if we can get into the second season, never mind going further until we get there.

Here's the thing about the playoffs though, your good guys are likely to go down, and if you don't win then (like we didn't win against carolina when we lost Sak) you can't say "If only" because the teams that win the cups are the ones that win even when they've got a bunch of injuries to key guys... when did Erik Cole come back for Carolina last year? He wasn't there from the beginning of the playoffs and htey still won...

Saying we can assume we'll beat Pittsburgh because it's Abby's fault we lost, well, Abby was playing and he's part of the team; who's to say whichever goalie's in nets won't have a bad game too... Gerber stunk for Carolina last year, he just didn't lose them enough games to have them eliminated, so again, can't point to the bad goalie and say it won't happen any more....

and then in terms of getting embarrassed and blown out when we don't show up... who's to say we'll show up enough from now until April to even make the playoffs???? and then saying we do, who's to say we'll show up enough during the playoffs to win any rounds, let alone win the cup?

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just trying to be realistic. Winning teams win regardless of bad goaltening, injuries, etc... they find ways to win; last year was last year... right now, we should jsut see if we can get into the second season, never mind going further until we get there.

I have to disagree ; of course, you lose as a team ; heck, I even remember Abby allowing 4-5 goals in the 1st half of the season, but it wasn't his fault (the team didn't play well defensively) ; however, I still believe goaltending is that important ; speaking of Gerber and Carolina, we scored less goals when Laviollette decided to put Cam Ward in the net ; Gerber allowed 11 or 12 goals in 2 games ; Ward, not so much ; that's why I was talking about about the Pittsburgh game

nil, zilch, nada etc, etc... but I'd love nothing better than being wrong!!!!!!!!!

:clap::hockey: :hlogo: :hockey::clap:

Edited by beliveau1

:?- :?- :?- :?-

I stand by my comment. :lol: If you think this pack of doofuses is *likely* to even make the playoffs, I've got a bridge to sell ya :rolleyes:

I like ShortHanded's comments, too. Gainey himself said as much last season: you can point to close games and one goal losses, but 'a one-goal loss is two goals away from winning, and two goals is a lot in this league.' Close is not the cigar. And at this point, this team ain't even close.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Should a series against NJ occur, i say get Begin to crash into Brodeur and take him out for the rest of the series. Only way we'd have a chance :lol::lol:

Edited by Cataclaw

when did Erik Cole come back for Carolina last year? He wasn't there from the beginning of the playoffs and htey still won...

Cole came back Game 2 against Montreal. So yeah, he was there pretty much from the beginning of playoffs.

The key to winning isn't so much who we start, but how we get some goals past King Henrik. Dude is playing like a Vezina candidate since the All-Star break.

Who is he??

IMO, I think both Habs and Rangers are making playoffs..... :unsure:

I just hope the games in hand factor doesnt bite us in the ass!

I t shouldnt the leafs dont have that much talent.

I say:

Habs make the playoffs.

Habs beat Buffalo in 7.

Habs lose to NJ in 6.

I'm happy. :hlogo:

My prediction:

Habs make playoffs as 7th seed

They Beat Penguins in an exciting 7 gamer,

They Beat Buffalo out next in 6 (like they should have to Carolina last year :angry: ),

They Lose to NJD in 5 games and brodeur gets 3 shutouts!