Habs @ Flyers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If bob can swing a top 2 centre, and tanguay plays well on return, we might just be decent for the stretch run.

As much as I am super happy with Halak, we need Price playing well too.

so does Price play tomorrow, or do we ride the hot hand until it flops in exhaustion?

Big 2 points tonite. Habs win baby!!!!

Missed most of the first period, but saw it just in time to see Kovy score.

Awesome game by Halak and great work by the Habs PK. Stopping 2 5on3's. Schneider pays big dividends again.

Komi great at blocking shots, but lately he's been a turnover machine and struggles with the puck.

Hope the Habs can keep it up against the Sharks, as that will be a tough one.

If bob can swing a top 2 centre, and tanguay plays well on return, we might just be decent for the stretch run.

As much as I am super happy with Halak, we need Price playing well too.

so does Price play tomorrow, or do we ride the hot hand until it flops in exhaustion?

right now halak is our #1 goaltender and did nothing tonite to change that. Play em again sam, uh guy

One strategy is to keep Price out long enough he really really wants back in net to prove himself...

hopefully Halak can go on a roll for a few more games, but it might help if this team would tighten up some...

I won't even joke that we only scored when Koivu left..

Actually, it was Koivu leaving that led to the chance. When the Philly player saw Koivu leave, he realized it was a brief chance at a 3 on 3, so he skated up to pressure Kovalev. Unfortunately, he forgot that Kovalev is Kovalev, and Alex made the Flyer look silly with that quick deke.

So don't joke about Koivu leaving... but do note that it helped lead to the goal.

I have to say, it'd be much more interesting if we didn't win faceoffs, particularly important ones, and had to really work for a goal rather than getting control of that puck and then getting the goal as a result of less work. Bad Koivu. BAD.

Bag'o'pucks, I tells ya.

Good game, more happy aboot the 2 points, its to bad it happened in OT and Philly still got 1 point.

I missed 16 mins of the 1st period. No clue what was up with that. I was watching it on a US feed, ESPN and it wasnt on.

Did anybody get to see the Flyers 1st 2 goals? :rolleyes:

I have to say, it'd be much more interesting if we didn't win faceoffs, particularly important ones, and had to really work for a goal rather than getting control of that puck and then getting the goal as a result of less work. Bad Koivu. BAD.

Bag'o'pucks, I tells ya.

Oh, settle down you...I won't downplay the importance of the faceoffs Koivu has been winning lately

......and he had better be winning them, since he can't seem to put the puck in the net anymore.

(You didn't really think I was going to compliment Koivu, then leave it at that, did you?) ^_^

Oh, settle down you...I won't downplay the importance of the faceoffs Koivu has been winning lately

......and he had better be winning them, since he can't seem to put the puck in the net anymore.

(You didn't really think I was going to compliment Koivu, then leave it at that, did you?) ^_^

Koivu can do other things. Like lead!