Can someone explain why.....

Nilan25

every player that come to Montreal with any kind of scoring prowess automatically regresses? We use to be able to blame the so-called defensive system. With our goals against that can't be it. Is it a disease? Is it in the Montreal water? Sometime's it takes a couple seasons, Higgins, Kostitsyns. Sometimes it seems to accelerate to even half a season, Schneider, D'agostini, Pacioretty. I think it should be studied. Maybe there is a vaccine.

None of those guys regressed since coming here. You're actually naming Pacioretty and D'Agostini? They've exceeded all possible expecations. Schneider's been putting up a lot more points since coming here too. The only one to regress was... Trevor Linden.

None of those guys regressed since coming here. You're actually naming Pacioretty and D'Agostini? They've exceeded all possible expecations. Schneider's been putting up a lot more points since coming here too. The only one to regress was... Trevor Linden.

and Niinimaa...

Pacoretty and Dags have gone from points in their first 10 games to not being able to buy a goal. No question of effort, just puzzling. Schneider has gone from on the net to never on the net. Most damning is Ryder scoring 30 goals in Juliens defense first system.

Pacoretty and Dags have gone from points in their first 10 games to not being able to buy a goal. No question of effort, just puzzling. Schneider has gone from on the net to never on the net. Most damning is Ryder scoring 30 goals in Juliens defense first system.

Not too mention the Kost bros who have definitely regressed.

AK is still over 20 goals and getting close to 30. If it was his first year like we all did we were calling for 50. You are bummed because you put high expectations on him.

SK? It's only his second year, he'll find his way back up, but don't expect 30 goals and you won't be disappointed.

It's normal for guys who get a call up or fresh off a trade to rip it up. They are running on adrenaline, excitement, nervousness, proving they're worth, impossible to keep up forever. Sorry

I suppose the goal is to be consistent and have guys going in and out of slumps at different times while you work hard regardless. The strange thing with our guys now is that everyone, and I mean everyone slumped at the exact same time. With all of that, injuries, plus off ice crap this team became a mental train wreck. Gainey is nurturing them back. We are going to be o.k. trust me on that one. Look at Pleks, he's been the first out of the gate. Now Price and Halak. We need to get Kovy going and we will be on our way.

His goal last night was sweet. If we had won the game we would all be praising Kovy's return and swearing we'll win the next 10 games.

Relax

AK is still over 20 goals and getting close to 30. If it was his first year like we all did we were calling for 50. You are bummed because you put high expectations on him.

SK? It's only his second year, he'll find his way back up, but don't expect 30 goals and you won't be disappointed.

It's normal for guys who get a call up or fresh off a trade to rip it up. They are running on adrenaline, excitement, nervousness, proving they're worth, impossible to keep up forever. Sorry

I suppose the goal is to be consistent and have guys going in and out of slumps at different times while you work hard regardless. The strange thing with our guys now is that everyone, and I mean everyone slumped at the exact same time. With all of that, injuries, plus off ice crap this team became a mental train wreck. Gainey is nurturing them back. We are going to be o.k. trust me on that one. Look at Pleks, he's been the first out of the gate. Now Price and Halak. We need to get Kovy going and we will be on our way.

His goal last night was sweet. If we had won the game we would all be praising Kovy's return and swearing we'll win the next 10 games.

Thanks for the buck up! You make some good points. Just find the whole thing went from optimism to sh__t. Also, I have been identified as a Habs fan for so long I am being fed a lot of crow!

Relax

Yeah, but these guys have regressed from the success they've had in Montreal. You seemed to be making the argument that stars from other teams come to Montreal and suddenly suck. It's more like our established players are just having weak seasons.

As for Schneider, with his 2 assists last night, I think he's nearly a PPG since coming to Montreal. I think 11 points in 13 or 14 games. That's very good considering he's well past his prime and wasn't having the greatest season in Atlanta.

I say it partially has to do with the defensive 1st system the Habs play. The same thing has happened in NJ with several players to but it definitely happens more with the Habs. I think the main difference between the Habs defesive 1st system vs NJ is that the Devils at least press on where as the Habs primarily just dump the puck in the other teams end when they do a line change.

Puck possession is a big part of hockey and the Habs just hand the puck over a lot of the time when they do a line change. All it takes is for 1 player to take the puck deep into the other teams end and wait for others to join the play. With their fresh legs they could keep the puck in the offensive longer creating more chances. A lot of teams score a lot of goals from 1 player that presses on with the Habs being the exception.

Forecheck is what I notice a lot of teams do to have success against the habs, and when we do press and forecheck we have success ourselves. I can't believe they're not doing it more.

They are too slow and soft to forecheck. Forechecking takes guts, speed and a willingness to get dirty in the corners. Therfore, the habs have like 2 of those guys.

The reason it's easy to forecheck the habs D is they are very slow, they don't want to take hit to make a play, there passing sucks, and the forwards are normally now where to be found.

Linden WAS a Canadien? Christ, I thought that was a bad dream.

Edited by zeous