Greg Stewart

JoeLassister

I was so impressed by his game against Toronto. Toughness, skills, some skating, a fight, well he's been great.

I think this guy could be an upgrade of a Kostopoulos next season.

In the playoffs, not sure yet...

discuss.

I liked what I saw of him, but barring any catastrophes, I don't think we'll see him much this year. Maybe if one of the grinders go down he'll dress. Looking forward to seeing more of him in the future if he continues to bring the same effort and energy.

Had some good spunk in the game he played. Great chance on his first shift and even stood up for himself getting into a scrap.

However, unless the Habs get hit big by the injury bug, i think it is unlikely that he would see any action ahead of others like Grabs, Breezer, Dandy and the others who will be scratched due to numbers. Only if the Habs had 5 players out to injury would they need to fit someone else into the lineup and likely Chipchura would be next if he is healthy.

what I herad is that stewart had consistensy problems. he still could be good in the nhl, carbonneau was really good dealing with players withconsistensy problems this year: you suck you dont play!!

He impressed, but it's too late for auditions. His reward was that game for this year, and sticking around with the team just in case, with emphasis on just in case.

Begin and Kostopolous were both AHL stars before being NHL 4th liners... Stewart had a decent AHL rookie campaign and got rewarded for his hard work. He still has game to develop in the AHL.

We'll see where he is next year after more AHL seasoning and with Kostopolous and Begin's contracts expiring.

This playoffs is all about the 23/24 other guys that got us here.

Yes, he is a spare part currently. It wouldn't surprise me to see him next year. As everyone else mentioned, good size, great speed, hits, fights and works hard. Gc mentioned he liked him back in training camp. With begin being often injured, it may see some NHL time sooner then later.

I like this kid and want hime to stick.

Me too, I know Carbo will rest either Begin or Kost Sunday (2nd of Back-to-back) and replace either with Stewwwwwy.

Stew's only job will be too add some serious grit, hopefully get on Chara's nerves, as well as Begin and Kosto.

Should be rough.

:ghg: