Kovalev Crashes Motorcycle

Habsfan24

070821kovalev-alex-moto_n.jpg

(Alex Kovalev, en compagnie du maire de Grande-Rivière, peu avant l'accident)

Looks happy on the bike, now he has to pay for it. :hockey:

i don't think that will bother him much !!

:lol:

hmm sounds like more of an embarrassment then 'oh no hope he's okay'.

I interpret it like an episode of 'My Name Is Earl'. Kovalev was going there to do a good deed, meet a big fan of his in person, do the things we all want athletes to do. Then he got selfish and asked to go for a joyride on the mayor's motorcycle. He crashed it.

Obviously Kovalev has so much bad karma built up that he has to do a ton of good deeds to make up for it, and any deviation from that path will bite him in the ass. :lol:

My friend told me tonight he did...and I was like stop messing around with me...then I came on here the second i got home...I am just glad hes alright...he is a major asset to us.....STAY OFF THE DAMN BIKES AND STAY AWAY FROM FLYING KOVY!

In all seriousness, I really do hope he is all right. His health being the first priority as I take no pleasure in any persons pain.

Secondly I hope this wakes him up not to think the world owes him anything. Being an overpaid athlete (Not just Kovalev, all NBA,NFL,NHL,MLB players) he should take his job seriously and have fun. When he had a smile on his face playing for the Rangers he was DYNAMITE, and that is what habs fans are waiting for. He may not be as fast, however he still has moves.

My friend told me tonight he did...and I was like stop messing around with me...then I came on here the second i got home...I am just glad hes alright...he is a major asset to us.....STAY OFF THE DAMN BIKES AND STAY AWAY FROM FLYING KOVY!

He loves flying maybe as much as playing hockey. It'll only hurt his game.

Yes, i hear you Kovalev (my computer doesn't make those strange symbols, i assume they are russian).

Anyway, It is really hard to find an 18 goal a year player and pay him 4 mill. What makes this guy so valuable?

Yes, i hear you Kovalev (my computer doesn't make those strange symbols, i assume they are russian).

Anyway, It is really hard to find an 18 goal a year player and pay him 4 mill. What makes this guy so valuable?

The fact that when he does show up, the game is ours. It's not smart to build a team around a guy like that but he's useful as a complementary player. Isn't worth all the money he's getting but that's what you have to pay for a big name UFA.

The fact that when he does show up, the game is ours. It's not smart to build a team around a guy like that but he's useful as a complementary player. Isn't worth all the money he's getting but that's what you have to pay for a big name UFA.

Kovalev wouldn't get $4.5m now... and a $4.5m contract signed in 2005 offseason is worth around $5.5m in today's marketplace, BTW.

I think he'd get $3-$3.5m on the open market right now, and a short term deal.

Kovalev wouldn't get $4.5m now... and a $4.5m contract signed in 2005 offseason is worth around $5.5m in today's marketplace, BTW.

I think he'd get $3-$3.5m on the open market right now, and a short term deal.

But when we signed him he wasn't coming off of such a bad season and the move was also needed to show that we were a serious team and not a constant rebuilder. At the time, Gainey paid market value and aside for last year, the move has paid off. Also, as UFA prices go up, Kovalev looks less and less overpaid.

But when we signed him he wasn't coming off of such a bad season and the move was also needed to show that we were a serious team and not a constant rebuilder. At the time, Gainey paid market value and aside for last year, the move has paid off. Also, as UFA prices go up, Kovalev looks less and less overpaid.

I'm arguing that he still looks overpaid despite the rising salary range. I'm not saying he overpaid at the time of the signing (Satan signed the same deal I think). I'm just saying his value has dropped quite a bit. He still has 2 years to regain it.

Believe me, I'm not really mad at that signing.

well then you're saying the exact same thing I have been all along...

"Isn't worth all the money he's getting but that's what you have to pay for a big name UFA."

I rather enjoy Kovy's moody demeanour, the sense of his being an idiot savant of some kind. It's entertaining to have these sort of gifted nutters on your team. (He's like a more impressive version of that idiot Stephane Richer - remember when Richer publicly picked the Devils to win the Cup, then found himself playing against them in the playoffs a few days later? :lol: ) But obviously such moodiness makes for erratic on-ice performance. However, we should remember, we're 1 for 2 with Kovy - he gave us a very good, nearly PPG season in 2005-06. What I can't believe is that, with enough journalists around the Habs to populate the dethawing Arctic, not one has done a thorough investigation into the question of Kovy's health, and whether he's damaged goods. Injuries, more than neurosis, are the most plausible explanation of his disastrous season to me.