Habs @ Senators | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what the heck is halak doing. we coulda won by now. why on earth does he have to drop to the ice for a shot. all the idiot has to do is stand up and he woulda stopped the shot. why are goalies so stupid?????????????

If he stood up, it would have been a low shot...

Goalies go down because they are butterfly goalies..

If he stood up, it would have been a low shot...

Goalies go down because they are butterfly goalies..

no, as soon as the shot happened, he went down...a forward can't suddenly put the shot low. that doesn't make sense.????????????????//

stand up you stupid goalies!!!!!!!

that was just great love to see lappy get goals, great move, elliott did not know if he was coming or going. You had to believe that we were at a disadvantage going against heatly spezza and alfie. But we got it done stewart looked good out there nice assist. Life is good in canada cause the Habs won. :lol:

Ottawa sucks and we fell asleep after owning them for most of the night. That's all.

Yep, I agree.

I credit the Habs collapse tonight to 1 particular play. It happened so fast I didnt get the see the # for sure but it I beleive it was Pacioretty or D'Ags that deserves the Nortel play of the game. The play when Pacioretty or D'Ags was standing way to close to the net that when the puck came he had no chance at scoring or even touching the puck. Instead of a open net Habs goal the Sens got the puck and rushed down and scored to make it 3-2.

I have no idea what the Habs players fascination is with the goal line. Laps has figured out that its not a race to the goal line, Kovy knows it too but not many more demonstrate that they know this. Slow it down and let a play develop instead of rushing a good scoring chance and blowing it.

I have no idea why Pacioretty or D'Ags was standing so close to the net on that play but all of the Habs seem to do it. I hate how the Habs always seem to want to stand so close to the goal line all the time. It drives me crazy. A back door type play is much more effective if your not in the crease or anywhere hovering right beside the goal line or beside the net behind the goal line. Why they dont stand more in front of the net just a few feet off the closest goal post about 3-6 feet in front of the goal line. I can understand that if those areas are being covered by the other teams D but when your wide open your wide open so feel free to make a claim on the available prime real estate.

Good game by the Habs. I think more or less everyone played well. Granted, the Sens were really sloppy and turned the puck a lot, and I would have liked it better if the Habs had won this game without having to go to overtime and a shootout, but still... A good game allaround and without Koivy, Tanguay, Price, Higgins etc. Neat shootout goal by Kovalev (reminded me of Koivu) and then Lapierre... Wow! :blink::B)

Yep, I agree.

I credit the Habs collapse tonight to 1 particular play. It happened so fast I didnt get the see the # for sure but it I beleive it was Pacioretty or D'Ags that deserves the Nortel play of the game. The play when Pacioretty or D'Ags was standing way to close to the net that when the puck came he had no chance at scoring or even touching the puck. Instead of a open net Habs goal the Sens got the puck and rushed down and scored to make it 3-2.

I have no idea what the Habs players fascination is with the goal line. Laps has figured out that its not a race to the goal line, Kovy knows it too but not many more demonstrate that they know this. Slow it down and let a play develop instead of rushing a good scoring chance and blowing it.

I have no idea why Pacioretty or D'Ags was standing so close to the net on that play but all of the Habs seem to do it. I hate how the Habs always seem to want to stand so close to the goal line all the time. It drives me crazy. A back door type play is much more effective if your not in the crease or anywhere hovering right beside the goal line or beside the net behind the goal line. Why they dont stand more in front of the net just a few feet off the closest goal post about 3-6 feet in front of the goal line. I can understand that if those areas are being covered by the other teams D but when your wide open your wide open so feel free to make a claim on the available prime real estate.

Screening the goalie.

You want to talk about why the Habs had an apparent collapse? How about three missed breakaways. Put one of those in and the Sens disappear into that good night. Credit Elliott for exceptional goaltending certainly, but oh-for-three is highly disappointing. And a good reason for an opponent to cling to hope.

You want to talk about why the Habs had an apparent collapse? How about three missed breakaways. Put one of those in and the Sens disappear into that good night. Credit Elliott for exceptional goaltending certainly, but oh-for-three is highly disappointing. And a good reason for an opponent to cling to hope.

Maybe, or not. All I know is he left he ice with his underwear around his ankles after the shoot-out. There is undressed and then their is deeked out of your shorts. He ahd both happen to him.