Carbo messed up against Toronto

markierung

1. Carbo doesn't play Koivu on the Power Play in overtime.

I don't get it. The team's best playmaker not on the ice in the most important time of the game. Carbo plays two winger.

2.He keeps streit on for the full two minutes.

I love streit but isn't experienced enough or dominant enough to play a full powerplay. You saw that at the end he was letting the puck jump over his stick, and still carbo kept him in.

3. He puts bouillon on the penalty kill in overtime?

BOUILLON? the guy hasn't played well since before the lockout and you reward him by playing in overtime? Why not play Komisarek?

I like carbo and i know he's a young coach. But these are really bonehead decisions.

Edited by markierung

I don't get it. The team's best playmaker not on the ice in the most important time of the game. Carbo plays two winger.

I love streit but isn't experienced enough or dominant enough to play a full powerplay. You saw that at the end he was letting the puck jump over his stick, and still carbo kept him in.

BOUILLON? the guy hasn't played well since before the lockout and you reward him by playing in overtime? Why not play Komisarek?

I like carbo and i know he's a young coach. But these are really bonehead decisions.

Carbonneau won't finish the season as a coach in Montreal.

I don't buy the "rookie mistakes" BS that everyone spews out in his defense.

The man played in the NHL for 19 years...he was an assistant coach for a year and a half with the Habs.... he knows the NHL game inside and out, there are no excuses.

Bone head decisions are too many to be ignored, and he needs to go....soon.

I don't think Gainey will fire his long time friend, so lets hope Gillett has someone with hockey knowledge whispering in his ear.

Your topic title is "Carbo messed up against Carolina", don't you mean Toronto?

Anyways. I think Carbo is doing alright, you ask any coach and they will say itis hard to coach a young team, with hardly any verterans.

Your topic title is "Carbo messed up against Carolina", don't you mean Toronto?

Anyways. I think Carbo is doing alright, you ask any coach and they will tell you it isn't easy to coach a young team, with hardly any verterans, especially as a young coach surrounded by the Montreal Media.

ya toronto, sry about that.

but young players or not, he's the one who decided to leave koivu off the ice. He's the one who's making the mistakes.

and just to add to the weird moves,

i can't understand why he would abandon Plekanec with Lats and Kostopoulous

Bouillon's penalty was bullshit. The powerplay was fine, Kovy hit the crossbar, Streit did well on the PP, it was Brisebois that couldn't keep the puck in. Plekanec hit is on the third line. F*ck this board is crazy with overanalysis after 2 games!

i can't understand why he would abandon Plekanec with Lats and Kostopoulous

Carbo wants Chips to play on 3rd line with Kosto and Lats to make a defensive checking line against Crosby's line.

Also, Chips on 2nd with Kovy and AK46 wouldn't be good, that isn't Chips style of hockey.

Plecs will be a nice improvment to our second line. I have a feeling that line will do great, and if it does, then you can say bye bye Grabs.

:ghg:

Bouillon's penalty was bullshit. The powerplay was fine, Kovy hit the crossbar, Streit did well on the PP, it was Brisebois that couldn't keep the puck in. Plekanec hit is on the third line. F*ck this board is crazy with overanalysis after 2 games!

True. It looks just like 110% !

Carbonneau won't finish the season as a coach in Montreal.

I don't buy the "rookie mistakes" BS that everyone spews out in his defense.

The man played in the NHL for 19 years...he was an assistant coach for a year and a half with the Habs.... he knows the NHL game inside and out, there are no excuses.

Bone head decisions are too many to be ignored, and he needs to go....soon.

I don't think Gainey will fire his long time friend, so lets hope Gillett has someone with hockey knowledge whispering in his ear.

THANK YOU!!! You're the only other person who agrees with me. I have been saying this since he screwed Perezhogin and Kosty over last season. The guy has some issues and major brain farts. I hope we can replace him with someone of value and not some other teams hand me down coach but who knows.

The tide is turning, you're running out of excuses Carbo.

The criticism for Carbo is a bit harsh, after only 2 games. I'm not sure exactly what people are expecting, but it's too much.

Carbo didn't play Koivu on the PP on OT because he was in the penalty box. Carbo can't be expected to smuggle Koivu out of the box and dress him in Pleks' jersey... not without advance warning.

Maybe this is too long for Streit, but this isn't a great error. Pucks can bounce over anyone's stick. It's impossible to say that this happened due to fatigue. Streit's got a bomb from the point, and in that regard, it made sense for Streit to stay out there.

A questionable move, but consider that Streit DID play 2 mins prior to that, and Komisarek was in the box. That leaves 4 D (if you don't include Dandenault). Carbo split up his pairs (Markov with Bouillon and Hamrlik with Brisebois/Streit). Sure the idea of Bouillon vs. Sundin is laughable, but Bouillon was the best option at that time to be paired with Markov. Carbo can only do the best with what he's got.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I really think it's too early to be calling for Carbo's head.

Edited by lazy26

Two freakin' games and your already calling for Carbo's head....that's pathetic.

What happens when Carbo, Price and Co. go into Pittsburgh and win, then win the home opener vs Carolina.....???

Do you jump back on the Carbo bandwagon or wait until they lose another game in OT (against a desperate Leafs team that just got spanked by the Sens)????

Then again I'm not even sure why I bothered responding, after seeing the guy who started this thread favorite Habs is Gino Odjick.

so what I'm hearing is that penalty box security is so strict that Koivu or Komi couldn't just sort of slip out and play a bit, then quickly slip back before the ref blew his whistle. Wow, friggin' post 9/11 world is a bitch.

so what I'm hearing is that penalty box security is so strict that Koivu or Komi couldn't just sort of slip out and play a bit, then quickly slip back before the ref blew his whistle. Wow, friggin' post 9/11 world is a bitch.

Yeh, they've really cracked down in the last few years. All the time keepers in the penalty boxes are trained in the deadly arts.

I got a funny image of Komi and Koivu tiptoeing past the judges in my head... :D

the guy hasn't played well since before the lockout and you reward him by playing in overtime? Why not play Komisarek?

Skating?

If you ask me Bouillon is not that bad.

F*ck this board is crazy with overanalysis after 2 games!

:clap:

Most coaches like to keep high scoring lines together but in Carbos school of coaching that is strictly forbidden, when Higgins, Plecs and Kosty show how great they are together they are broken up and put on 3 separate lines. Genious! Put a developing franchise player with Friggin Kostopolous and Latendresse! Put a offensivly gifted player on the checking line then blame him for your losses when he takes hooking penalties!

These and other coaching gems can be yours, just send your credit card information now! :lol:

Everyone seems focused on the fact that the habs have "Only played two games, and now we are calling for Carbo's head"

That isn't the case if you read my post.

This happened all last season as well. It doesn't matter what game # it is in what ever season. These are mistakes or "chances" he's taking that even average fans know are BS.

You can bet if average joe fans notice, the players, and management notice. The dressing room won't stay loyal for long like this.

Hmmmm.... maybe Carbo was the "cancer" in the room last year and not Perez, Kovalev, or Sammy.

Edited by Habitforming

Everyone seems focused on the fact that the habs have "Only played two games, and now we are calling for Carbo's head"

That isn't the case if you read my post.

This happened all last season as well. It doesn't matter what game # it is in what ever season. These are mistakes or "chances" he's taking that even average fans know are BS.

You can bet if average joe fans notice, the players, and management notice. The dressing room won't stay loyal for long like this.

Hmmmm.... maybe Carbo was the "cancer" in the room last year and not Perez, Kovalev, or Sammy.

Ridiculous.

Same BS was thrown around about Vigneault, Therrien and Julien. Vigneault was too conservative. Therrien was too hot-headed, Julien was too patient, and now Carbo is taking too much risks... Throw crap at the coach and if anything sticks, its a good enough reason to hate him and claim for his head.

Cheap, stupid and worthless.

Gotta wonder if maybe the coache's name was Joe Smith it'd please some clueless "average joe fans" who then wouldn't be so blindly hostile and invent reasons to criticize.

It is not about past mistake but about what you about it.

Drastic change for tonight, that is the coach decision.

That means he realised that some players did not succeed. He sees the same holes in the line

up that we do. Give him credit for that.

We can always criticise the coach decisions if he make some mistakes.

Putting some pressure on him as much as he puts on the players and maybe this team will be a better one.

Tonight Brisebois is out Gorges in, faster skater less mistakes.

Second line with Grabovski as a center was not productive, Plekanek deserves to play with better players

Third line with Smoke is good news. This was why Bob brought him here for.

Fourth line center Chipchura. That is why we sent Lapierre down.

For me now this team now make more sense, it doesn't mean we will win but the less holes we see in the line up,

the less the other teams will see them too!!!

Gotta wonder if maybe the coache's name was Joe Smith it'd please some clueless "average joe fans" who then wouldn't be so blindly hostile and invent reasons to criticize.

What are you insinuating exactly????

Are you saying because they have French sounding names they are unjustly criticized?

When you hear about cliques in a room, one of your best players complaining to a newspaper about you, dropping a 14 point lead to the Maple Leafs in the last 2 months of the season as well as blowing a 2 goal lead in the last game of the season to the same team, watch the team rarely match your opponents intensity, it is a sure sign of a poorly coached team. Carbo did a poor to average job last season. If after 2 games people want to vent about a game that the Habs SHOULD have won and found a way to lose then so be it (to the same team in the same manner) . If you are playing the language/race card....that is lame.

Fans do not need to create reasons to criticize Carbo. He created enough doubt last season.

I love the guy, but he has a hell of a lot to prove before I blindly give him the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks Kozed for a voice of reason. As I stated last year alot it doesn't matter who the coach has been for the last 10 years the Habs have been pathetic. The only people catcching heat is the coaches. Why? You got me but how about blaming the players.

Bouillon's penalty was a penalty plain and simple. That's Carbo's fault. There is alot of fault to go around when they lose. It's not always on the coach.

GC's job is to create a work ethic on a team that hasn'r had one in a decade. I for one am glad to see it. Last year he had a bunch of whiners, guess what most are gone now. Only 4 or 5 more to go. The kids seem to be buying in and that's what needs to happen.

2 games, 3 out of 4 points, not bad. Is that the coaches fault too?

Ridiculous.

Same BS was thrown around about Vigneault, Therrien and Julien. Vigneault was too conservative. Therrien was too hot-headed, Julien was too patient, and now Carbo is taking too much risks... Throw crap at the coach and if anything sticks, its a good enough reason to hate him and claim for his head.

Cheap, stupid and worthless.

No one is making anything up.

We could spend days listing the bad decisions Carbo has made last year and already a bunch this year...IN TWO GAMES!

The most frustrating part of Carbo's coaching is his player use.

Perezhogin, Kovalev, Higgins last season all could have and should have been used better last year. Perez was run out of town ...who's next?

This season he is making the same mistakes, not learning from them. If you need offense at some point in the game, you put out offensive players. For example....You don't put Kostopoulos on the PP unit to do it....I don't care how good of a game he has had at that point. The only way Kostopoulos sees the PP is if the game is well at hand (a late PP in a 7-1 game) or if it is the last game of the season and the outcome doesn't matter.

The entire mentality of a coach is based on odds. If you replace Kovalev with Kostopolous on any line...the odds are you won't score. It won't work that way every time, but for the love of the hockey gods, put the odds in your favor to start with once in a while.

Thanks Kozed for a voice of reason. As I stated last year alot it doesn't matter who the coach has been for the last 10 years the Habs have been pathetic. The only people catcching heat is the coaches. Why? You got me but how about blaming the players.

Bouillon's penalty was a penalty plain and simple. That's Carbo's fault. There is alot of fault to go around when they lose. It's not always on the coach.

GC's job is to create a work ethic on a team that hasn'r had one in a decade. I for one am glad to see it. Last year he had a bunch of whiners, guess what most are gone now. Only 4 or 5 more to go. The kids seem to be buying in and that's what needs to happen.

2 games, 3 out of 4 points, not bad. Is that the coaches fault too?

I think people are wondering why Carbo put Cube out there 3 on 3.

But the fact is that with Komisarek in the box and Markov just finishing off his shift the choice was

Hamrlik and 1 of Cube, Streit, Brisebois. None of those 3 guys could handle Sundin down low.

It is nobody's fault. The only guy that contained Sundin down low all night was Komisarek, and there are

only a handful of defensemen who can handle him down low in the league.

I don't believe that only the coaches have taken the heat in the last 10 years. Kovalev takes heat on these boards all the time, as does Ryder, as does Brisebois, as did Souray, as did Ribeiro, as did Theodore, remember Roy's last night?? etc etc. Jesus, Koivu takes heat because he does not speak french. The same guy who came back from life threatening cancer and almost losing an eye.

Most fans realized in the last 10 years that the team stunk. You do not blast a 3rd or 4th line forward, even when that 3rd liner is playing on your first line. Because you know he shouldn't be there in the first place. You don't blast your 6th pairing d-man because he shouldn't even be in the NHL. But the fans recognize when a guy has more talent than his results are showing and they have always responded in kind.

Fans need a scapegoat, before the coaches it was Rejean Houle, then Vigneault overachived with a crap team and everybody was pissed when he could not repeat it. Therrien threw a temper tantrum in a game that changed the momentum and resulted in blowing a 3-0 lead. Julien's looked like he lost the team and was replaced by Gainey and the result was one of the hottest teams going into the playoffs. Were the criticisms justified? Some, but they are hardly aimed at the coaches alone.

Edited by Wamsley01

Actually, its Bouillion's fault. He was the one who stuck his arm out, not Carbo.

For the record, Defenseman take those penalties all the time. Boo Boo should have let Sundin cycle, and in fact, he did pulled his arm back quickly, but too late. Force of habit. Komo does that more often then boo boo, and he is big, so I don't think it has anything to do with size.

It has been two games, both of which went to overtime. Given that this is a bubble team with suspect depth, I am not surprised. I am not sure what people were expecting. The Habs are not a top team in the league. They are going to lose lots of games, get use to it.

Really habotforming? The same case can be said about the Habs players.

Bouillon hasn't learned anything in years he still always makes the same mistakes.

Koivu, still taking dumb penalties

Kovalev: doesn't play hard, dumb penalties, back chech, that hasn't changes either.

The players have no clue how to play with a lead, that's been the case for years. Hasn't changed.

Any decision a coach makes will be 50 / 50. What if Kostopolous would have scored. Would the thread be Carbo is the best coach in the world. I doubt it.

Everyone needs to relax.