Habs vs. Hurricanes | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Interesting item I found. We're always wondering about why the Habs give up so many shots, well I went to the NHL game centre and they have the place from where the shot was taken on a tiny facimilie of a hockey rink. 6 from the point, and the other 4 were perimeter shots. Montreal had 10 as well, but five were from the close slot. Personally, I don't care if the opposition has 60 shots if they're from the point. That's a great way to see the *quality* of the shots rather than just the quantity. I wonder if they have previous games archived. I'm thinking Montreal may give lots of shots, but it's the opponents who decide to shoot from anywhere. Something to look into, anyhow.

http://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/console.jsp?id=2008020129

EDIT: 6 for Montreal from the close slot.

Edited by Colin

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky to be up 2-1. But late in the period the Habs started to come one. Frustrating watching them miss those open nets though.

Not much chance by Price on that deflected goal.

Keep up the pressure and maybe score a quick one on the PP early in the 2nd.

Personally, I don't care if the opposition has 60 shots if they're from the point. That's a great way to see the *quality* of the shots rather than just the quantity.

Funny you should say that considering that the Canes goal came from the point. :P;) I think those are the shots that make me the most nervous. For some reason, whenever the opposing team takes a shot from the point against the Habs, it always becomes a dangerous scoring opportunity, whereas whenever the habs shoot from the point, the puck very rarely ever makes it to the net!

BY the way, great find Colin. Awesome site!

Edited by Habsfan

Lucky to be up 2-1. But late in the period the Habs started to come one. Frustrating watching them miss those open nets though.

Not much chance by Price on that deflected goal.

Keep up the pressure and maybe score a quick one on the PP early in the 2nd.

I'll almost always take the goalies side, but Price didn't even seem to work at looking for that point shot. Yes it was a screen and yes it was deflected, but he never had any clue where the puck was IMO...he needs to work harder to se through screens.

Very inconsistent play by both teams in this second period !

I'm also getting the impression that the Ice quality at the Bell centre isn't great...the puck is bouncing all over the place!!

Very inconsistent play by both teams in this second period !

I'm also getting the impression that the Ice quality at the Bell centre isn't great...the puck is bouncing all over the place!!

I agree, I actually thought that last game. Should be the best ice in the world, what's up with that?

I agree, I actually thought that last game. Should be the best ice in the world, what's up with that?

That's because the Bell Centre is the most used arena in North America. There are concerts, truck shows, Boxing,(there were 19,000 fans in the Bell Centre Friday night to watch Lucian Bute retain his belt against Andrade) Gala's...and all kinds of other events. Which means they are constantly dismantling and remaking the ice almost every other day!

Edited by Habsfan

That's because the Bell Centre is the most used arena in North America. There are concerts, truck shows, Gala's...and all kinds of other events. Which means they are constantly dismantling and remaking the ice almost every other day!

Really? Wow, shows you how out of touch I am with the city of my youth.

Is Spidey around ??? Because Price sucked...

Now now, politically correct...the entire team is sucking for the second game in a row...Price (and Halak) are part of the team therefore are not exempt from sucking. The good news, the Canes are sucking too and we're still in this one.

I'm sorry, but the boys don't deserve to win this game. The Canes are out hustling the Habs on EVERY SINGLE play. They are out skating us, and they want the puck more. I've got a bad feeling about this game!

I'm sorry, but the boys don't deserve to win this game. The Canes are out hustling the Habs on EVERY SINGLE play. They are out skating us, and they want the puck more. I've got a bad feeling about this game!

Part of being a winner is the ability to win ugly...let's test that ability tonight!