Fanpuck's 2007 Draft Thread

Fanpuck33

freezing the puck is done when the puck is in the corner and you need a stoppage of play. Its really goofy looking, looks like a ruby scrum on skates.

Based on the picture, one might also go with the literal meaning of freezing the puck. Game pucks are put in a freezer and kept in a cooler at the scorers box. This is one to prevent the rubber puck from bouncing a lot.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I mixed up the order I got the autographs. Alzner was the second guy in the line and he was the one who mentioned my playoff beard. He even leaned over to point it out to VanRiemsdyk, haha.

Hahaha, thats pretty cool. So is there any draft related events happening tonight or is it just waiting for the first round now?

I'm so envious. I should've gone when it was here in 2000 but my dad didn't want to.

Hahaha, thats pretty cool. So is there any draft related events happening tonight or is it just waiting for the first round now?

I'm so envious. I should've gone when it was here in 2000 but my dad didn't want to.

They had a one hour children's clinic that was open to the public that was gonna feature the same prospects from last night and a few Jackets. It was held in the practice facility, though, so I decided not to go on account of the fact that it was gonna be packed. Tomorrow before the draft there's a big party outside of the arena. Yellowcard is performing, the NHL trophies will be on display, a lot of interactive games and such. Rick Nash is also gonna have an autograph session, so I'm excited about that. They're also doing an NHL 07 competition where people get to play against Pascal LeClaire for prizes. Unfortunately, it seems the only way to be chosen was to call in during a radio show, and I can't figure out when it is. They also mention food, pop, and beer, it'd be awesome if some of that stuff is free.

They had a one hour children's clinic that was open to the public that was gonna feature the same prospects from last night and a few Jackets. It was held in the practice facility, though, so I decided not to go on account of the fact that it was gonna be packed. Tomorrow before the draft there's a big party outside of the arena. Yellowcard is performing, the NHL trophies will be on display, a lot of interactive games and such. Rick Nash is also gonna have an autograph session, so I'm excited about that. They're also doing an NHL 07 competition where people get to play against Pascal LeClaire for prizes. Unfortunately, it seems the only way to be chosen was to call in during a radio show, and I can't figure out when it is. They also mention food, pop, and beer, it'd be awesome if some of that stuff is free.

Damn you Fan! :angry:

Seriously, sounds like a wicked time! Enjoy yourself man, look forward to hearing about your experiences.

NBA is different its on prime time tv unless this on prime time tv then okay.

Honestly I don't. I don't live in Canada yet, don't know anything about the prospects because I'm living in an anti-hockey country.

man you got 7672 freakin' posts and don't know about Couture, Esposito, Baklund, etc :wacko:

They're all in the quote.

Gosh your picky. Freezing the puck in the corners.

Well, I think there's a significant difference between "tying up the puck along the boards" and "the goalie freezing (covering up) the puck in the crease," but maybe that's just me.

Man, I wish I had gone last year. Although the whole taking the ferry to Vancouver and then back again wasn't all that appealing.

My mother's brother's wife's sister's son.

Is he Jewish? :wub:

oye

your uncle's wife's who's sister has a son is getting married? Why are you going your not related?

You can only go to a wedding if you're related to someone? :wacko:

I've been to six weddings (that I can remember) and three of them were people I wasn't related to. I've also caught the garter belt thingie twice.

Well, I think there's a significant difference between "tying up the puck along the boards" and "the goalie freezing (covering up) the puck in the crease," but maybe that's just me.

If a guy falls in the scrum along the boards and puts his hand on it, thats freezing the puck.

Otherwise you're right.

Man, I wish I had gone last year. Although the whole taking the ferry to Vancouver and then back again wasn't all that appealing.

You can only go to a wedding if you're related to someone? :wacko:

I've been to six weddings (that I can remember) and three of them were people I wasn't related to. I've also caught the garter belt thingie twice.

Wasn't thinking at the moment. It just sounded like he was going because he was forced to or something. Completely forgot about friends weddings. lol

oye

your uncle's wife's who's sister has a son is getting married? Why are you going your not related?

Because I had to.

Very.

Is that Alzner or Plante beside Leclaire? The face is at a weird angle, pretty sure it's Alzner though.

Haha, nevermind, just noticed the A on the sweater. It's Alzner. GOOOOOO ALZNER!

Hahahahaha. I only looked at the number on the sleeve and was wondering who was wearing Manny Malhotra's jersey. I didn't even notice the front was black instead of navy blue.

Hahahahaha. I only looked at the number on the sleeve and was wondering who was wearing Manny Malhotra's jersey. I didn't even notice the front was black instead of navy blue.

I only noticed because I was staring in awe of how ugly Leclaire is, haha. Noticied to the left that it was the Hitman logo and not the Blue Jackets.

The night started out bad, as apparently Nash was only signing 200 autographs and we were 203rd and 204th in line. So instead we watched Pascal LeClaire take on some fans in NHL 07, wishing it was us, because we could have owned him. The Yellowcard concert was awesome, they even played a couple songs from their new album live for the first time. The draft itself was kinda lame. No big deals going on and I only knew maybe 10-15 names and next to nothing about them. Some fans around me could see the disappointment on my face when we passed on Esposito. I was very proud that the fans were smart enough to boo Bettman, but they also booed pretty much every team that drafted, which was lame.

I found out my camera sucked and I couldn't get enough light in any pictures, but I did take videos of the picks. I'm in the process of finding somewhere to upload them, will probably use Google video. Might not have much loaded tonight, since I'll be waking up early to get autographs. This time I'll be getting there nice and early.

The night started out bad, as apparently Nash was only signing 200 autographs and we were 203rd and 204th in line. So instead we watched Pascal LeClaire take on some fans in NHL 07, wishing it was us, because we could have owned him. The Yellowcard concert was awesome, they even played a couple songs from their new album live for the first time. The draft itself was kinda lame. No big deals going on and I only knew maybe 10-15 names and next to nothing about them. Some fans around me could see the disappointment on my face when we passed on Esposito. I was very proud that the fans were smart enough to boo Bettman, but they also booed pretty much every team that drafted, which was lame.

I found out my camera sucked and I couldn't get enough light in any pictures, but I did take videos of the picks. I'm in the process of finding somewhere to upload them, will probably use Google video. Might not have much loaded tonight, since I'll be waking up early to get autographs. This time I'll be getting there nice and early.

Cool! Better luck tomorrow for the pics!

Didn't the crowd booed Habs 1st pick when they realized he is going to play for UofM? hehe

Cool! Better luck tomorrow for the pics!

Didn't the crowd booed Habs 1st pick when they realized he is going to play for UofM? hehe

Haha, I was too busy concentrating on my video to hear that. I thought they were just booing because Timmins was speaking in French, lol.

Also, about Nash, we likely would have been there on time had we gone straight to the line and if my buddy had been ready to go when I picked him up, instead of needing to shower, loser. Haha.

Oh yeah, I was interviewed by local TV but I don't think I got on. They asked if I was from out of town and when I said I wasn't, the guy was like, "Well, we'll talk to you anyways." I'm pretty they only talked to me so they didn't seem like jerks for not talking to me since I was local, haha. Plus I kinda cracked on Columbus, saying I was amazed that hockey took root here.

Habs Draft McDonagh

McDonagh Dons the Jersey

Habs Draft Pacioretty

My Pics, most are of the concert since the lighting was good

Yellowcard1

Yellowcard2

Yellowcard3, new song I think

Yellowcard4, new song

Sweet, they did Breathing. Pretty much my favorite Yellowcard song.

I figured Bettman was up before every pick, hence the booing. Kind of weird if they booing each specific team. :wacko:

Yeah, they gave him a good boo when he first came out, so I don't think they were booing him each time he spoke. I don't think that much of Columbus fans, so I assume the worst of them, haha.

Yeah, they gave him a good boo when he first came out, so I don't think they were booing him each time he spoke. I don't think that much of Columbus fans, so I assume the worst of them, haha.

That was awesome to see on TV.

"Hello Colum-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

And that concludes the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

Interesting draft. The Habs had a good first round IMO.