Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Ottawa | 11/10/07

Spider-Man NL

GOOD that we lost. Maybe Carbonneau will learn a lesson (although I doubt it) about always sitting back and protecting 1 goal leads in the 2nd half of the game. It rarely works! Keep your friggin foot on the GAS! ESPECIALLY against a team like Ottawa. JESUS that makes me mad!!!!!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you're a one dimensional player who's only contribution is scoring goals, and you can't score, you're useless as #### on a bull to your team. I'd like to see him get a time-out in the press-box...been saying that for a couple of weeks now.

It would not bother me to see that happen at all. I don't care if he gets traded either!

The one thing that I forgot to mention that really bothered me about this game was the way the Habs were totally dominated against the boards in our own zone, especially in the third. Alfredson and Heatly both owned the boards and it was really pissing me off.

they were playing the best team in the nhl and yes with this many young guys playing they got outplayed but I think they learned a lot tonite and it will be a big help later in the year.

Don't get me wrong, they played a strong game against the best team in the league, but they do have a pattern of going defensive far too early in tight games. They don't have confidence in themselves that they can score. This has to change if they want to move up into the top teams in the league. You don't see Ottawa sitting on one goal leads, (at least until the last 5 minutes).

If Huet was not brilliant tonight, this would have been an Ottawa blowout they way the Habs played the 3rd. (Gerber keep the Sens in early, but he had a lot less work as the game went on).

For the record, they gave up 16 shots in the 3rd period and about another 20 were blocked or deflected wide. Yikes.

I do not blame anybody for that loss. They are simply better. But WTF, when are we going to steal some games?

The Leafs have stolen about 4 games this season. The Habs none. I just hope that the odds even out and we start

to win some games we do not deserve. That was once again there for the taking and they let it go.

These late goals are way to much of a habit. Leafs/Pens/Sens in the last 2 weeks have scored with under 5 to go.

It doesn't help when we can't score 5 on 5!

We have had this problem for a while now. If the other team doesn't take penalties we are doomed to loose.

Regret trading the Cube. I see that very unlikely we'll be wishing he was back. Once his gets replaced by someone better, everyone will see that's it's about time.

please read the entire comment

We lost to the best team in the league and we went toe to toe with them right to the end. We shouldn't be overly upset. Yes it sucks to loose the game in the last five minutes but we played well.

I agree about Bouillon though. I have been saying it for a couple of years. He has heart and great work ethic but he just isn't good enough.

Ryder continues to frustrate!

I still say that Latendresse needs to go to Hamilton. He is not skating, hitting, checking or anything like he should or could be. He needs some time away from the Habs to get his mojo back.

Koivu and ryder was the best fowards tonight, hands down..

Edited by KEEP26

For the record, they gave up 16 shots in the 3rd period and about another 20 were blocked or deflected wide. Yikes.

That's what happens when you're sitting back and letting the other team take the fight to you. :angry:

Koivu and ryder was the best to foward tonight, hands down..

I don't know what you've been drinking...but...YOU'RE CUT OFF!!!

Yes they could come out and say well they were the best NHL team bla bla bla, as a lesson ? I guess not. this type of style have happened way too many times last season, Carbo and the team should have learned their mistake from last season and not today.

oh yeah lets fire carbo for LAST SEASON. that would be smart :?-

Don't get me wrong, they played a strong game against the best team in the league, but they do have a pattern of going defensive far too early in tight games. They don't have confidence in themselves that they can score. This has to change if they want to move up into the top teams in the league. You don't see Ottawa sitting on one goal leads, (at least until the last 5 minutes).

If Huet was not brilliant tonight, this would have been an Ottawa blowout they way the Habs played the 3rd. (Gerber keep the Sens in early, but he had a lot less work as the game went on).

It was dishearening considering the first 2 periods consisted of two fast teams going toe to toe.

The sad thing is, we all knew they were going to hold on for dear life. You cannot shut down a team like that forever

with the absence of the clutch and grab.

Two things. Why in hell were Sen announcers doing a national game, and is it just me or was that PLekanec hit 100% clean?

Boarding? Interference? The puck was in Redden's skates, they were shoulder to shoulder? Terrible call

That was incredible painful to swallow. Have the lead the entire game and then come away with not even a single point. But, if we slow down for a second and realize we just played one of the best teams in the league, if not the best, and kept the game incredibly close it could've gone either way. However we couldve sealed the bag if we kept skating in the third, instead of getting outplayed and the Sens deserved those two goals.

is it just me or was that PLekanec hit 100% clean?

Boarding? Interference? The puck was in Redden's skates, they were shoulder to shoulder? Terrible call

It was a perfectly legal shoulder to shoulder hit on a player who had posession of the puck still. Total bullshit call.

Koivu and ryder was the best fowards tonight, hands down..

Ryder was not one of the best forwards out there tonight. No cycle, not strong on the puck, no scoring chances.

But other than that, he was fantastic.

The worse call was giving Alfie a penalty shot instead of a diving call. As soon as he saw Breezy coming he let go of the stick and put his hands up.. then he fell so he could get the penalty shot. The CBC guys even talked about it. Meanwhile, Koivu fights through and gets the shot off, so no Penalty shot...

If they keep that crap up, the league is tellling guys to take a dive on the break away.....

Ryder was not one of the best forwards out there tonight. No cycle, not strong on the puck, no scoring chances.

On pace for 10 goals, Ryder will definitely have a big payday come JULY.

LOL

It was dishearening considering the first 2 periods consisted of two fast teams going toe to toe.

The sad thing is, we all knew they were going to hold on for dear life. You cannot shut down a team like that forever

Two things. Why in hell were Sen announcers doing a national game, and is it just me or was that PLekanec hit 100% clean?

the boarding call was made by patrice on thursady

it was a great hit and clean, that why he got call for Interference, still a bad call

Actually, he had several scoring chances and even tipped the puck to Koivu on the goal by Markov.

I wouldn't call him the best guy on the ice but I don't think he was the worse either.

Not sure why it's considered fashionable to dump on Ryder lately, but just because he didn't score tonight doesn't mean he played badly.

At the risk of repeating myself....he's a one-dimensional player who's only role is to score goals. If he's not scoring, he's not contributing nearly enough to justify his icetime...especially on the first line.

Not sure why it's considered fashionable to dump on Ryder lately, but just because he didn't score tonight doesn't mean he played badly.

2 goals playing with Saku and Higgy and getting lots of PP time. What a joke.

i really down think you watch the game, it was ryder fighting in the corner on the goal we got, he was skating hard all night and was shoting alot more, ryder number is 73 you might think it was 84.

he's struggling.. give him a break.. if in a couple of days he gets hot and starts potting them.... well.. just give the kid a break.

He'll start scoring.. mark my words.

i love higgy and his hard work, but he as not made a pass all year and tonight was the first point for saku in 3 games, well any way not going to fight all night with highlight fans, habs play well, there having a great season and iam happy.. no room for haters..

GO HABS GO