Time is now to make trade.

peihabs

the O is in need of talent and Pacioretty seems to be good for the future.

If Pacioretty is our stud pf winger of the not too distant future, we really only need the hulking, vg two-way centre.

Have you guys read the scouting reports on Pacciorety? true that he's big, but most scouts don'T expect him to become a bona-fide Power Forward. Most scouts don't think he'll score more than 25 goals per season. I wouldn'T put too much of my hopes into him!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you guys read the scouting reports on Pacciorety? true that he's big, but most scouts don'T expect him to become a bona-fide Power Forward. Most scouts don't think he'll score more than 25 goals per season. I wouldn'T put too much of my hopes into him!

For a Habs fan, any of our draft picks will at least meet their potential, if not vastly exceed it!

We'll see how Pacioretty turns out, hopefully he's better than Perron. Even me, an anglo who wasn't even born here, wants to see some more Frenchies on this team. I do think that the ones we have are quality guys though.

Eric Cole are the comparisons I have heard. Not elite, but pretty damn good.

He's not like Cole, Cole handles the puck and drives to the net creating his own opportunities. pacioretty doesn't have the puck on his stick long, he passes when he should pass, shoots when he should shoot, big, tough, fast. He drives to the net for rebounds and and screens. I have see him play about 6 games this year. i put some info on him under prospects. He is a bigger, faster more physical Higgins. He plays like a young Ryan Smythe.

He'll get 20-30 per year. Very solid player, may only be a year or 2 away.

He's not like Cole, Cole handles the puck and drives to the net creating his own opportunities. pacioretty doesn't have the puck on his stick long, he passes when he should pass, shoots when he should shoot, big, tough, fast. He drives to the net for rebounds and and screens. I have see him play about 6 games this year. i put some info on him under prospects. He is a bigger, faster more physical Higgins. He plays like a young Ryan Smythe.

That is what I heard in the comparisons I have read. Seeing as I have only seen him in the World juniors take it for what it is worth.

Edited by Wamsley01

Yea, a few other posters said they read that comparison too. He is big and fast like cole but I could be wrong. He is a great Pker as well.

It is nice that these kids are stepping up quickly. It makes the future that much brighter.

Where did you see him play, at Michigan? I'm a big Wolverines fan (albeit football and basketball ahead of hockey).

Yes at Michigan. I have a dish so the FSN channels show alot of college hockey. I aslo get the big ten network with the dish. So the FSN channels in Detroit, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Colorado show alot of college hockey. Every friday and Saturday night. College sports Tv shows a Friday night game as well, normally a north east school.

Where did you see him play, at Michigan? I'm a big Wolverines fan (albeit football and basketball ahead of hockey).

Go Blue. I love Michigan Football. Jim Harbaugh and Jamie Morris days :)

That's what I had mostly heard. He'll make a very good 3rd line player. If his puck handling skills are better than expected, then maybe he could become a good second line player.

Yes at Michigan. I have a dish so the FSN channels show alot of college hockey. I aslo get the big ten network with the dish. So the FSN channels in Detroit, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Colorado show alot of college hockey. Every friday and Saturday night. College sports Tv shows a Friday night game as well, normally a north east school.

Ah, on TV then. I was wondering if you lived in Ann Arbor or something. I used to watch the GLI occasionally, I probably saw Komisarek play without knowing it. I do remember Comrie and Camellari though.

Go Blue. I love Michigan Football. Jim Harbaugh and Jamie Morris days :)

We finally got to end the year on a good note after 3 years of failures, what an awesome win that was.

That's what I had mostly heard. He'll make a very good 3rd line player. If his puck handling skills are better than expected, then maybe he could become a good second line player.

Well, if he's really projected as better than Higgins (which he seems to be), I'm aiming for more at very good 2nd line player and, if things go well, maybe a good 1st liner.

Well, if he's really projected as better than Higgins (which he seems to be), I'm aiming for more at very good 2nd line player and, if things go well, maybe a good 1st liner.

This projecting is such bullcrap. None of you are ever right. You all sound like a bunch of Eklunds when you project habs future lines. Just because everyone is so hot on Pacs, makes me think he'll never make the team. Lahti? anyone. You all had him pencilled in on the 1st line, because Selanne said so.

I think we should trade for some big time help and yes offer the 1st round pick and get the trading teams 1st or 2nd pick back.......and then hope we dig up a few gems in the draft late. If it's so friggin deep that is.

We are one gun away from being a seriously scary team, for now and in the future. I'm pretty sure Gainey is going to pull something off that will be pretty big and exciting.

This projecting is such bullcrap. None of you are ever right. You all sound like a bunch of Eklunds when you project habs future lines. Just because everyone is so hot on Pacs, makes me think he'll never make the team. Lahti? anyone. You all had him pencilled in on the 1st line, because Selanne said so.

Speak for yourself. I never said anything about Lahti during the offseason or the beginning of the season. Ther were a couple of guys here who liked the guy, but to go on and say that we all had boners for this guy is just ridiculous!

BY the way, what I said about Pacioretty was what Pierre McGuire said about him. That he would be a decent 2nd line player or a very good 3rd liner. That he would probably score between 20 and 25 goals per season.

I think somebody needs to get laid?!?! :rolleyes: