Anaheim Ducks Win The 2007 Stanley Cup

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prez trophy jinx?
Yeah, I tought about that too. Maybe the Sens learned their lesson from last season. Maybe they've been more focused on the playoffs this time. When you get down to it, the regular season doesn't really mean a whole lot. Winning the President's Trophy sure didn't do Buffalo any good. Talk about home-ice disadvantage. Ottawa won all three games in Buffalo.

The only Buffalo players who I think really stepped up were Miller and Drury. Perhaps also guys like Tallinder and Hecht and Lydman (even if he had sort of a bad day today), to a certain extent. But I htink guys like Briere, Afinogenov, Roy, Vanek, Campbell, Pominville, Connolly, they have not played at the top of their game. Whereas for the Sens, guys like McAmmond and Fisher, Volchenkov and Phillips and Redden, and Spezza/Alfie/Killer, they're playing the best hockey of their lives. Meszaros (sp?), Schaefer, Vermette, Kelly, guys like them are pitching in in a way that the Buffalo players didn't manage.

I know it's been said before, but Emery is the only real weakness I think.

Drury was probably Buffalo's best player, he's almost as good a goalie as Miller. He's not just blocking shots, he's making' saves!

I think Buffalo were playing rather well, but they were playing a little too much of a run and gun type of hockey. Ottawa seemed more confident and relaxed, more patient.

Very entertaining second period, and the game as a whole too. Might not always be what the coaches like, but I'm loving it. Reminds me of the BUF-NYR game that went in to double or triple OT (at least I think that was the game that was über-amazingly entertaining).

Too bad that it was Afinogenov (I hate that guy) who scored the tying goal, he was doing such a great job at ######ing everything up. He got lucky on the goal, and you can't really credit him for being in the right place either, because if he hadn't been there he would not have been doing what every forward on a 5-on-3 is supposed to do.

Drury is maybe too good at blocking shots. That or Connolly lost all his ability to aim when he took that hit from Schaefer a year ago.

I think both penelties that lead to the Buffalo 5-on-3 was bogus. Calling an interference on Volchenkov was ridiculous, and the slash on Schubert, well, I honestly didn't see any slash there.

The delaying-the-game call on Comrie though was correct. I think he dove with the intention to break up the pass across the slot and went into the net and he tried to make it look like he did not knock the net off intentionally, but I think he did knock it off on purpose. Not by much, but enough for a penelty.

In the end justice was done. This was IMO the only game when the Sens did not outplay the Sabres, but they deserve to move on to the Cup finals.

If the Sens win the cup they will eat the Leafs fans alive for years that is the only positive.

Yup, exactly. It hurts Leaf fans more then Habs fans if they raise the cup in Ottawa.

Sens were so bad for so many years, Leaf fans probably treated Sens fans like the "Triple A" team of Ontario. (an ahl team for non baseball knowledge people).

Congratz, Sens. Too bad the Wings will have to own you. :)

By the way, I'm sure you've all already noticed but this makes 3 consecutive season where a Canadian team makes the SCF. Not bad considering they're outnumbered 5 to 1.

Maybe it's the atmosphere and the lively home crowd that makes it easier to perform come playoff time.

By the way, I'm sure you've all already noticed but this makes 3 consecutive season where a Canadian team makes the SCF. Not bad considering they're outnumbered 5 to 1.

Maybe it's the atmosphere and the lively home crowd that makes it easier to perform come playoff time.

all 3 of them are smaller canadian markets !!

all 3 of them are smaller canadian markets !!

but Canadian markets nonetheless, where hockey is the talk of the town.

It would be interesting if Anaheim makes the finals. It would be the fifth straight year that either a Southeast or Californian team makes the SCF.

It'd be disappointing if the Ducks makes the finals, because they're a bunch of goons and thugs.

It'd be disappointing if the Ducks makes the finals, because they're a bunch of goons and thugs.

Perfect line-up to win a war like the stanley cup playoffs.

The channel I subscribe to (do you subscribe to TV channels?) is called Canal +. They pay for the games from something called NASN. NASN buys different games from different networks. I think during the playoffs, at least during the conference finals, NASN is getting the games from VS.

Actually it wasn't VS. It was from the network that has that peacock as their logo, the one with feathers in different colors. Which one is that? CBC?

Actually it wasn't VS. It was from the network that has that peacock as their logo, the one with feathers in different colors. Which one is that? CBC?

Hahaha CBC is Canadian.

CBS is the American station.

Not your fault though you live on the other side of the world.

200512-nbclogo.jpg

It was that one.

I don't know why this turned into such a big deal. :huh:

Canal + have Swedish commentators, for a lot of games during the regular season and for all games during the playoffs.

nice goal red wings

Way to go Peter Worrell. ;)

Great comment by the Swedish expert commentator towards the end of the second period: "What? Lidström on the bench? Looks like they've remodelled the place since his last visit". :lol:

Detroit is taking over this game. The Ducks are looking slow and tired.

Scott Neidermayer scores to tie the game at 1 in the final minute.

I guess he'll be the monster performer !!! :lol: