Game Day Superstitions?

Habsfan24

I know this might make me a pretty big loser but I am pretty superstitious when it comes to Habs game days.

Last season I would eat Poutine and drink ex all the time before games. (I don't know how I have not had a heart attack yet)

I know JMMR has his SAKU thing.

I was wondering if other people have little things they do before games?

I don't have any when I watch the Habs at home; when I go to a game (OHL) I hex the visiting starting goalie by giving him the evil eye followed by Homer's boogy boogy boogy... (dancing Homer reference)

Asside from the fact i don't believe in any superstition, i especially don't believe in hockey superstitions because how could I expect my superstition to be true but someone else's false?

Ex: If i eat pizza on a hockey night Habs will win. So i eat pizza. But my friend who walks his dog before the game also wins whenever he does this. If he doesn't do his thing but i do mine, who wins? Who's superstitious power comes out on top? I think ultimately the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of habs fans' superstitious activities end up cancelling eachother out (assuming they have any effect at all!), so i just shut up and watch the game.

GO HABS GO

:D

If i had a superstition though, it would be making the game thread. I'm 10-2-1 when i make game threads so far this year ;)

Edited by Cataclaw

my superstition...I spend alot of time in the Bathroom during a really tight Habs game! It's not that fun! But I'm willing to sarifice myself for the good of the team!

everytime I watch a game with my a particular friend, the team we cheer for wins.

last week my son had his habs/youppi pj and we won 8-2 !!

Last year I had a plethora of superstitions, but I've thrown them all out this year. So far, so good.

JMMR, what's this SAKU thing?

It's kinda hard to believe but everytime i wore my vintage habs hat the Habs've lost so ive put it aside n whenever i wear my black and grey new era habs hat the Habs have been winning :P

Last year I had a plethora of superstitions, but I've thrown them all out this year. So far, so good.

JMMR, what's this SAKU thing?

There is a beer

saku2.jpg

And every time this year I have opened one and started to drink it before puck drop the Habs are 7-0 and Koivu has 7 goals in those 7 games.

Also every person I watch the game with has to do the exact same thing.

Worked for the Devils game last week (as I put it to the test)

Edited by JMMR

There is a beer

saku2.jpg

And every time this year I have opened one and started to drink it before puck drop the Habs are 7-0 and Koivu has 7 goals in those 7 games.

I need to get some of those. Liquor store or Beer store? In Quebec it is probably corner store :)

My only superstition is in must win games I break out my 1987 Patrick Roy jersey that is 5 sizes to small and wear it.

Only in must win games though.

Although last week I broke out the Theo jersey from it's banishment at the back of the closet when I found out Montreal had not beaten Jersey since

Theo pitched a shutout there in 2002. So that might be my new Devils game sweater.

edit: Awesome, I found it at the LCBO. I will be purchasing some of those for the bar.

Edited by Wamsley01

There is a beer

saku2.jpg

3 questions for you man, if you could....

1) Is that beer Finnish, by chance?

2) Is it any good?

3) Why have you only had it before 7 games?

You may have to stock up for playoffs (and risk developing a small drinking problem)

3 questions for you man, if you could....

1) Is that beer Finnish, by chance?

2) Is it any good?

3) Why have you only had it before 7 games?

You may have to stock up for playoffs (and risk developing a small drinking problem)

No Estonian which borders Finland.

It is not good infact it gets worse with each one you drink (IT MUST BE VERY COLD)

I dont want to uver use its power so I have use it seven times thus far.

As for the playoff drinking problem no worries.

It is not good infact it gets worse with each one you drink (IT MUST BE VERY COLD)

Going to use the old SAKU trick on Saturday?

Yeah I do my SAKU THING.

Not the best beer but 7-0 this year and Koivu has 7 goals in those games aint to bad.

7-0 and Saku actually played well in the games??? What the hell man, don't ration it so much....get a couple of cases by any means necessary and get drinking before EVERY game!!! Ok, so it doesn't taste good...big deal...take one for the team; I know people that drink Jager a lot, and it tastes like hell. Plug your nose and chug it if you have to, chase it with something that tastes good...whatever it takes to get Saku playing worth a damn again.

Edited by sbhatt

Mix it with Tomato juice. Trust me, you'll like it!