April 22th, 2009 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game 4 Thread

Cataclaw

Ryder was given every chance to succeed last year. He had 14 goals last year, do you think the habs should have given him 4.5 million for 14 goals? If that's the case, we're gonna be in big trouble in the off season because we have more than a few 14 or so goal scorers this year.

I don't believe that is true. He did struggle at times, but so has Koivu and Kovalev, etc. At the start of last year, he was told by Carbo to focus on the defensive side of his game, this of course screwed him up.

I remember many times last year when Ryder would play a great game, even score, and be in the press box anyway. That is not giving a guy every chance. If the same standard was applied to the rest of this team, most guys would be in the press box right now.

The guy had several 30 goal seasons for us, and when he struggles, he gets dumped. I don't know what happened in the background, but I saw an interview with his CJ and he said "all I had to do was remind him that he was a good scorer, and let him know that I had his back..". There was something between Carbo and Ryder, and who knows why.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched a pile of Bruin's games this year (my buddy makes me) and he is the real deal. He makes tonnes of amazing saves. His technique is unconventional and even sloppy, but he gets the job done. People slagged Hasek for years because he wasn't a butterfly, down on his knees, look big goalie.

Just because the ladies who play for the habs can't shot from the slot doesn't mean that the other teams Thomas played this year couldn't. He played about 50 other games. He was number 4 last year in sv% too. That is not luck, nor is it all defense. After Chara, they are pretty weak.

So have I, and he does NOT face the quality of shots that the majority of goaltenders do.

Goaltenders do not improve their numbers that dramatically at the age of 33 to 35. Don't even compare him to Hasek

that is ridiculous.

Amazing saves do not make you a good goaltender, amazing saves are usually the result of overpursing a puck

and having to scramble back.

Thomas was brutal when the Bruins were brutal and now looks great when the Bruins are great. Hasek MADE some

poor Buffalo teams look like contenders, he won 6 Vezinas, there is NO comparison.

If you want a reason for his great numbers. Here is a hint, his name rhymes with Flawed Boolean.

Edited by Wamsley01

Ryder was given every chance to succeed last year. He had 14 goals last year, do you think the habs should have given him 4.5 million for 14 goals? If that's the case, we're gonna be in big trouble in the off season because we have more than a few 14 or so goal scorers this year.

he had 14 goals playing on the third and four line, when he was playing..being a good gm is looking at all the number ..just not one bad year..where he was miss use by his coach..

he had 14 goals playing on the third and four line, when he was playing..being a good gm is looking at all the number ..just not one bad year..where he was miss use by his coach..

Wottttt????

Carbo was an AMAZING coach..... :blink:

So have I, and he does NOT face the quality of shots that the majority of goaltenders do.

Goaltenders do not improve their numbers that dramatically at the age of 33 to 35. Don't even compare him to Hasek

that is ridiculous.

Amazing saves do not make you a good goaltender, amazing saves are usually the result of overpursing a puck

and having to scramble back.

Thomas was brutal when the Bruins were brutal and now looks great when the Bruins are great. Hasek MADE some

poor Buffalo teams look like contenders, he won 6 Vezinas, there is NO comparison.

If you want a reason for his great numbers. Here is a hint, his name rhymes with Flawed Boolean.

LOL, believe what you want. He has been late to the party, but he is not nearly as bad as you think. All Goalies look better with decent defense, but that is not enough to overcome a bad goalie. Thomas is in the top 5 of this league right now. He is a better goalie (right now) then your boy Price. If you want to believe otherwise, go right ahead. You will continue to be dissappointed.

i mean obviously Ryder has had a great year, but that's horsesh!t. Carbo had Ryder on the first line for the first 20 games or so last year and he scored like 3 goals... he got demoted because he wasn't producing, not because Carbo was an idiot.

i agree his not a idiot, he had a plan for every game, he just forgot to tell the players.. :rolleyes:

Does anyone beside me have the feeling that despite the injuries, we could have been up 2-1 in the series? :blink: :blink:

And we have blown a great start with stupid mistakes.........again

Edited by rafikz

Does anyone beside me have the feeling that despite the injuries, we could have been up 2-1 in the series? :blink: :blink:

And we have blown a great start with stupid mistakes.........again

No. To be honest, I think Boston is playing down to our level a bit. They are cranking it up at will and winning. I don't think we have seen them at their best.

If Boston goes down, it will be because they hit a hot goalie on a physical team. Maybe Pitts, or Philly, or Carolina.

Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole, Ole

Can't watch anymore. Too Heat broken. Too Embarrassing

yah im finding it painful to keep watching... the thought of no more habs hockey until October is devastating.

I hope next season we get some better players who care, and maybe we can draft some fans that care too.

My comments do not make me not a fan, they make me an honest fan. Nothing I have said on these boards caused our guys to suck... You believing them are awesome when they are not, doesn't help them.

When I am in the rink, I am cheering load and drunkenly for them. I don't come here to listen to blind love. :)

this team is done, i dont think they like each other, i think there to many quiters, even our big fighter dont fight..its been a hard year..i feel bad for price, he really loves this team and whats to win..now if we could find a defense that could clear the front of the net..the best part of the year was watching laps come in his own..

I would just like to see our guys get one of the chances that the Bruins had on every one of their goals tonight. Just one. Haven't seen a chance like that the entire series. Yeah defense doesn't play a huge part in sv% at all. :rolleyes:

Not keeping the puck in at the line from our D sums up our season nicely.

I didn't mean you Brob I meant the fans at the arena, they are acting classless, and I'm embarrased by them.