CBC to shuffle Cole and Neale to secondary role

InsaneHABSfan

Finally, the T-DOT Turds are thrown in the waste bin and the Lowly Leafs will give up airtime to a real team, MONTREAL!

---------------------------------

Changes to Hockey Night in Canada will come sooner than later, according to insiders, the biggest of which will involve announcer Jim Hughson and analyst Greg Millen taking over as the top play-by-play team....... more at the link

WebLink

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto.../TPStory/Sports

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

About time indeed. They're finally getting the picture that Toronto doesn't 'sell' outside of Toronto. Especially when the team is horrible.

Uneducated statement to say the least ......................... what are your experiences with the Leafs "selling" outside of Toronto? Try living in Ontario as a Habs fan and we are overrun by dick-licking Leaf lovers EVERYWHERE and I had to purchase RDS to see Habs games. "Toronto doesn't 'sell' outside of Ontario" may have been a more accurate statement.

B)-->

QUOTE(David B @ Jun 22 2007, 10:10 PM) 224557[/snapback]
Uneducated statement to say the least ......................... what are your experiences with the Leafs "selling" outside of Toronto? Try living in Ontario as a Habs fan and we are overrun by dick-licking Leaf lovers EVERYWHERE and I had to purchase RDS to see Habs games. "Toronto doesn't 'sell' outside of Ontario" may have been a more accurate statement.

To a CBC or overall tv exec Toronto is Ontario. Much like the US tv folks only care about NY and LA

About time indeed. They're finally getting the picture that Toronto doesn't 'sell' outside of Toronto. Especially when the team is horrible.

Toronto makes more revenue off of merchandise then any other team in the league. Somehow I don't think thats all limited to the city of Toronto buying their crap.

I bet you theres just as many Leaf fans as Flames fans in this city. And before 2004, there was probably MORE Leafs fans then Flames fans.

Toronto makes more revenue off of merchandise then any other team in the league. Somehow I don't think thats all limited to the city of Toronto buying their crap.

I bet you theres just as many Leaf fans as Flames fans in this city. And before 2004, there was probably MORE Leafs fans then Flames fans.

I would bet your right. Leafs sell everwhere they are the most popular team in Canada.

B)-->

QUOTE(David B @ Jun 22 2007, 08:10 PM) 224557[/snapback]

I disagree with that. There's probably just as many Leaf fans in BC as there are Vancouver fans. As a matter of fact, the majority of BCers cheer for both teams.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David B @ Jun 22 2007, 08:10 PM) 224557[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Uneducated statement to say the least ......................... what are your experiences with the Leafs "selling" outside of Toronto? Try living in Ontario as a Habs fan and we are overrun by dick-licking Leaf lovers EVERYWHERE and I had to purchase RDS to see Habs games. "Toronto doesn't 'sell' outside of Ontario" may have been a more accurate statement.

I disagree with that. There's probably just as many Leaf fans in BC as there are Vancouver fans. As a matter of fact, the majority of BCers cheer for both teams.

A ton of Habs fans in BC as well.

Yeah, but we're badly outnumbered. :unsure:

we were a big flock last time the Habs were in town! never seen so many Habs jerseys! We might be outnumbered but not overwhelmingly!

we were a big flock last time the Habs were in town! never seen so many Habs jerseys! We might be outnumbered but not overwhelmingly!

Argh, I could've have gone to that game, but it was in the middle of the week and I had school the next day. :(

But seriously, I could count the number of Habs fans I know on my two hands. I don't even want to try counting the number of Toronto fans I know. :wacko:

There's probably just as many Leaf fans in BC as there are Vancouver fans. As a matter of fact, the majority of BCers cheer for both teams.

That's what I had figured but unlike Pierre I wasn't going to state it unless I knew it for sure. :lol:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David B @ Jun 22 2007, 08:10 PM) 224557[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Uneducated statement to say the least ......................... what are your experiences with the Leafs "selling" outside of Toronto? Try living in Ontario as a Habs fan and we are overrun by dick-licking Leaf lovers EVERYWHERE and I had to purchase RDS to see Habs games. "Toronto doesn't 'sell' outside of Ontario" may have been a more accurate statement.

Really? I always thought Canucks and Leafs fans hated each other for no apparent reason. They have some really odd rivalry.

B)-->

QUOTE(David B @ Jun 23 2007, 08:39 AM) 224675[/snapback]
That's what I had figured but unlike Pierre I wasn't going to state it unless I knew it for sure. :lol:

Haha, yeah.

1) I know way more Leafs fans then Flames fans.

2) I went to a Leafs game back during the drought. Stands were pretty much blue.

I swear, they're like a plague.

Argh, I could've have gone to that game, but it was in the middle of the week and I had school the next day. :(

But seriously, I could count the number of Habs fans I know on my two hands. I don't even want to try counting the number of Toronto fans I know. :wacko:

That is because you hang out with the wrong crowd.

There are more leaf fans in Canada then habs fans. I am not sure why that is surprising. The CBC has been cultivating the Leafs as the national team for the last 15 years. Most young people only see the Habs or Ottawa when they play the Leafs. 25 years ago the Habs were definitely the number one team (not surprising after the success they had in the 70s), but outside of Quebec, you have to go out of your way to see them now.

I have long been against the CBC policy of focusing on Toronto as short sited and not in compliance with their mandate to represent all of Canada. If they showed all Canadian teams equally, in 5 years there would be more "Hockey fans" as opposed to just "leaf fans". Then when Ottawa or Edmonton are in the playoffs, their ratings would not tank.

There are more leaf fans in Canada then habs fans. I am not sure why that is surprising. The CBC has been cultivating the Leafs as the national team for the last 15 years. Most young people only see the Habs or Ottawa when they play the Leafs. 25 years ago the Habs were definitely the number one team (not surprising after the success they had in the 70s), but outside of Quebec, you have to go out of your way to see them now.

I have long been against the CBC policy of focusing on Toronto as short sited and not in compliance with their mandate to represent all of Canada. If they showed all Canadian teams equally, in 5 years there would be more "Hockey fans" as opposed to just "leaf fans". Then when Ottawa or Edmonton are in the playoffs, their ratings would not tank.

Nicely summed up! I have customers that know nothing about hockey yet toot their car horns with a leaf playoff round victory.

What does everyone think of Houston for the regular broadcast? I like how he calls a game as no HOMERISM and exciting play calling. Now if Dinosaur Cherry and his squeeky clean sidekick can get booted I might actually watch a CBC Leaf game.....

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Really? I always thought Canucks and Leafs fans hated each other for no apparent reason. They have some really odd rivalry.

One of my best friends is a Leaf fan. :lol:

As for the odd rivalry..... it's a battle between two fanbases which have a ton of fairweather fans. Some Canucks fans make me sick.

It looks like we're going to lose Hughson which is going to suck. He actually lives just down the street from me.

I truly like Jim Hugheson's voice ever since playing the NHL games on computer, but i'm just a little disappointed that Chris Cuthbert did not get the cut and move up to the main game. I can't think of any other play-by-play man with a better enthusiasm and who's just as damn good as him.

One of my best friends is a Leaf fan. :lol:

As for the odd rivalry..... it's a battle between two fanbases which have a ton of fairweather fans. Some Canucks fans make me sick.

It looks like we're going to lose Hughson which is going to suck. He actually lives just down the street from me.

Ding ding! What do we have for 'im Johnny? :lol:

But yeah, I find that lots of BCers cheer for the Leafs because the 'Nucks either weren't around or were just a fledgling team when they were younger and have stuck with them even after adopting Vancouver as a hometown team. Then all these Leaf fans had kids and now their kids are Leaf fans too.