Christmas List

alexstream

A Cup.

Ovechkin for 12 years at 150 mil.

Buy back the Forum site; expand and rebuild it (we've never been good at the Bell Ctr: the ghosts don't like the steamés, I think.)

Always wear red at home.

But really, a big stud winger; a true #1 centre; and a guy who can play and kick the sh*te out of other people. And keep the youth movement at full steam ahead.

And no more numbers for players above '50'.

Edited by tokyohabs

A True POWER FORWARD. A guy who's at least 6'2" tall and has good hands who could score 35 goals per year!|

Latendresse w/ icetime?

Maybe in three years.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. latendresse (I hope) will become that true power forward we've been looking for since Johnny Leclair left.

A Latendresse with more speed.

Not necessarily. Some of the best power forwards in the past 15 years, weren't the fastest guys out there. (LeClair, Allison, Neely etc...

Marian Gaborik

As much as i'd love to see Gaborik with the habs, I find that Gaborik is a little too injury prone. Has he ever played a full season with the Wild??

Ovechkin.

Now THAT, would be an incredible X-mas present!

late gift, Ovechkin on a RFA and 100 million 10 yr contract to him.

That would not be enough money to get him out of Washington. The Caps would match that offer. To get ovechkin out of Washington, Bob would have to offer him something like 12 years and 120 million$ or maybe even 15 years and 150 million$!

As much as i'd love to see Gaborik with the habs, I find that Gaborik is a little too injury prone. Has he ever played a full season with the Wild??

Now THAT, would be an incredible X-mas present!

That would not be enough money to get him out of Washington. The Caps would match that offer. To get ovechkin out of Washington, Bob would have to offer him something like 12 years and 120 million$ or maybe even 15 years and 150 million$!

Looking at this from a homer perspective.

If Carey Price steps up and wins the rookie of the year, then next year duplicates the numbers and is considered a top 5 goalie in the league as a 21 year old.

(I almost spit my breakfast across the room when Red Fischer compared Price to Raycroft this morning)

do you:

1. Trade him in a package for players like Antropov, Wellwood, Steen and Tlusty?

or

2. Let him walk for a max contract offered by another team over 10-15 years?

My guess is neither. Ovechkin is a pipedream. Unless he gets into massive trouble with the law or demands a trade in which Washington really screws up the deal the Habs will not be seeing Ovechkin wearing Bleu, Blanc et Rouge until he is a UFA.

Edited by Wamsley01

Yeah, i'm well aware that Ovechkin will probably stay In washington for a while. I'm just speculating here! We're all allowed to dream once in a while! ;)

As far as the CaREY pRICE QUESTION goes, i say you sign the kid to a long term deal! I'm not worried that he'll turn out like Raycroft. He's just too good. People seem to forget that he's only 20 years old, and already, he doesn't look out of place in the NHL!

Can you just imagine how good this kid will be with 2 or 3 more years of experience!!

I'm not saying that he'll turn into the next King Patrick or Marty Brodeur...but he's gonna be good. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Edited by Habsfan

Yeah, i'm well aware that Ovechkin will probably stay In washington for a while. I'm just speculating here! We're all allowed to dream once in a while! ;)

As far as the CaREY pRICE QUESTION goes, i say you sign the kid to a long term deal! I'm not worried that he'll turn out like Raycroft. He's just too good. People seem to forget that he's only 20 years old, and already, he doesn't look out of place in the NHL!

Can you just imagine how good this kid will be with 2 or 3 more years of experience!!

I'm not saying that he'll turn into the next King Patrick or Marty Brodeur...but he's gonna be good. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Ummm...someone is counting chickens before they're hatched....let's take a little stroll down memory lane, shall we?

In just his second season, Jim Carey, 22, won the Vezina Trophy; he was 35-24-9 backstopping a low-scoring team, with a 2.26 goals-against average and a league-leading nine shutouts. He was third in the Vezina balloting in his rookie season.

There's no such thing as a 'sure thing'. I want to see more of Price before there's any sort of long-term investment in him.

Ummm...someone is counting chickens before they're hatched....let's take a little stroll down memory lane, shall we?

In just his second season, Jim Carey, 22, won the Vezina Trophy; he was 35-24-9 backstopping a low-scoring team, with a 2.26 goals-against average and a league-leading nine shutouts. He was third in the Vezina balloting in his rookie season.

There's no such thing as a 'sure thing'. I want to see more of Price before there's any sort of long-term investment in him.

:clap:

I guess that a 20 year old with an unprecedented resume should not be invested in because other players have flamed out in the past.

Like it or not Price is the Canadiens best prospect in 15-20 years. He is our elite level prospect. If he was a forward he would be viewed differently.

Everybody is afraid that goalies will flame out because others have. Why else would people mention Marc Andre Fleury in the same sentence?

WTF does a mentally weak goalie who choked in the World Juniors and has battled the puck his whole career have to do with Carey Price other than that they are both young goalies?

As far as no sure thing, why not state the obvious. Crosby could get multiple concussions like Lindros and screw the whole Penguins future up in the next 2 years.

He is still not a sure thing. Ovechkin could run a Pitbull fighting operation in his basement like Michael Vick and be in jail for 5 years. He is still not a sure thing.

If Price was a 20 year old forward on pace for 50 goals should I be worried that he will be the next Jimmy Carson?

The kid has won at the junior level on the highest stage. He has won at the AHL level on the highest stage and now he has stepped in to the NHL when the majority thought he could not and we are going to temper board members enthusiasm because of the "Net Detective" Jim Carrey?

Everybody complained when Gainey chose Price over Brule, he then goes out and wins 2 HUGE MVP awards. Habsfan...get excited all you want.

Don't let a mentally weak, injury plagued flawed goalie from 10 years ago change that.

Edited by Wamsley01

Everybody is afraid that goalies will flame out because others have. Why else would people mention Marc Andre Fleury in the same sentence?

WTF does a mentally weak goalie who choked in the World Juniors and has battled the puck his whole career have to do with Carey Price other than that they are both young goalies?

Not to mention that poor Fleury was thrown into the NHL at 18, with a horrible Penguins defense, and let's not forget that Pittsburgh STILL doesn't have a goalie coach!

Hey, I think Carey Price is more likely to make it than not based on his body of work so far, but I'm not in favor of handing him a huge contract just yet. Extend him certainly, but not for a super long term for top dollar...it's just too early to commit that deeply.

Hey, I think Carey Price is more likely to make it than not based on his body of work so far, but I'm not in favor of handing him a huge contract just yet. Extend him certainly, but not for a super long term for top dollar...it's just too early to commit that deeply.

Agreed. If I did extend him it would be above market value now, but below market value if he becomes what we think he can.

Maybe 3-4 years at $4M per after his rookie deal expires. But who knows if he would take something like that.

A brainwashing device that makes Habs fans rational and extends their memories beyond 3 games.

Yep, me too. Do you know where I can get me one of those??