Game Thread | Habs vs. Rangers | 03/02/08

Cataclaw

I key lesson here for the squad. No lead is safe in the new NHL. Should have run it up. :D

I can't let go of the fact that we had these guys pinned and let them get up with a needless penalty. Very undisciplined play once again by our 2nd line centre. I understand his frustration with his lines lack of production, but he doesn't need to be stupid about it.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True...typical boneheaded type of penalty Saku always takes in the offensive zone for no good reason.

That being said, he can redeem himself in a hurry by producing some offense in the third period.

I have one problem with your comment. It shouldn't have been a penalty. It was a bullshit make up call for the penalty shot. How can you dump on Koivu for that? :puke:

Ya the whole team fell apart because of Saku's little hook. Please.

We will win by the way!!!!!

Agreed, I also hate afternoon games, It just isn't teh same!

the Rangers are a tougher opponent than the Islanders. Plys for some reason we've had a tough time against them this year. It's time to kick some Ranger ass. I would start Huet tonight, the Guy has been incredibly hot lately, we need this win!

Go Habs GO!

I like afternoon games, :clap:

otherwise I would have to be up at 2am to hear a game live.

I key lesson here for the squad. No lead is safe in the new NHL. Should have run it up. :D

I can't let go of the fact that we had these guys pinned and let them get up with a needless penalty. Very undisciplined play once again by our 2nd line centre. I understand his frustration with his lines lack of production, but he doesn't need to be stupid about it.

It was more of a battle along the boards, Gomez should have gone for diving too. and if this team is so mentaly weak that they fall apart after one goal, then they have no business challenging for first in the conference.

I like afternoon games, :clap:

otherwise I would have to be up at 2am to hear a game live.

Nice!

Do you get american channels over there? The game is on NBC.

1st Habs game on u.s. national network this year i think. and what a great game it is so far! Go Habs

Yes. He's a powerful mage who can force his teammates to giveaway pucks in their own end and cause broken sticks. :blink:

Only a fool blindly defends his hero!

What exactly has he done productive in this game. He seems like a non-entity out there, when he isn't hooking someone or giving someone a face wash over the refs shoulder.

How could anyone say that that penatly and resulting PP goal, a good one with nobody to blame but the penaltized player wasn't the momentum shift in this game? Was it even close to neccessary for Saku to hook on that play, he was breaking off the check already. It was a stupid penalty that he took and it hurt his team.

Nice!

Do you get american channels over there? The game is on NBC.

1st Habs game on u.s. national network this year i think. and what a great game it is so far! Go Habs

No, here in our igloos, we don't get fancy NBC...

What exactly has he done productive in this game. He seems like a non-entity out there, when he isn't hooking someone or giving someone a face wash over the refs shoulder.

How could anyone say that that penatly and resulting PP goal, a good one with nobody to blame but the penaltized player wasn't the momentum shift in this game? Was it even close to neccessary for Saku to hook on that play, he was breaking off the check already. It was a stupid penalty that he took and it hurt his team.

Easy tiger. I wasn't saying that Saku didn't deserve the penalty. I didn't say it wasn't an unnecessary penalty. I didn't say there wasn't a momentum shift at that point. I'm saying that he didn't cause the Rangers to score 3 times in that period. Anyone that believes that is truly blind.

Please read my post in context and don't put words in my mouth.

The boys have to settle down..let the rangers take the penalties and put the puck in the net... Komi taking a penalty at the end is just dumb.. I just knew he was going to do something stupid the way he was acting..

They can't let the wheels fall off, they need to get back to their game...

Actually, seeing the replay.. that was a BS call on Komi...

what a bad shift for Kosto, Begin, Smoke on the Gomez goal. Markov broke his stick and NONE of'em give his to Markov, then Smolinski failed on his cover on Gomez. Really bad shift.

What does hurt this team to force us to go grom 3-0 to 3-3

the same thing we repeated all year long.

We have no tough guy to stand up for our little hard working guy.

Thank you Gorges and Bouillon to do something.

All the other puss*es on ice didn't do anything especially Savage excuse me Higgins.

Smolinski sunk the third goal but where were the wingers, somebody up there to cover while Markov has no stick??

Komo has the right to be mad, we score one and take Gomez off his shoulders should do Rags some good.

My goat Smolinski, Higgins, Latgendresse for missing goals and Koivu for all his believers here that

thinks that roses grows from his crack.

No, here in our igloos, we don't get fancy NBC...

I think he was refering to my location here in Qatar :-)

We get lots of US and Canadian TV and Fox Sports has hockey every week but so far no Habs games :puke:

Son of a, that was close. No clue why Kovalev didnt dig out the loose puck, its not like Lundqvuist really had it covered.

I definitely want to see the Habs scoring more Short Handed Goals and they have had 2 great chances so far.

Only a fool dumps on a player he dislikes every chance he gets. Koivu has an assist in this game by the way, and has created multipe scoring chances. Why havent you been saying the same about kosty for taking the charging penalty, or komi for roughing. Or any other player who ever took a penalty in a game and we give up a powerplay goal. Honestly, the mindless Koivu bahing is getting a little old.

I think he was refering to my location here in Qatar :-)

We get lots of US and Canadian TV and Fox Sports has hockey every week but so far no Habs games :puke:

You probably get NBC then... turn it on if you can :)

What does hurt this team to force us to go grom 3-0 to 3-3

the same thing we repeated all year long.

We have no tough guy to stand up for our little hard working guy.

Thank you Gorges and Bouillon to do something.

All the other puss*es on ice didn't do anything especially Savage excuse me Higgins.

Smolinski sunk the third goal but where were the wingers, somebody up there to cover while Markov has no stick??

Komo has the right to be mad, we score one and take Gomez off his shoulders should do Rags some good.

My goat Smolinski, Higgins, Latgendresse for missing goals and Koivu for all his believers here that

thinks that roses grows from his crack.

Have a little faith :hlogo:

A lot of shaky plays by koivu tonight.. fails to clear, failure to keep it in.. etc... I don't think he is the sole reason for the collapse, but he is not playing as well as he should (or did yesterday)..