Price, Higgins & SKost = the new 3 Amigos?

KoZed

Apparently, Price, Higgins and SKost have been partying a little too much this season. All 3 would have developed some bad off-ice habits this season, so far so that they're now starting to piss off some of the other players.

Rumor comes from Jean Perron, confirmed by P.J. Stock, apparently backed by a solid source.

I'll know some fans are still gonna file this under "crazy french media gossip", but they're usually the same fans who pray to the Saku shrine they've built in their bedroom...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually heard about this as well...

Stories like this always starts to come out when the team starts to slump. Players get fed up and leak to trusted ex-players/ex-coaches in the medias; or those medias on the beat of the team who usually keep mum about those "private" things (how many stories have I heard about Ribs before it eventually came out in the medias) but when the players starts to really stink they let it all out.

Yeah, I've only heard it about Price straight up... but he and Higgins are close so that's no surprise. I hope it's not true, but usualy if something is being said, something's up.

Also, notice beards all the Habs seem to be growing. Unrelated I know, but I'd like to know the story behind it nonetheless.

Higgins is an easier fix...just don't re-sign him.

I'm under the impression that Higgins is an RFA, so he won't walk at the end of the year (we can tender him a qualifying offer).

Of course, trading him is an option (and we've all heard the rumors).

Note: I am not saying that we should trade him.

:)

I'm under the impression that Higgins is an RFA, so he won't walk at the end of the year (we can tender him a qualifying offer).

Of course, trading him is an option (and we've all heard the rumors).

Note: I am not saying that we should trade him.

:)

I am. ^_^

I've heard rumblings about more than just those 3 guys, but these 3 were definitely front and centre. So far, I attribute it mostly to hearsay, but I also heard La Presse could be publishing something this week about the matter.

So far, the players haven't been missing practice or games as a result, so there isn't a lot the team can pick up on.

Young guys, given boatloads of money, in a city like Montreal. Ya gotta be kidding me!

At least Chelios, Corson and Hayward somewhat deserved to party up...

They could have done it with girls that were legal, but that's a different story...

Even out here in Japan I've heard 3 separate stories of Higgins and Price spottings in Mtl, late nights, etc etc.

I like Higgins a lot, but finally it is a results-based business, and there seem to be others in the pipeline who do more with less. He's playing his way out of town. Still, wonder about KoZed's line suggestion, Higgins-Plex-A Kost, maybe he would get something back.

Ironically I've heard a Habs partying it up story but it didnt invole any of the players.

A friend of mine here in town has a sister that dates a fairly wealthy guy from Montreal and he apparently says that he often sees Carbo out at the high end bars in Montreal.

Ironically I've heard a Habs partying it up story but it didnt invole any of the players.

A friend of mine here in town has a sister that dates a fairly wealthy guy from Montreal and he apparently says that he often sees Carbo out at the high end bars in Montreal.

With the way the team is playing, can you blame him? :lol:

I'm talking aboot Carbo out clubbing it up since he has been the coach, not back in his playing days. Also it isnt a recent thing since they started sucking hard either. The Habs poor play lately isnt why Carbo has been seen out clubbing alot. Carbos been doing it for a while, even at the beginning of the season when they were winning.

I'm talking aboot Carbo out clubbing it up since he has been the coach, not back in his playing days. Also it isnt a recent thing since they started sucking hard either. The Habs poor play lately isnt why Carbo has been seen out clubbing alot. Carbos been doing it for a while, even at the beginning of the season when they were winning.

I was telling you he's been doing since the 80's when he was a player.

So it's not about to change...