Dandenault wants out?

JMMR

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should change the title fo the Thread. Never did Dandeneault say he wanted out. This is just getting ridiculous. Some people on these boards don't even read the right articles, and assume that just because the name of the thread is "dandy wants out?", that Dandy asked for a trade, which is not the case.

I hate it when people start spewing lies and misinformation. It creates stupid threads.

We should change the title fo the Thread. Never did Dandeneault say he wanted out. This is just getting ridiculous. Some people on these boards don't even read the right articles, and assume that just because the name of the thread is "dandy wants out?", that Dandy asked for a trade, which is not the case.

I hate it when people start spewing lies and misinformation. It creates stupid threads.

That is why there is a question mark in the title becuase it is unknown if he does want out.

'

"I'm going to talk to my wife, the coaches, and my agent about my future with the team'' spells out a lot in my eyes.

He's going to quit if he gets benched again, and start delivering Pizza's around the greater Montreal area. He just wants to put it out there and see if his wife and agent think it's a good move.

Sorry, after the Samsonov incident Dandy had to..........HAD TO know it would go over like a fart in church. Dumb a$$ move! no matter how you want to look at it. Stupid moves = Stupid thread

I don't get you people. Dandy is a vet and when a vet gets benched, they are never happy. Add that to the fact that he was signed as a defenseman, I could see him questioning his role with the team.

Regardless, having 9 guys fight for 6 spots is a good thing as they will actually fight for them. If he capitulates and says, "I will just sit in the press box and wait for an injury to get me in the lineup", then you have a big problem.

There is a big difference between a rookie fighting for a spot and a vet player.

There is a big difference between a rookie fighting for a spot and a vet player.

Thank you very much! Some people don't seem to understand that!

Thank you very much! Some people don't seem to understand that!

But Dandenault is a vet who was signed to be a defenseman which he is not capable of doing and he is at best a 4th line forward.

Sometimes I wish Bob was like Lou in New Jersey because Dandy would clear waivers and be in Hamilton so fast it would make his head spin.

But Dandenault is a vet who was signed to be a defenseman which he is not capable of doing and he is at best a 4th line forward.

Sometimes I wish Bob was like Lou in New Jersey because Dandy would clear waivers and be in Hamilton so fast it would make his head spin.

But the Devils are more boring than the Habs on national television on a Saturday night vs a Crosby-less Pens squad.

Q. How can you be a perennial contender and fill only 70% of your Arena?

A. By being THAT boring.

Q. How can you be a perennial contender and fill only 70% of your Arena?

A. By being THAT boring.

My guess is that you are being very generous to the Devils. The Attendance figures might be somewhere near 70%, but the Arena is very rarely 1/2 full. Considering that teh Devils have been one of the premier franchises over the past 12 years, is just pathetic, and proves to me that 2 teams in the NYC area is enough, the Devils are one team too many!

I saw the Bruins and Habs at the Halifax Metro Centre in preseason. Dandenault was going way too deep defensively and looked way out of place. O'Byrne played better on D in that game and also during the other preseason games. So, in order to appease him we made him a forward and he has been a good force.

I find it funny how the french medias couldn't pounce on this one with a headline of, "Dandenault gets scratched in favour of a non-franco player named Begin" :lol:

Dandy's a proud guy. He wants to play. I have no problem with anything he said. He'll work his ass off to get back in...

His comments came shortly after he heard the news. Of course he was mad.

Dandy needs to be a leader on this team, after all he is a vet. If he gets benched he needs to take it with class and show that he will be there when the team needs him.

Of course he won't be happy is he a vet that is being benched like someone else said.

The truth is he makes to much for what is here for and if he wants to get back into the lineup he has to prove it in practice (yes practice I said practice for all you A.I. Fans out there).

I like Dandenault but if he winds up demanding a trade, it won't hurt us. We lose a bit of depth but we already have more than a lot of that, not to mention a few NHL-ready players in Hamilton who are eager to take his place.

Well, it's kind of similar to the Rivet situation when he was unhappy about being benched last year. He was an effective player and he got Montreal quite a bit at the deadline (the 1st round pick and Gorges) - obviously Dandenault is not as valuable, but who knows, at the deadline he could garner something.

I'd rather he kick in Carbo's office door and call him everything but a white man, ect to get his point across....not talk in the media.

Yeh, I'm not fond of the Samsonov impression.

We'll see what happens if Beige is healthy enough to play on THU and Dandy's benched again.

Samsonov wasn't through the media at all... it was through his agent, and he directly went to the GM with his demand before even letting Carbo know.

My mistake. I remembered incorrectly. Thanks.

I'd rather wait until after the season is over to trade any depth away. I'd rather have experienced guys like Dandenault for a playoff drive just in case than another Scott Kishel type. Of course, if you could guarantee me that we'd pick another Sergei Kostitsyn I might change my mind about dealing him now. :lol:

I'd rather wait until after the season is over to trade any depth away. I'd rather have experienced guys like Dandenault for a playoff drive just in case than another Scott Kishel type. Of course, if you could guarantee me that we'd pick another Sergei Kostitsyn I might change my mind about dealing him now. :lol:

Many people seem to forget that Dandeneault is our most experienced playoff guy. With the exception of Kovalev, no other player on this team has ever won a cup. He's Won 3 of them!

And by the way, for all of you who can't seem to read and just assume that Dandy asked to be traded, yesterday Dandy ONCE AGAIN came out and said that he never asked to be traded, and that he'd accept the coach's decision, even though he didn't agree with it!

Edited by Habsfan

Habsfan does raise a good point about his playoff experience. I highly doubt he has any trade value right now so the Habs might as well keep him around (unless he is a real dressing room problem which I doubt)

Dandy like everyone has a role to play on this team and he needs to accept it. Bottom line.

Many people seem to forget that Dandeneault is our most experienced playoff guy. With the exception of Kovalev, no other player on this team has ever won a cup. He's Won 3 of them!

And by the way, for all of you who can't seem to read and just assume that Dandy asked to be traded, yesterday Dandy ONCE AGAIN came out and said that he never asked to be traded, and that he'd accept the coach's decision, even though he didn't agree with it!

Brisebois also won a cup.

Dandenault did not say he wanted a trade, but I can't reasonably interpret "make a decision" to mean anything other than thinking about retirement or asking for a trade.