New mask for Price

dlbalr

Haha.. I noticed Gorges # too lol. And Laraque's 17 and the 24. 3 numbers that dont fit with the other ones.

Oh and what about drawing Ken Dryden instead of.. Plante or Roy? hehe

Anyways, looks like a mask for the 100th. Hope so

The numbers represent 12 blueliners through Habs history. Guess they wanted to put up a current Habs player and his friendship with Gorges won out over the more ideal choice: Markov.

26 might stood for Josh Gorges, but could also stand for Mats Naslund, or him Pierre Bouchard. 17 for John LeClair, Craig Luwig, Rod Langway, Jean-Guy Talbot, Murray Wilson or Ken Reardon. 24 for Chris Chelios, Carol Vadnais or Lyle Odelein.

Why 2x #19. That's my question. Robinson +?

"I could do 100 masks and not celebrate all the Canadiens greats of the past century," Arrigo said. "So we all decided that it would be fun to honour defencemen of two of the team's Hall of Fame goaltenders - Plante and Worsley."

A dozen numbers of former Canadiens blueliners appear on red, white and blue banners on the sides, with Montreal's skyline appearing on the forehead and the club's 100 Seasons logo on the chin.

It's a very cool mask.

From his deliberate and calculated echo of Roy's f*ck-you to the Bell Centre crowd, to this interesting evocation of the Gumper - a comparatively obscure goalie by the Habs' epic standards (Vezina, Durnan, Plante, Dryden, Roy) - it sounds Mr. Price has a real awareness in his predecessors and the history of the Habs. Having players who identify with the CH in all its richness can only be to the good if you ask me.

It's a very cool mask.

From his deliberate and calculated echo of Roy's f*ck-you to the Bell Centre crowd, to this interesting evocation of the Gumper - a comparatively obscure goalie by the Habs' epic standards (Vezina, Durnan, Plante, Dryden, Roy) - it sounds Mr. Price has a real awareness in his predecessors and the history of the Habs. Having players who identify with the CH in all its richness can only be to the good if you ask me.

Maybe Price relates to Worsley's nervous breakdown in the late 60's. :P

What I find somewhat ironic is that Worsley was fiercely opposed to goalie masks and was one of the last goalie to play without one. Now there he is on one.

I'm just happy Randy Travis and Hank Williams aren't on it . . .

To be quite honest, that would've been a massive improvement on Garth Brooks and George Strait. As long as it was the first Hank Williams. I think Robert Esche had Hank Williams III on his mask... that was absolutely terrible.