Game Thread | Capitals vs. Canadiens | 03/24/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE should probably get used to it.

All these teams are playing desperate hockey. How else do you explain Toronto badly outplaying Buffalo on back to back nights

The best way to make up the ground is to beat the teams we are fighting.

Edited by Wamsley01

Good game by the Habs tonite. Looked like they had lots of energy. 40 shots, WOW. Nice to see Kovy pot a couple of G-notes. Great play by Kosty on Plekanec 3rd goal. Strong on the puck and a great pass. Solid game by Halak in nets tonite.

Final Score

Habs -- 4

Caps -- 1

fireworks4.gif

cool fireworks thing...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Rangers, Sens and Sabres next week :wacko:

2 of 3 at home though, need to clean off the home schedule to have a shot

Edited by Wamsley01

Rangers, Sens and Sabres next week :wacko:

gonna be TOUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

it'll be a real test of our abilities... especially the buffalo & sens... new york won't go down without a huge fight either...

It's frustrating that we might miss the post season. What a bummer season if it's true and it may be already :(

But, on the other hand, if anything we can all be extremely pleased.

KOSTITSYN!

It is ultimate relief for me that he is displaying this skill standard. I was worried we'd move him. He is in the upper echolon of passers in the NHL. I had to wait enough games before going out on a limb with this boast but we saw it again with our own eyes tonight. The pass to Pleks for the goal and he fed another to Higgins through a Capitals players skate for a point blank chance. He did more than that and I've seen it enough in all the games so far to proclaim it :clap:

I hope we do make it to see what this team can do because they are playing their best all year.

Halak is solid.

Hope :hlogo:

Caps were no match for us altough you gotta give em credit for not giving up. Go Habs go :clap:

I will let you enjoy that, you have been waiting ALL season for that opportunity and you will probably be waiting a long time to do it again. :lol:

But anyways nice to see plekanec scored again, how about we up his contract to around 4.5 - 5 million?

In the spirit of Reg Dunlop from Slapshot, "I'm just scrappin'" :)

It's frustrating that we might miss the post season. What a bummer season if it's true and it may be already :(

But, on the other hand, if anything we can all be extremely pleased.

KOSTITSYN!

It is ultimate relief for me that he is displaying this skill standard. I was worried we'd move him. He is in the upper echolon of passers in the NHL. I had to wait enough games before going out on a limb with this boast but we saw it again with our own eyes tonight. The pass to Pleks for the goal and he fed another to Higgins through a Capitals players skate for a point blank chance. He did more than that and I've seen it enough in all the games so far to proclaim it :clap:

I hope we do make it to see what this team can do because they are playing their best all year.

Halak is solid.

Hope :hlogo:

and who else might come up next year?

the team is getting younger and hungrier... i'm looking forward to it with glee

Why o why did this team took 2 months off in the middle of the season? Had they not done so we would be battline for the first place, not for a playoff spot

They really love to make things harder than they should be isnt it?

Why o why did this team took 2 months off in the middle of the season? Had they not done so we would be battline for the first place, not for a playoff spot

they're trying to make us stronger people...

you know... suffering makes for stronger character building...

So when AK27 scores 15 goals in the next 2 months I figure we all say "What salary?"

I called that way back, this is when we need him healthy and laying it on the line, not early in the year when injury could take him out for the year.

He was so due, been playing great since he came back.

Halak impressed again, Huet back soon, can't be bad.

Lapierre is looking great on the PK. Finally our PK reminded me of November.

I say we can drop one at most and make it at the current rate.

Therefore

21 wins to the cup !!

Bring on the glory

This team is going to be great for awhile now, looking forward to what history will remember as "The Gainey Years"

Never underestimate the power of a call home!!!

Go Habs Go !!

Never underestimate the power of a call home!!!

Go Habs Go !!

Hehehe you still making those telephone calls? Well, I've slept through the last coupla (it's morning here when evening in NA), and Habs have won, so I guess now I'll have to stay in bed for the Habs. :P

GP Habs Go!!!

I've been feeling the same way Jean... I'm so happy with the way they're playing right now, but it bugs me that they're capable of all this and just STUNK for 2 months...

I like the kids though... we have good kids in our system and i think they'll make the difference most nights from here on in. Even if we don't make the playoffs, I REALLY hope Carbo remembers next September what the kids did at the end of the year and doesn't go back to just playing the same old "old guys" and making all the kids fight for a spot or two in the lineup...

4 for 4 when i don't post until after we win... :D

i wish i could have seen this game, but i was cleaning up at poker... pretty good night for me all around!

Hehehe you still making those telephone calls? Well, I've slept through the last coupla (it's morning here when evening in NA), and Habs have won, so I guess now I'll have to stay in bed for the Habs. :P

GP Habs Go!!!

And I've started drinking tea on a regular basis... B)

Well, we both have earrings...and my first and last initials are JP. :blink:

And now the tea... Or am I thinking of the wrong forum member?