Game Thread | Montreal vs. Maple Leafs | 11/13/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that there's alot of Leaf bashing on this board. Not that I have any problems with that! :eyes: ;) But I also noticed that most of the Bashing comes from people in Ontario.

Most Habs fans who live in Montreal will tell you that our true rivals are the pooh-bears. We've played them 31 times in the playoffs and unlike the Leaves, we've played each other twice in the past 5 years. The Leaves were last swept by the habs back in 1979. I always thought it peculiar that soo much attention(from Ontario Habs fans) went to the leaves, but I guess seeing as you guys live in "leaves land" it would be normal for you to hate them even more. (you are stuck hearing about the leaves all the time, whereas over here with RDS, we almost never hear about the leaves!

In any case, I enjoy reading all the Leaves bashing going on, and I also enjoy pooh-bear bashing, as well as Flyer bashing. I hate all three teams equally!

just a few thoughts i wanted to share with y'all!! ;) :ghg:

This relates to something I have been thinking abour lately. Bruins fans really really really hate the Habs. We have been beating them in key games for years and years. We won something like 19 or 21 straight playoff series versus them. In many of those in the 70's 80's and 90's and 00's they were big favourites. I was taking a look at a Bruins board during the last couple of games against them and they were so worked up about losing.

Now what I think is interesting about this is that many {H a b} fans seem to be basically unaware of this. Its really kind of tragic/funny that they are dying with every loss to us and yet many of us don't even notice.

I lived in Boston in the late 80's and I remember they had a play-by-play guy who had been covering the team since the 40's. He had never seen the Bruins win a series against the Habs. In 86 we played them in the first round after they won the division and we finished fourth. Before the first game he was crowing about how all the years of heartbreak were coming to an end. :lol: I remember being in Boston Gardens for the final game as we swept them and we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2. We scored the 3rd goal with about 5 minutes to play and the final 5 minutes the whole crowd stood and booed their team.

Edited by Peter Puck

Well here we go, good luck boys!

For those from Ontario, FYI, the game is on sportsnet (including sportsnet HD).

EXCEPT if you are on the Sportsnet East area... you get basketball... :(

EXCEPT if you are on the Sportsnet East area... you get basketball... :(

I am getting it on the 2nd Sportsnet HD channel and Sportsnet O (ottawa?).

If you only have cable then.. shame on you. :)

Oh, and I am in Belleville...

I am getting it on the 2nd Sportsnet HD channel and Sportsnet O (ottawa?).

If you only have cable then.. shame on you. :)

Oh, and I am in Belleville...

Some of us can only afford cable... ^_^

I don't think it costs anymore.. but still.. as a habs fan you need to set your priorities. Who needs food.... ;)

lol.. I'll get right on it.

How are we looking tonight? Traditional flat start?

Not really bad, but somewhat. Two PP for Toronto so far, but Price has been amazing.

We have had a couple good chances too,

Yikes.. Markov fanned on the short handed 3 -1.