Gorges Signed

JMMR

No, i'm sure it was an nhl contract just like in San Jose. It's a good signing, i would like to see him get a real chance to play some minutes. It can't get any worse defensively that's for sure.

I think all players had until the 15th to accept their qualifying offers, so I'm sure we'll hear some other players are signed as well. Guys like Danis, Locke, Milroy, Archer, & Ferland...

No, i'm sure it was an nhl contract just like in San Jose. It's a good signing, i would like to see him get a real chance to play some minutes. It can't get any worse defensively that's for sure.

I second that emotion. I couldn't understand getting this guy and then just having him rot on the bench or the press box. Let's SEE if he has the good or not, for heaven's sake.

I second that emotion. I couldn't understand getting this guy and then just having him rot on the bench or the press box. Let's SEE if he has the good or not, for heaven's sake.

I third it. I hope they PLAY him and give him a chance...

Finally, some media confirmation. Not that I suspected it wasn't true, JMMR, because this news was about as surprising as my drive to work this morning.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/232986.html

Gorges, Cote, Archer, Danis, Locke, and Milroy all signed, I'm assuming just their qualifying offers.

Only Ryder and Ferland are still RFA's. Wonder what the deal is with Ferland.

Edited by saskhab

I'm glad they locked Gorges up for another year. If nothing else he can be a valuable depth player.

The kid has a great junior career but I'm not sure thats translated into his NHL career. Defensemen take a bit longer to develop and he has loads of potential. For now he makes a good 6/7/8th D-man. Good depth and value.

If Gorges improved his skating and bulked up this summer, watch out. He'll be a solid and underrated addition.

People tend to forget this guy likes to block shots and the type of guy you want on the PK.

I don't know too many NHL players who'd try blocking a shot by diving head first...

img10036234.jpg

If Gorges improved his skating and bulked up this summer, watch out. He'll be a solid and underrated addition.

People tend to forget this guy likes to block shots and the type of guy you want on the PK.

I don't know too many NHL players who'd try blocking a shot by diving head first...

Danny Markov maybe?? :D