April 22th, 2009 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game 4 Thread

Cataclaw

Nonsense. He is embarrassed and if you aren't jeering or booing him, then why would you take offense?

That is like me taking offense to it, I didn't jeer the guy.

With all the chips Gainey put on Price, it's maddening to see where the kid is heading and the attitude he has. That gesture was another example of it. I'm not really mad at Price himself. He's a kid, he doesnt know better. I'm mad at the way he has been handled by the staff. Isnt there any guy that can take him aside and screw his head on right? He's left to his own devices in all sense of the term.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telling off fans IS disrespectful. It's not like he was booed by the entire building. A couple of fans cheer and he pulls that stuff. Unprofessional. He has to suck it up. It only showed what the entire season showed: the kid is immature. It's not entirely his fault however. He should have been better surrounded, better mentored, and most of all better protected. Let's hope he sucks it up.

And to all you people blaming the fans again: look at the product on the ice. If you had paid 300$ to watch that, you'd have every right to boo the team. Players around the league keep saying that the building is the loudest and the ambiance the best in the league. You just sound jealous of the fans because you wished the team would be in your city.

yea of course montreal got the best fans, the best building and everyone whats to come here, wait they dont, even the guys that grow up there whats nothing to do with the team...open your eyes..the media sucks there only a couple of days ago they were reporting that playes didnt what to play because they were ufa and then what to get hurt..its a joke..

I don't buy that. Expectations were created by no one other than the fans and media themselves. Now they are upset because an injury-riddled, 8th seed team is losing to one of the NHL's elite? Give me a break. I'm sick of the shit that goes on in the city. No wonder Lecavalier wants to stay in Tampa. I don't blame him.

The org also set expectations, it was not all the fans fault. True, when ever someone like me suggested that we were not the best in the east and this could be a bad season, we were called many names, including "non-fans". :lol:

The best way to a winning team is for everyone, especially the management, to be realistic and if anything, pessimistic. Blind optimism usually results in not taking the actions needed to match the beliefs.

This team needs some major work in the off season. I hear a lot of commentators suggesting that Gainey will walk and would have to be talked into staying, which is unfortunate. Let's hope that the new team in the Fall looks more like the current Boston team, and less like the Leafs.

It's like what they say about college football, and it applies to the Habs: whats the best thing about college football? The fans. What's the worst thing about college football? The fans...

I know plenty of fanbases who would not have done what they did.

With all the chips Gainey put on Price, it's maddening to see where the kid is heading and the attitude he has. That gesture was another example of it. I'm not really mad at Price himself. He's a kid, he doesnt know better. I'm mad at the way he has been handled by the staff. Isnt there any guy that can take him aside and screw his head on right? He's left to his own devices in all sense of the term.

That's the best argument I can think of for the Habs dealing away Halak and bringing in a Veteran goalie to actually mentor Price.

This is the problem now, who would want to come and play here?

I have heard every team in this league get booed, often when they fans don't see effort. Montreal is not special, just louder. :)

yea of course montreal got the best fans, the best building and everyone whats to come here, wait they dont, even the guys that grow up there whats nothing to do with the team...open your eyes..the media sucks there only a couple of days ago they were reporting that playes didnt what to play because they were ufa and then what to get hurt..its a joke..

That is so cliché and used, it's laughable.

I bet you also think it's the fans & medias that killed JFK.

That's the best argument I can think of for the Habs dealing away Halak and bringing in a Veteran goalie to actually mentor Price.

Or deal Price for a franchise forward.

Anyway, he's in nets for the 3rd. Like I said, Gainey decided he would die with him.

Bring on the comeback!

It's difficult, as low as my expectations were going i, and lowered when Tanguay and Schneider went down, this still feels awful and unacceptable.

Don't blame Price, Bob f'd this one up and shouldn't have even started him. Shocking, Bob looks like he doesn't want to be here and wants out, no wonder. Dealing with all the tossers who play for us, I don't blame him!

Deal Price for a franchise forward.

Despite his play this year, I am still not convinced that Halak is or will be the better goalie. I simply believe Price's ceiling is much higher.

I have heard every team in this league get booed, often when they fans don't see effort. Montreal is not special, just louder. :)

Yeah it's just they don't have to speak to 50 reporters after the game and hear about it for the next week after on the radio and tv and in the newspapers. Not to mention anybody they walk by on the street. Rivet said it when he went to SJ, there was one reporter after the game in the dressing room.

Despite his play this year, I am still not convinced that Halak is or will be the better goalie. I simply believe Price's ceiling is much higher.

With us, or somewhere else? Serious question.

I fear for the kid, I really do.

Need a 1st-line ctr, a second-line ctr, a top-4 puck-moving d-man...familiar refrains.

Kovalev back as 2nd-line wing and pp man.

Ya know. Watching Ryder give it to the Habs makes me rethink things.

No more trading players away. Lest it be to the KHL, and only if they never meet for any reason.

Ryder another in the seemingly endless line of players coming back to kill this team. Leclair, Grabovski, Ryder......ok do I can't think of anymore. Ya get the idea

I think Streit got back at us indirectly, by playing very well any turning out to be the type of player we sorely needed.

I think so too, but I worry he is going to see a bit of a down period before he gets better... I say we let Halak go somewhere and get a chance. He won't here, that is clear.

The Laps line has been disappointing. Should have pinched in offensively more than that. They carried the team most of the season so I cant cut them some slack, but you need your 3rd line to help out... and not be pinned down in their zone so much.

That is so cliché and used, it's laughable.

I bet you also think it's the fans & medias that killed JFK.

give me a reason then why we cant sign ufa, guys from montreal dont what to come here, and guys cant wait to leave..your laughable with your blindness..stop watching rds and use your head..montreal isnot the the best place to play with the best fans lol

I wanna watch the end of this just to see how the fans send off the team.

Is there any doubt... they're clearly going to boo them off the ice... Im just curious if these classless malcontents throw things on the ice and riots in the streets when its all over.