Jeremy Roenick retires

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2925920

Don't know where he'd go. NBC is pretty full on the broadcasts.

Basically at this point NBC needs a controversial figure to make controversial statements in order to increase viewers.

Basically do what Charles Barkley did for TNT. I watch TNT basketball just for Barkley and not really the games. Much like Cherry for the CBC.

Dancing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TAdOTq3VsfY

I know you may hate him on the ice but Fanpuck33, I'm sure you love this. :clap:

Some memories that involve JR that are funny come from other places :D

Singing

Top 10 TSN

Cheers JR. We'll miss you out there. Chicago was his best. Lethal player in his day. :clap:

What a nut :blink:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

what was the context behind this? he's been sent out of the game and making a show???

Its Roenick, sorta like my PTG persona. Who knows what he's going to do. He's known for random acts :lol:

*site crashed right when I was posting hence the double post*

Edit: lol, if you edited this post to acknowledge the double post, why didn't you delete the doubled part? haha

Edited by Fanpuck33

Hahaha, this was during the annual Avs/Kings game in Vegas during the pre-season a couple seasons ago.

Some memories that involve JR that are funny come from other places :D

Top 5 for favorite hockey moments right here. Jeremy got owned hard there, haha.

Look out TSN, you will have your hands full with JR; running the show! Good Luck; and Good Bye!

what was the context behind this? he's been sent out of the game and making a show???

I was at that game ... here's the senario .... The game was in Las Vegas , in and arena that's inside a hotel ( MGM Grand arena ), it's a pre-season game and the glass just popped out of place. Unfortunatly the people that maintain the rink didn't have a great time replacing the glass ... it took forever ... all the players were just standing around ... Roenick went over to the glass to help and people started cheering ... The rink then started playing " Stayin Alive " by the Beegees and Roenick started shaking his tail over by the glass ... so everyone started to cheer louder and basically this happened

Roenick + boredom + " Stayin Alive " = Dancing video :lol:

Roenick was an awesome player ... it's just unfortunate that he wasn't able to play to his early year level near the end ... he was a pure sniper back in Chicago and a player that would love to hit.

As a player, I was never a fan. As an announcer, he's hilarious.

same here.

Ditto for the most part. I disliked him as a player for along time. JR was always scoring key goals against Canadian teams in the playoffs or against Team Canada in World competitions. :angry:

JR as a person though I find its hard to not like the guy. During the lockout he was always making the best comments, that were always right to the point, never sugar coats anything.

JR is definitely hilarious. Not sure why this hasnt been said here yet, but I heard on TV that JR actually wrote to Philidelphia newspaper and said who he was and said he was retiring and asked if that was still news. :P

I can personally answer that question. I was actually at that game aswell, and if that video was a bit clearer, you could see me in that corner. I was in the 3rd or 4th row . It was an exhibition game they do every year between Kings & Avs in Vegas known as Frozen Fury. I think that particular 1 was Frozen Fury 5. In that clip, it looks like JR is standing in front of an exit door, but he isnt. It is a door that just went into the crowd. The reason it was opn isbecause the glass above it popped off of its track, and nobody knew how to fix it, so they actually had to open that door and take the entire piece out to put the glass back in. The crowd was starting to get restless, so JR decided to entertain the crowd by doing a dance. :lol:

CaliHabsFan, if you thought it took them a long time to fix the glass, you should have heard how long it took for the refs to hear me screaming at them to fix it. I beleive it was Svatos who finally heard me and alerted the reffs. :D

JR is definitely hilarious. Not sure why this hasnt been said here yet, but I heard on TV that JR actually wrote to Philidelphia newspaper and said who he was and said he was retiring and asked if that was still news. :P

Haha, I didn't read the article that PTG posted, so I just heard how he retired. He sent a text message to a Philly newspaper that read, "I'm retiring, is that still news?" Hahahahaha.

:ninja:

you have to appreciate Roenick insofar as he is one of the few guys who had both the chutzpah and the gregarious likability to be able to go on ESPN and call out the network for their hockey coverage (although the how and why of the lacklustre coverage is better left to another thread). If anybody can find Roenick's last interview on PTI, it is worth a watch.