Habs @ Flyers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Oh, settle down you...I won't downplay the importance of the faceoffs Koivu has been winning lately

......and he had better be winning them, since he can't seem to put the puck in the net anymore.

(You didn't really think I was going to compliment Koivu, then leave it at that, did you?) ^_^

:P Yours was just the post that was closest to my response. My comment was perhaps a little tongue-in-cheek towards you, but it was a general comment that I would have made anyhow.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it was Koivu leaving that led to the chance. When the Philly player saw Koivu leave, he realized it was a brief chance at a 3 on 3, so he skated up to pressure Kovalev. Unfortunately, he forgot that Kovalev is Kovalev, and Alex made the Flyer look silly with that quick deke.

So don't joke about Koivu leaving... but do note that it helped lead to the goal.

that was very insightful :clap:

that was very insightful :clap:

[shameless plug] and you can read more analysis like that when I write the player grades articles on www.habsworld.net [/shameless plug]

Except I didn't do one for this game... a friend of mine bought Killzone 2, and while throwing grenades, sniping heads and shooting through blood splattered vision... well I lost track of time and missed the first 2 periods of the game.

Well it's more how they play that people get up in arms about.

The D zone coverage was horrible at times against the Flyers. Komi, Hamrlik, Brisby were just awfull.

I think Komi has turned into Rivet, Great the forst few years, physical, now he just pushes people after the whistle, takes penalties and turns the puck over. His salary is going down that's for sure.

Good News last night:

More then 20 shots

2 points

They actually won some big faceoffs.

Pk

They worked hard for the most part and hung around to get some points

Bad:

Defense and turnovers

Stupid penalties

Offense disappeared for long periods of time.

Gave up almost 40 shots again.

It will sound strange but i would give the Sharks game to Price, give Halak a blow and Let Price try to steal one.

I wasn't so happy with the game we played, we won yeah but easily could have lost .. Habs rarely are dominating that has to change if we hope to go far in the playoffs imo

So is Koivu officially reduced to the status of an old Yanic... a top face off guy who has occassional streaks of scoring?

Nothing wrong with that, but it just makes our need for a true number one centre more urgent.

So is Koivu officially reduced to the status of an old Yanic... a top face off guy who has occassional streaks of scoring?

Nothing wrong with that, but it just makes our need for a true number one centre more urgent.

Koivu is a better defensive presence than ol' Yanic, and is a key player on the PK.

Koivu is a better defensive presence than ol' Yanic, and is a key player on the PK.

Probably.. but I bet if you asked around the league.. Koivu is considered in the same class as Yannic, Lang, Smo, etc... a former top guy, winding down, good for a third line guy and 2nd line fill in...

Pleks is another 2/3 guy, depending on his play.

So.. we are still missing the number 1 centre. imo, Koivu is filling in for lang, but without the offense. I think he will get it going more then he has lately, but I truely believe his best days are behind him and we need a replacement. I don't believe that replacement is Pleks (as some do).

And I have always been a Koivu fan, and he will always be one of my favourite habs, but time is marching on...

I think Komi has turned into Rivet, Great the forst few years, physical, now he just pushes people after the whistle, takes penalties and turns the puck over. His salary is going down that's for sure.

Don't get your hopes up on this one. :unsure: