xbox NHL 2008 League

Captain_Stealth

Ugh, I can't make it through a freaking game. I asked my friend's brother to stop downloading while I play, I get disconnected, go over to his CPU and he's still downloading with half the stinking bandwith.

Are you the obi wan person?

I was trying to play someone today and they're was so much loading and stuff and we couldn't connect. I dint end up playing cause my game just froze. We tried to play like 8 times. :wacko:

Edited by Shu

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you the obi wan person?

I was trying to play someone today and they're was so much loading and stuff and we couldn't connect. I dint end up playing cause my game just froze. We tried to play like 8 times. :wacko:

Fouler Obi Wan is habsfan24. ;)

Okay I figured out how to join the league but which teams can I choose?

Any team you want. Seriously. ;)

JMMR won the who-sucks-more-at-NHL08 contest... barely.. :P

edit: replied to wrong post

I just switched to classic controls... and I like it better, even after 20 or so games using the default... am I normal?

I'm not the best NHLer, but I do prefer the sticks as opposed to the classic controls. I find it more challenging and oddly authentic.

Edited by Fanpuck33

I get cravings to play NHL08 online all the time - but I need that dang DiscDr stuff. However, with the amount of money I have to drop on books & software for school now, I don't know that I'll ever get around to fixing it.

I get cravings to play NHL08 online all the time - but I need that dang DiscDr stuff. However, with the amount of money I have to drop on books & software for school now, I don't know that I'll ever get around to fixing it.

what?

I love the stick controls, it feels so intuitive and natural. The only thing I dislike is that pass and poke check are the same button.

yeah, it's more intuitive and natural... but you can also fake a shot in front of an empty net by mistake... #$%#!@?$ (unless you're the ultimate gamer like my younger brother who hasn't played EA's NHL in 8 years, but acchieved to beat me although I had already played '08 around 20 times... not counting the thousands of times on '07, '06, '05, '04 [...] ,'94 and '93)

what?

Fixes scratches etc. Helps the disc become readable. Maca's having problems with his disc being readable....

what?

I think Maca has a scratched disc.

My comment seems a little after the fact, but the comments preceding mine weren't there a moment ago. How odd.