Will a Habs player crack the top-10 in league scoring in 08/09?

JLP

Will a Habs player crack the top-10 in league scoring in 08/09?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will a Habs player crack the top-10 in league scoring in 08/09?

• One Habs player will make it to the top 10
    • Two or more Habs players will make it to the top 10
    • No Habs player will make it to the top 10

Kovalev finished 11th last season, I can't remember the last time the Habs had a player in the top-10. Will this be the year?

Kovalev finished 11th last season, I can't remember the last time the Habs had a player in the top-10. Will this be the year?

Sadly, I wan't to say Vinny Damphousse or Mark Recchi. I'd like to think Kovalev can repeat his performance from last year, but if someone is going to break top ten I'll guess Tanguay or Kostitsyn. Depending on his linemates, maybe Pleks has an outside outside shot.

If this team does not sign a legit impact player I will say that we will not have one player in the top 15, let alone top 10...call me a pessimist if you want.

Hopefully they prove me wrong and 3-4 guys manage to crack that level. I'm just not convinced yet...this team seems to rely on such a balanced attack. It needs a high level of chemistry amongst the players, discipline and a strong PP (which teams seemed to figure out in the playoffs...so it's a question mark for me this season as defenses will imitate what we saw in the playoffs).

Mats Naslund in 1986. He finished the season with 110 points and was the 8th best scorer in the league!

If this team does not sign a legit impact player I will say that we will not have one player in the top 15, let alone top 10...call me a pessimist if you want.

WOW! You really are a pessimist. I thikn that Kovy will crack the top 15 again this year...he may even crack the top ten, but he'll need to get at least 88 points to do that, which would be an awesome year for him!

If he, Plex and A-Kosty can stay healthy all year long, i think he can do it!

WOW! You really are a pessimist. I thikn that Kovy will crack the top 15 again this year...he may even crack the top ten, but he'll need to get at least 88 points to do that, which would be an awesome year for him!

If he, Plex and A-Kosty can stay healthy all year long, i think he can do it!

However, Kovalev is not a consistent 80 point guy...it would be very easy to see his production tail off...

I think if we land Sundin, Kovy can do it. Sundin's line will take some of the heat off of Kovy, and our powerplay will be sick: Kovy working the half-boards with Sundin working the slot and the down-low....sweeeeeet.

alot of players will end up between 55 and 75 points.

I say andrei Kostitsyn will finish 1st...unless sundin signs...but that wont happen.