Official UFA Signing Thread

Mr. Nasty

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the Sharks think he can contribute and he's still having fun why not ? I'm sure JR wants to get those 5 goals to get 500. I don't think SJ is looking for the old JR to return .. I think they just brought him in for Depth and Leadership.

I bet he plays better for them this year then Mark Bell did for them last year. It's not really a stretch to do but I can see him being a good addition to the squad. And at league minimum, why not? He had every right to ask for more then that.

Erm....Jeremy Roenick has signed a $500 000, 1 year contract with the San Jose Sharks, as per TSN.

Guess he changed his mind.

Maybe they signed him to replace Marleau....just kidding.

Actually they are probably hoping he can play defense.

Not signed yet. The Red Wings invited Aaron Downey, Jassen Cullimore & Brent Sopel for training camp. Jim Dowd will attend Flyers camp & the Penguins have invited goalie Robert Esche.

source: RDS

• 2 weeks later...

Spector reports that former Montreal Canadiens winger Mike Johnson continues to practice with the St. Louis Blues while seeking out NHL contracts.

I find it surprising he couldn't find any team willing to give him a contract...

Spector reports that former Montreal Canadiens winger Mike Johnson continues to practice with the St. Louis Blues while seeking out NHL contracts.

I find it surprising he couldn't find any team willing to give him a contract...

He could but he wants a good place for his family (Canadian city)

He would have loved to stay in Montreal but not for the low amount Gainey would have offered him.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so this is not about UFA's, but wouldn't want to start a new thread for this..

rds is getting pretty nervous..

4 Québec born players on waivers..

^_^

The St. Louis Blues have signed free agent forward Mike Johnson. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Johnson had 11 goals and 30 assists in 80 games with the Canadiens last season. He has also spent time with the Coyotes, Lightning and Maple Leafs. In 640 career games Johnson has 127 goals and 243 assists.

Good for Mikey. Good player. Wish him all the best.

he just got too greedy. now he's playing for 700k and feels really fortunate to do so.

How did he get greedy? All he wanted was a long-term (3 years) deal so he could settle his kids into school. It's not like he wanted a pay increase, he was ready to take a pay-cut, a significant one too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...