Habs vs. Devils | 01.03.08

Cataclaw

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I be the first to say that first place in the East is not good enough, and that it's the lack of a Francophone Captain and too many soft, inconsistent European players that is costing us number one in the entire league.

I vote we start a petition to ask Bob Gainey to trade everyone for draft picks and start again.

:D

Yeah babyyy woohooooooooo

Many beers will be had tonight to celebrate this huge victory

Starting.. RIGHT NOW!

CBC's Three Stars:

1 - Price

2 - Brodeur

3 - S. Kostitsyn

NHL.com's Three Stars:

1 - A. Kostitsyn

2 - Price

3 - Brodeur

Can I be the first to say that first place in the East is not good enough, and that it's the lack of a Francophone Captain and too many soft, inconsistent European players that is costing us number one in the entire league.

I vote we start a petition to ask Bob Gainey to trade everyone for draft picks and start again.

:D

But... we're past the trade deadline... Should we just forfeit the rest?

standingsls4.jpg

My God that looks good. I think having the fewest number of losses says something. We've been "in" a lot of our games this year.

I think its time we put the choking mentality aside and stop thinking about a slump or freefall.....that obviously isnt going to happen. While we might not finish first, we are playoff bound.

I would like to see the team go into the roadtrip with the attitude of a first place team as well. I personally will settle for nothing less than 5 of 8 points...

I personally will settle for nothing less than 5 of 8 points...

Well I say we absolutely have to beat Phoenix and LA so thats 4 pts right they're.. I'd be willing to accept a split with SJ/Anaheim

So I say 6 pts :)

Good game, I can't really believe that we're on top of the conference.

Price was huge. Great poise, in and out of the net. The one Jersey goal was pretty fluky, but he didn't let it get to him.

The game was pretty evenly matched in terms of chances, and there were so many weak calls in the game (of which we were the beneficiary of the majority). Glad to see Big Jugs get one, he deserved it. Kovalev was a bit off tonight, he was probably tired. Koivu and Higgins weren't great either. In fact, I think it was our fourth line who was the most consistent, especially Ryder.

Our D was pretty good, but I might have to start calling O'Byrne the iceman, he always ices the puck. He made some big hits though, and I'd say he had a stronger outing than Hamrlik. Our bottom pairing was strong again.

New Jersey plays a lame style and I'm glad we stuck it to them.

Fantastic win. This team continues to rise to the occasion when I am ready for a letdown.

I was hoping for a 3-3 record after the western swing but now I am hoping for more.

This team looks a lot calmer since the deadline passed, I don't know if it is knowing that these are the

guys they will be going to battle with, or if they are buoyed by the confidence that Gainey has shown in them.

Price, HUGE. His puckhandling raises every defencemans game a level. He had a couple of shakey moments

but I love his confidence and his playmaking ability. I thought he matched Brodeur outside the crease tonight.

He also made some big saves. Bo Gainey is being rewarded for having large ones so far.

Keep it coming boys!

I was pissed when Carey lost that puck for the Jersey goal, but he did have a great game.........

Plus I love the Big TlTS, Plex, LlL TlTS power play unit. It doesn't get to go out often but when I see 74 and 46 on the ice together I get chills. Komi was a monster too. See towards the end of the game in front of Carey. He was drilling that devil in the head as if it was his worst enemy in the world. Good stuff!