Nesquik's Blame Saku Thread

Nesquik

Koivu sucks. Oh no, did I say Koivu sucks? Yes I did say Koivu freaking sucks. He has been with the habs for how many years now? 10? And what good did he every bring the team. I just feel that people have pity for Koivu because he has cancer, I don't care if he goes to the hospital for children, I don't care if he is a good man, this is HOCKEY, I don't care what he does other then Hockey! When it comes to Hockey he's horrible, when it comes to getting points he's horrible, when it comes to being a captain he's more horrible, the guy doesn't ever deserve an A on his shirt. Koivu is just some sort of role model. To show the other teams that we have a hockey player that plays with heart and had cancer, I do not care, it's not an excuse for him to get all these things. Mario Lemieux was a great player, but do we remember Lemieux for having cancer? No we remember Lemieux for the great hockey player he was, we remember Koivu for fighting cancer cause that's all we got coming out from him.

Edited by Nesquik

When it comes to Hockey he's horrible, when it comes to getting points he's horrible, when it comes to being a captain he's more horrible, the guy doesn't ever deserve an A on his shirt.
I don't know what you base this opinion on. I think Koivu's a very good player. Not the best in the league but still very good.

To show the other teams that we have a hockey player that plays with heart and had cancer, I do not care, it's not an excuse for him to get all these things. Mario Lemieux was a great player, but do we remember Lemieux for having cancer? No we remember Lemieux for the great hockey player he was, we remember Koivu for fighting cancer cause that's all we got coming out from him.
Hey, settle down Beavis.

Do you feel better now? Got your ego all nice and pumped up? :rolleyes:

Is Koivu a bonafide superstar? No. Do people regularly go around claiming he is one? No. Is Koivu a damn good player anyways? Certainly. Does Koivu put up points? He isn't the prolific scorer he could have been (thanks to numerous injuries), but he's good for 70 points a season. Is he horrible at hockey? Definitely not. He's a proven NHLer and hell of a lot better than you'll ever be. Is he a terrible leader? While I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, he leads by example and is a warrior on the ice. He's especially clutch in big games. I really like Koivu, he's one of my favourite players in the game. I think it's really gutless of you to come onto an internet forum and flog a player like the way you just did. You didn't prove anything about Koivu, but I think you really said something important about yourself as a person.

I really like Koivu, he's one of my favourite players in the game.
You wouldn't be saying that if he was Swedish. :P

;) Na, just kidding. I like him too, despite the fact that his Finnish.

Koivu sucks. Oh no, did I say Koivu sucks? Yes I did say Koivu freaking sucks. He has been with the habs for how many years now? 10? And what good did he every bring the team. I just feel that people have pity for Koivu because he has cancer, I don't care if he goes to the hospital for children, I don't care if he is a good man, this is HOCKEY, I don't care what he does other then Hockey! When it comes to Hockey he's horrible, when it comes to getting points he's horrible, when it comes to being a captain he's more horrible, the guy doesn't ever deserve an A on his shirt. Koivu is just some sort of role model. To show the other teams that we have a hockey player that plays with heart and had cancer, I do not care, it's not an excuse for him to get all these things. Mario Lemieux was a great player, but do we remember Lemieux for having cancer? No we remember Lemieux for the great hockey player he was, we remember Koivu for fighting cancer cause that's all we got coming out from him.

This is actually the most ridiculous post I have read on HW while being a member. He is horrible at hockey? I know it's been a long summer but the draft is just a few days away.

Just curious Nesquik ... If Koivu scored 40 goals and had 100 points last season he'd be a "superstar" , worthy of being captian and $5mil a season right ? but if he came out and said that the Habs sucked and he hated French people and Canada for that matter you'd be ok with that right ?? because all you care about it how well he plays hockey right ?

I think something to keep in mind when talking about Lemieux, Gretzky, M. Jordan they had all future hall of famers on the team with them. Is there anyone on the Habs right now that is a future hall of famers helping Saku out.

It would help a little if we had Ron Francis and Jagr in their prime on this team just a little.

or maybe Mark Messier? Paul Coffey?

Just curious Nesquik ... If Koivu scored 40 goals and had 100 points last season he'd be a "superstar" , worthy of being captian and $5mil a season right ? but if he came out and said that the Habs sucked and he hated French people and Canada for that matter you'd be ok with that right ?? because all you care about it how well he plays hockey right ?

Actually I wouldn't mind, this is hockey, it isn't a reality show, but what I would be happy about him saying that is that it would probably make him leave the team. It really make me laugh that you blame the team for Koivu's low points and not Koivu himself.

Edited by Nesquik

Koivu doesn't produce like a $4.75M player should (though times are changing and that's no longer the case) but he's one of the best players on the team so don't say he's horrible at hockey.

Actually I wouldn't mind, this is hockey, it isn't a reality show, but what I would be happy about him saying that is that it would probably make him leave the team. It really make me laugh that you blame the team for Koivu's low points and not Koivu himself.

so wait if he scores a 100 points like you want and says something negative that would throw him off the team you'd be happy ?

And I never said I blamed the team for his low point total. Which I feel isn't that low anyways. he's a 2nd line center playing on a team without a 1st line center.

Is he seriously in the Hall of Fame?

not yet, but he was named one of the 50 greatest players by the NBA, so he'll probably get there eventually

I'd also argue that while not HOF material, Rodman was, in his day, elite.

Probably one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read as a member on this board, and that's saying alot.

Koivu isn't our first line centre, who is going to score every game, and be our saviour. He is what he is, a very solid second line centre who is good for 70 points if he plays around 80 games. GET OVER IT. He has leadership skills, and he goes hard, and that's why he wears the C. Not every captain can be Jean Beliveau, but Saku is extremely courageous on and off the ice and just because you want him to be a top 10 player in the NHL doesn't mean he has to be or is...as i said, he is what he is, a good second line centre with very good leadership skills and this team is lost without their captain.

You don't wear the "C" because you score 100 points a season, it's way more about the personality and leadership qualities of the person over everything. It's not Saku's fault that he's thrown out there first line and everyone expects him to steal the show, Bob needs to find the true first line centre (Marleau) to take some pressure of Saku and that'll help.

You probably haven't played on a hockey team before to realise what the true characteristics and values of the captain of the team really is.

Ridiculous. Koivu's not the best player in the league, and we've never said he was. But he plays well, he plays with fire and heart and though you seem to deny it, he puts up points. He's consistently good for over 60 points if he's playing a full season. Yes, he's injury prone, but actually, since his cancer, he's missed a very low %age of games to injury, despite suffering a horrific injury to his eye. If you don't like Koivu the hockey player, fine, (even though he's only 28 points /season off your magic total of a 100, better than anyone else we have) but to shoot down his fight with a life threatening illness is just classless. And don't blame him for the fact that he's played with a not-great team for the majority of his career.