Carey Price's jersey number!

MK19

He wore #29 for the Bulldogs...Grabovski wore #31

Not sure if that will translate to the NHL, but there ya go.

I think Grabovski wore #59 in his 2 game stint with Montreal last season.

We know it isn't going to be 29 or 1 like he wore with the Bulldogs and team Canada repectively.

31 or Plekanec's old 35 are my bet...but he likely won't make the habs this year...they keep saying he is going to be the number one wherever he lands and I can't see them trading Huet right now.

We know it isn't going to be 29 or 1 like he wore with the Bulldogs and team Canada repectively.

31 or Plekanec's old 35 are my bet...but he likely won't make the habs this year...they keep saying he is going to be the number one wherever he lands and I can't see them trading Huet right now.

Plekanec's old 35? Is he changing numbers?

Plekanec's old 35? Is he changing numbers?

Yep, Plekanec changed to his old familiar #14 that he wears for the Czechs and wore with the Bulldogs. Price was assigned #31 from the first time he took to the ice in the development camp in 2005, he'll keep that number for the foreseeable future (same goes for Chipchura and #28 - they got "real numbers" from day one).

Can he wear 00???

he could say it represents his goals against average :bow:

No at one point it was allowed because Belfour wore it before but that number can NOT be worn in the NHL.

No at one point it was allowed because Belfour wore it before but that number can NOT be worn in the NHL.

remember neil sheehy ??

No who is that?

Neil Sheehy was some scrub on the Flames in the 80s. I think he played with the Whalers as well.

He wore 00. But I think it is now banned in the NHL. I may be wrong. He is the last player I remember wearing it.

I don't recall Belfour ever wearing 00. I know he had to ask the NHL permission to use 20 in honour of Tretiak when he was with the Sharks. But he wore 30 before that as far as I know.

Martin Biron wore 00 when he was called up by Buffalo from the QMJHL for his NHL debut. I think he was the last guy to wear it. I don't know why it was banned or when it was, but it was sometime in the late '90s.