NHL buyout thread

MAK

will any Habs get the boot??

If I'm right only 3 players per team cant be bought out. since salmelainen and cullimore are already bought from montreal, only one, if any, could get it.

The only one I can see, and hope he gets it is Dandenault. His salary is 1.725 000$ and has one year left so that would give a cap hit of 862 500$ for the nest two years.

IMO, he'll get it.

Anybody else, perhaps ??

Will Emery and tucker get it too ?? since he's young, I think that the sens would only have to pay him 1/3 of his salary.

Discuss.

Edited by marky_and_komi

will any Habs get the boot??

If I'm right only 3 players per team cant be bought out. since salmelainen and cullimore are already bought from montreal, only one, if any, could get it.

The only one I can see, and hope he gets it is Dandenault. His salary is 1.725 000$ and has one year left so that would give a cap hit of 862 500$ for the nest two years.

IMO, he'll get it.

Anybody else, perhaps ??

Will Emery and tucker get it too ?? since he's young, I think that the sens would only have to pay him 1/3 of his salary.

Discuss.

A cap hit for a player like Dandenault is 2/3 of the deal pro-rated over 2 years. Because of his cap hit varying from what he would receive this season, there's some extra calculations required for to figure out what he'd count against the cap.

By my numbers, the cap hit would be $558,333.33 in 08-09, and $583,333.34 in 09-10 if he were to be bought out.

A cap hit for a player like Dandenault is 2/3 of the deal pro-rated over 2 years. Because of his cap hit varying from what he would receive this season, there's some extra calculations required for to figure out what he'd count against the cap.

By my numbers, the cap hit would be $558,333.33 in 08-09, and $583,333.34 in 09-10 if he were to be bought out.

yeah I forgtot to divide by 2/3rd.

Is it that bad?

Isn't there any team that could use a versitaile guy like Dandy? If the Habs didn't have Streit he would be an asset to us in my opinion. Trade one overpaid player for another and take the chance?

Well that's sort of the problem. Dandy is useful but the Habs haven't really showcased his talent this season.

The way Montreal used him makes Dandy look like an expensive fourth liner.

Well that's sort of the problem. Dandy is useful but the Habs haven't really showcased his talent this season.

The way Montreal used him makes Dandy look like an expensive fourth liner.

exactly what he is on our roster. I much prefer finishing 1rst in the East without showcasing him than bench someone usefeull for Dandy...

IM sure ottawa will try to trade him at the draft but if it doesnt work you'll be able to put his name there.

IM sure ottawa will try to trade him at the draft but if it doesnt work you'll be able to put his name there.
I hear St. Louis and LA getting Emery through a trade. Even though the buyout cap hit is low you know Murray is going to try. This might turn out to be a trade for a bag of pucks. Good thing for Murray is that the UFA goalie market is very dry with many UFA's returning to their teams. This might help Emery's worth. The lousy market might be offsetting his behavioral concerns to prospective trade partners. Huet and Theodore immediately come to mind as players expected to sign back to their teams. What's left after that? Not too much.

Raycroft? :lol:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

I hear St. Louis and LA getting Emery through a trade. Even though the buyout cap hit is low you know Murray is going to try. This might turn out to be a trade for a bag of pucks. Good thing for Murray is that the UFA goalie market is very dry with many UFA's returning to their teams. This might help Emery's worth. The lousy market might be offsetting his behavioral concerns to prospective trade partners. Huet and Theodore immediately come to mind as players expected to sign back to their teams. What's left after that? Not too much.

Raycroft? :lol:

Uh, Lalime, Joseph, Hedberg, Thibault, Aebischer, Auld are probably the biggest names. Theres some decent goalies out there but they're all RFA's (Lehtonen, Leclaire, Fleury) so they'll all just sign back with their teams anyway. Oh yeah, I'm assuming Kolzig just retires as well. I thought he did already but I keep seeing people suggesting their team sign him so now I'm a little confused.

From my Avs fan standpoint, the crap market isn't worth letting Theo go pending he takes a nice cut. Anything over 3.5-4 mil and I'd tell him to go to hell.

As a Sens fan, Emery has to go. I don't care if Gerber can't carry the team, I don't care if the market sucks, Emery has to go. Locker room poison like him rarely comes along and you don't want to associate yourself with it for too long when it does.

Edited by jetsniper

RAY EMERY HAS BEEN BOUGHT THE F*CK OUT!

YEAH!

*Waits for Avs to announce the signing of Ray Emery*

:blink:

Ahahaha, he'll be lucky to find another job in the league. LA maybe but I'm willing to bet they're more inclined to go with Bernier (who they should've gone with last season)

Ray Emery sucks and now he's not a Sen anymore, wahoo!

Ray Emery has now been hired as an assistant coach to Tony Granato. Totally saw that coming.

Oh, someone out there is dumb enough. He just backstopped a team to the Finals 2 years ago.

yeah I cant wait for theodore to go somewhere else and seeing Colorado sign him !! :lol:

yeah I cant wait for theodore to go somewhere else and seeing Colorado sign him !! :lol:

Same joke in the same thread, atleast be creative with it.

I fully understand why they would want to kick Raycroft out, but why Wellwood? Does he have a attitude problem à la Emery or something?

w0w, the Laffs waived Wellwood, thats shocking.

I sure hope the Habs jump on Wellwood. Higgins and Wellwood would mesh amazingly together.

There really isn't anywhere for Wellwood to play with the Habs...plus he'll likely get offered more to play elsewhere and with more chances to make the top 2 lines...San Jose maybe? He could help them on the wing. Washington for the same reason. Maybe Phoenix. NYI. Calgary. etc...he could fit on a number of teams...

Tucker has been bought out as well.

I think it's clear the Leafs are going after Tavares...

Damn, who will we hate on the Leafs now? It's no fun hatin' a 12th-14th place team. At least meeting the Leafs will mean free pts this season.