The Habsworld.net 2009 Playoff Thread

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a letdown that game 7 was. Damn.

O well, it was a very exciting serie for the first 6 games.

• 2 weeks later...
Aw crap. Now I gotta root for Pittsburgh :puke:

and they shall win in 5 games !!

Man, what a HORRIBLE finals schedule. There's no excuse for playing back-to-back games in the finals. For years the cable provider of the league has shown games 1 and 2 and then their network partner has done game 3 through 7. But they let NBC convince them to let them cover games 1 and 2 and make them back-to-back. That means Versus will be showing games 3 and 4, so if there is a sweep, the deciding game of the series won't even be on network television in the states.

No kidding, eh? What if Game 1 goes to triple OT? There should be absolutely no possibility of back-to-back in the playoffs, let alone the finals. Money and ratings be damned, the execs must not know or care what kind of toll playoff hockey takes on an athlete.

I was irked enough with the Yanni thing, but this takes the cake.

No kidding, eh? What if Game 1 goes to triple OT? There should be absolutely no possibility of back-to-back in the playoffs, let alone the finals. Money and ratings be damned, the execs must not know or care what kind of toll playoff hockey takes on an athlete.

I was irked enough with the Yanni thing, but this takes the cake.

You can't blame the NHL for that, you gotta blame the Penguins. They're the ones who scheduled too many events, which forced the league to alter the schedule. Yanni shouldn't have had to cancel, but at the same time, they should have scheduled around it by giving 2 off days instead of none.

The finals, though, can be pinned squarely on the league. Doing a little research, all along the plan was for games 1 and 2 to be played on consecutive days. The league originally planned to start the finals with games on June 5th and 6th. Absurd that they let NBC talk them into this.

You can't blame the NHL for that, you gotta blame the Penguins. They're the ones who scheduled too many events, which forced the league to alter the schedule. Yanni shouldn't have had to cancel, but at the same time, they should have scheduled around it by giving 2 off days instead of none.

The finals, though, can be pinned squarely on the league. Doing a little research, all along the plan was for games 1 and 2 to be played on consecutive days. The league originally planned to start the finals with games on June 5th and 6th. Absurd that they let NBC talk them into this.

I meant to say that I blame the Pens' execs for the Yanni debacle.

I meant to say that I blame the Pens' execs for the Yanni debacle.

Yeah, I don't care for WWE and hate Vince McMahon, but it was BS that the Nuggest kicked them out of the arena instead of modifying the schedule.

Yeah, I don't care for WWE and hate Vince McMahon, but it was BS that the Nuggest kicked them out of the arena instead of modifying the schedule.

Who cares, that debacle made for a hell of an entertaining RAW this week.

I never thought I'd see Batista in basketball shorts, lol

Who cares, that debacle made for a hell of an entertaining RAW this week.

I never thought I'd see Batista in basketball shorts, lol

I watched wrestling for the first time in a long time after seeing Vince dog the Nuggets on a clip on Sportscentre.

Bog Show looked ridiculous in a basketball jersey. When the hell did Lawler get back into actively wrestling?