Habs worth 283million$, 4th in the league.

Habsfan

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/31/biz_07...ions_Value.html

Here's the link to the article in Forbes magazine. I was told I should not post articles in these forums so i just posted the link.

What I find interesting is that the Habs were usually ranked 7th or 8th(usually behind the Flyers, the Kings and the Bruins) in terms of value, and have now skyrocketed to 4th overall. About 2 years ago, they were evaluated at approx 209 million$. That would mean the team's value has increased by about 75 million$ in 2 years. Pretty imprrsesive!

I'm surprised to see the Red wings still in 3rd place(293 Million$) The Red wings don't sell out the joe anymore, and the city is simply dying. My guess is that by next year, our Habs will be third, ahead of the Red wings!

Edited by Habsfan

Yeah, Detroit is in trouble. Hockeytown USA is moving, the question is where? Buffalo seemed a solid destination, their fans were awesome last year, it will be interesting to see how they respond to their team's lackluster play this year.

Does anybody else see how disgusting it is that even though the value of the team keeps going up and Gilette's pockets are filling up, our ticket prices keep rising too.

Yeah, Detroit is in trouble. Hockeytown USA is moving, the question is where? Buffalo seemed a solid destination, their fans were awesome last year, it will be interesting to see how they respond to their team's lackluster play this year.

I'd give the Title to Colorado. Detroit and Buffalo are two cities that are not doing very well economically speaking(and haven't been for a long time!)

Does anybody else see how disgusting it is that even though the value of the team keeps going up and Gilette's pockets are filling up, our ticket prices keep rising too.

You can still get tickets in the molson Ex Zone for 10$ to 25$. Try finding tickets at that price at the Air Canada Centre or Madison Square Garden!

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/31/biz_07...ions_Value.html

Here's the link to the article in Forbes magazine. I was told I should not post articles in these forums so i just posted the link.

What I find interesting is that the Habs were usually ranked 7th or 8th(usually behind the Flyers, the Kings and the Bruins) in terms of value, and have now skyrocketed to 4th overall. About 2 years ago, they were evaluated at approx 209 million$. That would mean the team's value has increased by about 75 million$ in 2 years. Pretty imprrsesive!

I'm surprised to see the Red wings still in 3rd place(293 Million$) The Red wings don't sell out the joe anymore, and the city is simply dying. My guess is that by next year, our Habs will be third, ahead of the Red wings!

Alot of that has to do with the increased CDN $. Especially with the players salaries being in US $ and the tickets revenue being taken in Canadien. The craziest thing about that list is the Nashville Predators value. Balsillie offered almost $100 Million more than they are evaluated at and the owner turned it down. If that is not fishy, I do not know what is.

Alot of that has to do with the increased CDN $. Especially with the players salaries being in US $ and the tickets revenue being taken in Canadien. The craziest thing about that list is the Nashville Predators value. Balsillie offered almost $100 Million more than they are evaluated at and the owner turned it down. If that is not fishy, I do not know what is.

You do know why Balsillie's offer was rejected!?! Bettman told Leopold(the owner of the Preds) not to sell to Ballsilie, because the Leafs don't want another team in their back yard. So Bettman does what the Leafs ask him to do(like a good littel dog!)

AS long as Ballsilie tries to move a team to Southern Ontario, he will never be an NHL owner!

I'd give the Title to Colorado. Detroit and Buffalo are two cities that are not doing very well economically speaking(and haven't been for a long time!)

You can still get tickets in the molson Ex Zone for 10$ to 25$. Try finding tickets at that price at the Air Canada Centre or Madison Square Garden!

I live in Toronto and not only can you not buy a seat at the box office (cheapest listed at $26). I have never seen a ticket less than $50 for the nose bleeds. But the only way you get to go is if you are given them by a corporation or business associate. If you want to buy them it is minimum $80 each from a scalper.

I go to Montreal once a year and get Habs tickets no problem. The sad thing is, I have lived in Toronto my whole life and have seen 8 games (3 were preseason) and I have seen 15 in Montreal.

They are more concerned with selling condos and jerseys in Toronto than anything else. They will top that list until another team invades the lucrative Southern Ontario Market.

You do know why Balsillie's offer was rejected!?! Bettman told Leopold(the owner of the Preds) not to sell to Ballsilie, because the Leafs don't want another team in their back yard. So Bettman does what the Leafs ask him to do(like a good littel dog!)

AS long as Ballsilie tries to move a team to Southern Ontario, he will never be an NHL owner!

We all know that. But Bettman thinks if you lie enough, people will just eventually believe you.

I don't want another team in Toronto, it will force MLSE to care about the on ice product. As long

as they can sit and count their money they will continue to lose.

I live in Toronto and not only can you not buy a seat at the box office (cheapest listed at $26). I have never seen a ticket less than $50 for the nose bleeds. But the only way you get to go is if you are given them by a corporation or business associate. If you want to buy them it is minimum $80 each from a scalper.

I go to Montreal once a year and get Habs tickets no problem. The sad thing is, I have lived in Toronto my whole life and have seen 8 games (3 were preseason) and I have seen 15 in Montreal.

They are more concerned with selling condos and jerseys in Toronto than anything else. They will top that list until another team invades the lucrative Southern Ontario Market.

Interesting. I've lived my whole life IN Montreal, and I've never had to buy a ticket. I don't think i've ever had to even try! My dad has company tickets and he,s not a big hockey fan( I get four tickets twice a year) plus some of my buddies get tickets from their work, and i get some tickets from work once a in a while. I get to go to the Bell Centre at least 5-6 times per year. True that I don't have to pay for the tickets, but I make up for it in Beer and food!! hehehe! ;)

When you ay that you get tickets no problem, i assume you get them from scalpers? Cause the Bell Centre has been sold out since Jan 2004.

We all know that. But Bettman thinks if you lie enough, people will just eventually believe you.

I don't want another team in Toronto, it will force MLSE to care about the on ice product. As long

as they can sit and count their money they will continue to lose.

Can we really blame the leafs for not wanting another team in Southern Ontario. I'm pretty sure the habs would not want to see a team in SOuthern Québec either.

I know the Habs were against the Senators coming back to ottawa(seeing as Ottawa was considered Habs territory! (it still is somewhat) seeing as there are still many Habs fans i that area, not to mention that almost all of Gatineau still roots for the Habs!

Interesting. I've lived my whole life IN Montreal, and I've never had to buy a ticket. I don't think i've ever had to even try! My dad has company tickets and he,s not a big hockey fan( I get four tickets twice a year) plus some of my buddies get tickets from their work, and i get some tickets from work once a in a while. I get to go to the Bell Centre at least 5-6 times per year. True that I don't have to pay for the tickets, but I make up for it in Beer and food!! hehehe! ;)

When you ay that you get tickets no problem, i assume you get them from scalpers? Cause the Bell Centre has been sold out since Jan 2004.

Can we really blame the leafs for not wanting another team in Southern Ontario. I'm pretty sure the habs would not want to see a team in SOuthern Québec either.

I know the Habs were against the Senators coming back to ottawa(seeing as Ottawa was considered Habs territory! (it still is somewhat) seeing as there are still many Habs fans i that area, not to mention that almost all of Gatineau still roots for the Habs!

Must be nice. I buy them every year through the box office. Actually managed to pick up 10 in the same row versus the Leafs one year. It is not hard. Toronto it is essentially impossible to get your hands on 2 tickets through the box office let alone 10.

I think another team in your territory hurts your bottom line marginally, but it is great for fans. It forces the team to be better. Look at the competitive rivalry the Nords created. Some of my greatest hockey memories. Good and Bad.

But keep it up Bettman, I hope the Leafs go another 40 without a Cup.

There's no question where Hockeytown USA really is. They just call it the "State of Hockey" instead. Denver and Colorado's fan base can't compete with Minneapolis-St. Paul and Minnesota's.

Colorado's economy is pretty bad right now, too, mainly due to the massive foreclosures that have slowed down the entire housing market in the US. Denver & area are one of the major concentrations of foreclosures right now.

There's no question where Hockeytown USA really is. They just call it the "State of Hockey" instead. Denver and Colorado's fan base can't compete with Minneapolis-St. Paul and Minnesota's.

Colorado's economy is pretty bad right now, too, mainly due to the massive foreclosures that have slowed down the entire housing market in the US. Denver & area are one of the major concentrations of foreclosures right now.

It is true. But they will always carry the stigma of losing the North Stars.

As much as I would love for Denver to be Hockeytown USA (and it's my personal favorite), the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul have got to be hockeytown, USA. It's a total sham that Detroit ever comandeered that title in the first place. They put "hockeytown" at center ice and suddenly it's theirs.... bull!! It wasn't the fans' fault that the North Stars left, and the entire state of Minnesota eats sleeps and breathes hockey. They have great college hockey (so does CO), lots of kids come out of Minnesota to play in the NHL, and the Wild, I'm pretty sure, have sold out every single game they've played at Xcel Energy Center. That's crazy.

Minneapolis/St. Paul it is.

And I don't think it's really close... Denver is in the top 3 though.

As much as I would love for Denver to be Hockeytown USA (and it's my personal favorite), the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul have got to be hockeytown, USA. It's a total sham that Detroit ever comandeered that title in the first place. They put "hockeytown" at center ice and suddenly it's theirs.... bull!! It wasn't the fans' fault that the North Stars left, and the entire state of Minnesota eats sleeps and breathes hockey. They have great college hockey (so does CO), lots of kids come out of Minnesota to play in the NHL, and the Wild, I'm pretty sure, have sold out every single game they've played at Xcel Energy Center. That's crazy.

Minneapolis/St. Paul it is.

And I don't think it's really close... Denver is in the top 3 though.

Detroit was labelled Hockeytown USA because of the success of the Wings/Vipers/Compuware and that the Wings were winning Cups. Not a real title, but now the Vipers are gone, and the Wings are not selling out. It is like taking the Leafs seriously because they say Toronto is the center of the hockey universe, or they are the most storied franchise.

Just because they say it, doesn't mean it's true. Everybody in hockey knows that Minny is the heart of USA Hockey.

Edited by Wamsley01

Oh man $283 million. No way. Now my wife won't be able to afford to get my the Xmas surprise I was hoping to find under the tree. I'll probably ending up owning Nashville or Columbus. :angry:

well !! if you enjoy a good challenge !!