NHL season thread

JoeLassister

Where are you watching? I saw no guy with a flag there. I know it's not really me because I'm around like the 3 minute mark or something but I'd atleast like to get the joke here. :(

It was a woman :P I watched the shootout highlights only, as I thought that's what you were referencing.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is is that this kind of interaction between refs and players (and coaches) are commonplace. Auger was just stupid enough to come out and say it.

this Auger thing is starting to get to me..the less the nhl does about it the more it makes me think it is true and the nhl is doing a cover up...not that this as happen but if the nhl is covering it up,its a good chance it as more to hind...auger went and talk to Burrows before the game..auger made 2 bad calls on burrows at the end of the game..auger was made to look like a fool in the nas call..this is all true..so why dont the nhl listen to the kid...what did auger say in his defs????the nhl is covering this up for sure..

It's no secret that this will be dealt with internally and quietly. The refs union will be involved but in the end Auger will probably be penalized, although what the penalty is will not be made public.

i think the longer this go on, the more ex nhl players that comes out with their storys..because the guys still playing are scared to..this guy fixed a game..if the nhl dont firer this guy it makes it look like the whole nhl is fixed..

From what I've seen so far, I prefer by 30000000 MILES how Pouliot fits with Gionta and Gomez. He brings something that Guillaume was not able to bring : Top 2 lines talent.

This is mainly because of Pouliot's speed.

But I always liked Latendresse and was not happy to see him go first. Glad that he can produce on a line where the speed is not the key of the strategie.

Another point some seem to be missing about Lats' play in Minny is his INCREASED icetime........It's much easier to hit the scoresheet when you're on the ice

And Benny was coming off an injury, and was eased into the lineup

Edited by kenadian

Pavel Datsuyk pulled the Linus Omark's move today against Niemi.

This shit is nice !

yeah i saw that this afternoon

when you watch it live its so awesome

Another point some seem to be missing about Lats' play in Minny is his INCREASED icetime........It's much easier to hit the scoresheet when you're on the ice

And Benny was coming off an injury, and was eased into the lineup

More proof that the CH did a bad job with Lats

Another point some seem to be missing about Lats' play in Minny is his INCREASED icetime........It's much easier to hit the scoresheet when you're on the ice.

All that tells me is that Minny has done a better job of putting him into a position to succeed. Montreal mismanaged Gui from the beginning. His rookie year, he had clearly earned a chance with the big club. However, the team made a big mistake by making it clear early on that they would not return him to juniors. On top of that, they played him almost exclusively in an unfamiliar role with low minutes. Asking a kid to earn his minutes is one thing, but not by putting a guy in a situation which will only expose his weaknesses. What should have happened is that they played him on a top 2 line with solid minutes for the 9 game trial before his contract kicked in. If he played well in a familiar role, then keep him around and work on the rest of his game. If he struggled even in a role he knew well, then it would have been more than clear that he wasn't ready. Instead, he spent nearly his entire rookie season, and most of his Montreal career, playing a defensive role, when he was drafted to be an offensive player.

That being said, Pouliot has played well and will hopefully cause this trade to be an even one.

All that tells me is that Minny has done a better job of putting him into a position to succeed. Montreal mismanaged Gui from the beginning. His rookie year, he had clearly earned a chance with the big club. However, the team made a big mistake by making it clear early on that they would not return him to juniors. On top of that, they played him almost exclusively in an unfamiliar role with low minutes. Asking a kid to earn his minutes is one thing, but not by putting a guy in a situation which will only expose his weaknesses. What should have happened is that they played him on a top 2 line with solid minutes for the 9 game trial before his contract kicked in. If he played well in a familiar role, then keep him around and work on the rest of his game. If he struggled even in a role he knew well, then it would have been more than clear that he wasn't ready. Instead, he spent nearly his entire rookie season, and most of his Montreal career, playing a defensive role, when he was drafted to be an offensive player.

That being said, Pouliot has played well and will hopefully cause this trade to be an even one.

+1 on every count.

And did you know Koivu didn't want to play with Lats last season? he even asked Carbo to transfer him to another line

Edited by rafikz

Really? I missed that one, where did you hear that?

My sources ^_^

Marc De Foy on l'attaque a 5 and Francois Gagnon

It's a bit ironic since he is doing well with the other Koivu

Edited by rafikz

Dumb and Dumber working the TOR/TB game tonight................Auger AND Lee reffing the same game :blink:

And the powerplays decide the game... Hmm....