Anaheim Ducks Win The 2007 Stanley Cup

:D I had Ducks in 6, and got it right.... Buffalo on the other hand... BAH.

Oh yeah, and thanks to their strong D, Anaheim will shut down the Sens' top line and win the series...

Ducks in 7

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anaheim have the advantage of being already used to travel often.

the fartest the ottawa went this year was in chicago...

advantage anaheim..in 7

Ducks in five. B)

Yeah like Tampa or Carolina.

Or Dallas. :P

i've been saying this on October 5th : Stanley Cup to the Ducks !!!! Too much leadership, 2 good goalers and severals good youngers, the best combination.

I said it the day that they made the Pronger trade. :P

Five days to rest for the Ducks.

It will be a sweet finale.

Much better then Carolina-Edmonton.

And..does the NHL drug testing is effective in playoffs ??

I would be interested in the results of Emery :monkey:

and Murray with his nose sniffling all the time :?-

Yes, this series will be interesting for sure. It's clear the Senators have not had to deal with an Anaheim yet. They shut down Sidney Crosby and his high-scoring Penguins. They beat Martin Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils and toppled the President's Trophy-winning Buffalo Sabres.

But, the Penguins? Ottawa was going to steamroll them anyway. New Jersey was just downright pathetic for their standards. I watched to TB/NJ series and something was severely lacking in the Devil's game. (Lamorello :blink::blink::blink: ) Buffalo suffered the same consequence. The wheels did fall off to a slight degree.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and type that the Sens did it because their opponents were bad. That's not true. BUT, having said that I should also make it clear that (IMO) the Senators didn't get here so much on being overly superior to their opponents so much as they had opponents who didn't play up to their potential.

So now, bring on the evil Ducks. It's going to be crucial for the Senators to get secondary scoring from Comrie, Saprykin, McAmmond, Fisher and company. If Anaheim shuts down Heatley, Spezza and Alfie they will need the secondary offence. If not, this could be ugly.

The Senators are clearly using a 2-1-2 collapse into a small triangle in the slot. When Ottawa collapses they also force (pressure) the player with the puck. It's usually the center. The transition to offence happens with the 2-1-2 play breaking out. Emery has had a controlled funnel provided by his defence in front of him for 3 rounds. Anaheim IS going to penetrate that where the other teams couldn't. Ottawa must be prepared for this.

I'm going with Anaheim becasue of my concern over this pressure.

Yes, this series will be interesting for sure. It's clear the Senators have not had to deal with an Anaheim yet. They shut down Sidney Crosby and his high-scoring Penguins. They beat Martin Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils and toppled the President's Trophy-winning Buffalo Sabres.

But, the Penguins? Ottawa was going to steamroll them anyway. New Jersey was just downright pathetic for their standards. I watched to TB/NJ series and something was severely lacking in the Devil's game. (Lamorello :blink::blink::blink: ) Buffalo suffered the same consequence. The wheels did fall off to a slight degree.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and type that the Sens did it because their opponents were bad. That's not true. BUT, having said that I should also make it clear that (IMO) the Senators didn't get here so much on being overly superior to their opponents so much as they had opponents who didn't play up to their potential.

So now, bring on the evil Ducks. It's going to be crucial for the Senators to get secondary scoring from Comrie, Saprykin, McAmmond, Fisher and company. If Anaheim shuts down Heatley, Spezza and Alfie they will need the secondary offence. If not, this could be ugly.

The Senators are clearly using a 2-1-2 collapse into a small triangle in the slot. When Ottawa collapses they also force (pressure) the player with the puck. It's usually the center. The transition to offence happens with the 2-1-2 play breaking out. Emery has had a controlled funnel provided by his defence in front of him for 3 rounds. Anaheim IS going to penetrate that where the other teams couldn't. Ottawa must be prepared for this.

I'm going with Anaheim becasue of my concern over this pressure.

Another thing too is that Anaheim has guys who have been here before. Scott Niedermayer has three Cup rings. His brother Rob has been to two SCFs. Giggy and Pronger have carried their teams to the SCF before. Meanwhile not a single player wearing the Sens crest has been to the big dance before. I think this could be a lot like last year, in that the Ducks are here to finish their unfinished business from 2003.

Another thing too is that Anaheim has guys who have been here before. Scott Niedermayer has three Cup rings. His brother Rob has been to two SCFs. Giggy and Pronger have carried their teams to the SCF before. Meanwhile not a single player wearing the Sens crest has been to the big dance before. I think this could be a lot like last year, in that the Ducks are here to finish their unfinished business from 2003.

I have considered this. Good points there dark_faerie87. Some in here will point out that being to the final before and the experience factor is moot.

IMHO: NO IT AIN'T!

The whole been there before baloney is just that baloney. Who ever has jitters it ends at the drop of the puck in the first game. Then its just another hockey game.

When I was playing sports I only got funky when cameras were around for tv reports. But since the Home Shopping Network gets better ratings then the Cup finals, the tv exposure shouldn't be an issue.

The whole been there before baloney is just that baloney. Who ever has jitters it ends at the drop of the puck in the first game. Then its just another hockey game.

When I was playing sports I only got funky when cameras were around for tv reports. But since the Home Shopping Network gets better ratings then the Cup finals, the tv exposure shouldn't be an issue.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's not even worth my time to bother replying other than with the maximum amount of smilies.

well I was one of the greatest high school football teams ever to play in the state of missouri.

If that means anything...

You were an entire team?

Two cents time. IMHO, this concern over lack of experience in the final could go either way. It's very true that they may take it all in stride rather effectively but it is still a significant issue worth mentioning.

On another note for those of you who like :can: and Ottawa for that reason, I advise you not to look at which team is more :can: in their roster.

:can: = DUCKS! (but not by much)

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I wouldn't mind seeing Ottawa win. It would be overstating it to say I'm rooting for them, as I'm mostly indifferent. I'm just kind of sick of seeing teams from the sunbelt win. The fact that Ottawa is in Canada has zero to do with it - the only true Canadian team I know of is Team Canada.

More than anything, I'm cheering for a long series and good hockey, to reduce the withdrawal symptoms I'll experience through the summer...

Two cents time. IMHO, this concern over lack of experience in the final could go either way. It's very true that they may take it all in stride rather effectively but it is still a significant issue worth mentioning.

On another note for those of you who like :can: and Ottawa for that reason, I advise you not to look at which team is more :can: in their roster.

:can: = DUCKS! (but not by much)

Hmm southern California over a Canadian city...... hmmmmm

I'm talking players origin. The last 2 winners were more :can:

TB and the Canes. Both teams boasted the highest :can: ratio

wow Anaheim has 7 non born Canadians on the roster.

Ottawa has 9.

Here's the difference.

Most of the Anaheim players will never live in Canada again and most become if not all American citizens.

Plus all the foreigners on the Senators are PR's of Canada most likely.

Because its a known fact that hockey players live in the cities they play in and end up staying.

Tough decision.

Two of my favorite players are in this series with Ryan Getzlaf and Mike Fisher.

I like Ottawa as a team. ALWAYS have. However I don't want the Canucks to be the only team without a Cup. Watching the Niedermayer bros winning it would be awesome too though.

I guess I'll be happy with whoever wins. :) Here's to a good enjoyable series.

OT-Anyone following the Memorial Cup?

I think Jean-Philippe Levasseur is having a blast in this year's play-off run. A couple of weeks ago the 20-year old Rouyn-Noranda Huskies goalie received a call from Ducks GM Brian Burke to join the team. Since then Levasseur has been working out with the Ducks players in the gym, and joins them for some of the on-ice practices as well, working with François Allaire.

Levasseur is a 7th round selection from Anaheim (197th overall) in the '05 draft. Last year he signed a 3 year contract with the Ducks.

Lucky kid.

Anyone following the Memorial Cup?

Yep. That Lewiston goalie, Jonathan Bernier, is one pretty good goaltender.