Game Thread | Montreal vs. Maple Leafs | 11/13/07

Spider-Man NL

I hated the Flyers for what they did to us in the mid to late 90's! I hated the bruins for exactly the reason you mentionned. Neely seemed to have Patrick's number, plus they beat us a couple of times in the playoffs back in the late 80's!

I never hated the Flyers because they were just beating up on an average Habs team. The Bruins had our number from 87-94. The Habs just couldn't beat them. They beat us in 87/88/90/91/92/94. The only time the Habs took them down was in 89 when they had a powerhouse team.

A lot of their success came from the Boston Garden. A smaller rink that benefited their style of play.

A lot of those series consisted of winning one game on the road and holding serve at home or just winning all their home games. The 4 game sweep in 92 ended the Burns era and was probably the most disgusted I have ever been in a Canadiens team. Fortunately for me that lead to 1993 :)

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is like being bombarded by brain dead zombies in 28 days later. You can be totally logical and they keep coming...uuuuuuhhh uhhhh. Hands out, Leaf sweater on and the only thing that stops them is 1967.

I dont even find "1967" works. They'll just tell you to stop living in the past. I dont think there is anything that can shut them up. Surely a habs win tonight wouldnt shut them up, but it would at least bring them down to a dull zombie-roar for the time being.

I dont even find "1967" works. They'll just tell you to stop living in the past.

Argument key:

Past: 1967

Present: Missing the playoffs and a subpar season to date

Future: Terrible GMing by JFJ, prospects look weak, future looks dim

This is getting redicolous.

1, the Habs haven't been much of a playoff team either.

2, the playoffs don't start today, wait until the end of the year before praising or bashing someone.

3. The Leafs currently own the Habs.

So how about going out and winning some games before you start bashing other teams.

2, the playoffs don't start today, wait until the end of the year before praising or bashing someone.

So how about going out and winning some games before you start bashing other teams.

Ridiculous would be losing to the Leafs tonight. As for bashing other teams, i agree wholeheartedly. However, let it be pointed out that the Maple Leafs are not a "team" per say, rather a "festering vermin-feces infestation of the apocyalpse", so your guideline doesn't apply to them!

I am not bashing other teams. I am bashing other fans. I don't think the Habs are head and shoulders above the Leafs. If they were they would not have finished behind them last year, they would not be 0-2 this year.

But if you look at both organizations one is headed one way, and one the other. They are kind of meeting on the Leaf descent.

As far as Leaf hate. If I lived in Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa I would not hate them as much. But I live in TORONTO. 90% of my friends are LEAF FANS. It is the biggest reason I am on this message board.

This is a TORONTO/MONTREAL game discussion. It is a relevant topic. If you don't want to hear my opinion/bashing DO NOT READ IT. If you feel it is ridiculous, I don't care.

I will always bash Leaf fans

Ridiculous would be losing to the Leafs tonight. As for bashing other teams, i agree wholeheartedly. However, let it be pointed out that the Maple Leafs are not a "team" per say, rather a "festering vermin-feces infestation of the apocyalpse", so your guideline doesn't apply to them!

BINGO

This is a TORONTO/MONTREAL game discussion.
Sorry Chris but he has a point.

Although I do agree that the difference between 40 years and 14 is huge but at the same time the 1967 joke is getting old and our drought isn't exactly worth a brag. We must as Habs fans dig deeper with better insults.

We can make fun of their fleabag future. :P I love to say how they got Toskala and Bell while we obtained Pacioretty, Subban and McDonogh. Which scenario would you rather have? :lol:

Sorry Chris but he has a point.

Although I do agree that the difference between 40 years and 14 is huge but at the same time the 1967 joke is getting old and our drought isn't exactly worth a brag. We must as Habs fans dig deeper with better insults.

We can make fun of their fleabag future. :P I love to say how they got Toskala and Bell while we obtained Pacioretty, Subban and McDonogh. Which scenario would you rather have? :lol:

1967 gets under their skin. Because every one of them knows that they have no idea what it is like to win a cup.

The Rangers fans biggest relief when they won was never having to hear 1940 ever again. Red Sox fans HAATED the 1918 chant. Bills fans get infuriated when you say 0 for 4.

The Leaf fans have no response to 1967. As long as it gets them to shut up, I will continue to use it.

But I only use it when I need to. I don't start the conversation with it.

And you are giving Leaf fans way to much credit. They have no idea who McDonagh is, let alone Subban and Pacioretty.

Edited by Wamsley01

Just out of curiosity, when's the last time we shut out the Leafs?

The games always tend to be 4-3 OT finals (with the wrong team winning half of them) and generally high-scoring. I think 2 seasons ago, we beat them 5-1 in that game that Kovalev destroyed Tucker but that's the closest I can remember us getting.

Just out of curiosity, when's the last time we shut out the Leafs?

The games always tend to be 4-3 OT finals (with the wrong team winning half of them) and generally high-scoring. I think 2 seasons ago, we beat them 5-1 in that game that Kovalev destroyed Tucker but that's the closest I can remember us getting.

Oct 11, 2003 - Montreal 4 @ Toronto 0

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore;_ylt=...?gid=2003101121

Edited by Wamsley01

Hahahaha. That's called the "Frog In The Well". Also known as "Plato's cave".

Leafs living in Plato's cave :lol:

:clap:

That was such a great way to start off the season.

I hated the Bruins in the Bourque, Neely and Moog heyday. But never as much as the Leafs. I could care less about the Flyers. My hate for the Leafs has always been with their fans. They are the most arrogant fan base in sports, yet they have accomplished absolutley nothing in 40 years.

Yankees, Red Wings, Lakers, Cowboys, Bulls all of these fan bases are justified in their arrogance. Their teams have all had dynasties or mini dynasties. I can take and understand their pomposity, Leaf fans. It is essentially jealousy, envy, little dick syndrome.

funny, I find most Leaf fans to be "big dicks". :lol:

I am on the way to the game with my sister.

She is wearing a JOhnny Bower jersey ......god I hate her :)

You need a t-shirt that says "My sister has a learning disability, in 40 years she still hasn;t learned the leafs suck"

I think tonight will be very dependant on the refs. In the last game, they didn't call anything, eliminating the PP for Montreal.

if the call it tight, even if both teams get 8 PP, then I have confidence the Habs will rip them up. Althought our PK is no better then theirs, our PP is light years better.

I think tonight will be very dependant on the refs. In the last game, they didn't call anything, eliminating the PP for Montreal.

if the call it tight, even if both teams get 8 PP, then I have confidence the Habs will rip them up. Althought our PK is no better then theirs, our PP is light years better.

true, for some reason whenever the habs play the Leafs, the redfs don't call anything. Again during the last game, some leaf hooked and tripped koivu and nothing was called, then the leaves scored!

Anyone else see that Carey Price interview? Reminds me of Gainey, he seems so bored of all the talk about his hockey career.

LMAO

Nick Kypreos on ryder, "the guy is a pure shooter and all of a sudden he wants to be a stick handler? The guy couldn't carry a puck in a bucket".

:huh:

He's not THAT terrible a stickhandler but he's not good enough to try pulling off all the moves he does. Kypreos' point is correct.

LMAO

Nick Kypreos on ryder, "the guy is a pure shooter and all of a sudden he wants to be a stick handler? The guy couldn't carry a puck in a bucket".

:huh:

kypreos is a dumb ass. he's had too many concussions, he doesn't know what he's talking about!