[Game Thread] New York Rangers @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

I would trade Spacek. You aren't going to trade Hammer and his big contract. Spaceman has not impressed me in the least. He usually plays on his left side though doesn't he? That's why it hurts to have O'byrne down. I think Spacek on the left side might be a much different player. I wold support trading Hammer, I just don't think it will happen with that big contract.

+1 on Bergeron. Big value for the dollar right now.

Agreed. I have been thoroughly disappointed by Spacek's first 10 games. By the way, Hamrlik's contract ends next year....he's in the 3rd year of a 4 year contract.

You have to be severely wisdom-impaired to wanna trade a highly-respected, proven vet like Spacek just because he's not Andrei Markov after 10 games. You dont give up on guys like him like this. That's not a green rookie or washed up broken-down Janne Niiniimaa you're talking about. It's the #1 D in Buffalo last season. He'll hit his strides eventually once he adapts to playing on the right side.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spacek has been solid. We brought him in to be our #3 d-man and he's had to perform as our #2 d-man. It makes a big difference.

He's been solid defensively, especially along the boards, and he's a decent point man that can actually shoot pucks on goal. He's one of the many players that will get a big boost once Markov comes back

Spacek has been solid. We brought him in to be our #3 d-man and he's had to perform as our #2 d-man. It makes a big difference.

He's been solid defensively, especially along the boards, and he's a decent point man that can actually shoot pucks on goal. He's one of the many players that will get a big boost once Markov comes back

Decent player, but thus far I haven't seen this 'decent point man' or many signs of this mysterious guy who got 45 points last season. BUT it's early and he is playing on the right side, so time will tell.

I would argue for trading him ONLY in order to clear up cap room for necessary future moves, not as a goal in and of itself. If we weren't at the cap I would agree that moving him would be dumb; but he might be the first regular I would target if I were looking to clear cap space after Markov comes back.

"Kosty" and "intimidates" should never go together in the same sentence. You think the Bruins talk in the lockerroom before the game telling each other "Watch out for that Kostitsyn guy, he's a fearsome hitting machine!". He's only dangerous because his hits are like deers in the middle of the road: there's not supposed to be there and caught you by surprise.

Using YouTube as some sort of standard is funny. You basically just underlined how much Kosty is not playing physically enough: it's so rare you have to check YouTube to see him hit guys around. Want to see Lats hits, just watch the next Habs game.

I didn't say that Kostitsyn was intimidating. He isn't, nor is Latendresse.

Most big hits are put up on YouTube. It follows that players who make the most big hits (playing in the same market) will have the most videos of them making big hits on YouTube. Like I said, Gui makes more hits, but his biggest hits aren't as impressive as Kostitsyn's biggest hits.

I didn't say that Kostitsyn was intimidating. He isn't, nor is Latendresse.

Most big hits are put up on YouTube. It follows that players who make the most big hits (playing in the same market) will have the most videos of them making big hits on YouTube. Like I said, Gui makes more hits, but his biggest hits aren't as impressive as Kostitsyn's biggest hits.

BTH, you're trying to make a rule out of exceptions and you're stretching the definition of certain expression. Kosty isnt a physical force. A physical force is a constant. Lats is a physical force because every time he steps on the ice he's a threat to nail a guy, and opposing D-men are constantly aware of that threat. Same with Lapierre and Moen, or the Ruutus or Artyukhin. Those guys are physical forces. Every time they step on the ice, you know you're in danger of getting hit with force. Remember

? That hit was fierce, but it doesnt automatically make Campbell a physical force.

Yes, Kostitsyn is strong and can really nail guys when he wants, but that is the exception that confirms the rule that he's not a physical force because he's not a constant threat and opposing Dmen dont have to always worry about being nailed by him.

BTH, you're trying to make a rule out of exceptions and you're stretching the definition of certain expression. Kosty isnt a physical force. A physical force is a constant. Lats is a physical force because every time he steps on the ice he's a threat to nail a guy, and opposing D-men are constantly aware of that threat. Same with Lapierre and Moen, or the Ruutus or Artyukhin. Those guys are physical forces. Every time they step on the ice, you know you're in danger of getting hit with force. Remember
? That hit was fierce, but it doesnt automatically make Campbell a physical force.

Yes, Kostitsyn is strong and can really nail guys when he wants, but that is the exception that confirms the rule that he's not a physical force because he's not a constant threat and opposing Dmen dont have to always worry about being nailed by him.

Well, I never really said that Kostitsyn was a physical force (although he IS third on the team in hits). I said both that he was no less of a physical force than Gui (which you've jumped on) and that it was absurd to say that it's the first time in his career that he's using his body (which you've ignored).

You are all wrong.. neither Kosts or Lats scares anyone. Lats makes a lot of little hits, but most are useless. I don't see anyone avoid him in the corners, or even worry about him.

Kosts doesn't hit unless he is trying to get revenge on someone. He never goes in the corners physically, nor do opponents worry about him in the least.

Our little line is scarier, not be cause they hit, but because they constantly chase and engage, stripping guys of the puck. They don't intimidate however.

Moen, Metro, Lats, Laps.. when playing hard do cycle the boards well, but I don't think that is in an intimidating way. They are more tenacious then pugnacious. ;)

You are all wrong.. neither Kosts or Lats scares anyone. Lats makes a lot of little hits, but most are useless. I don't see anyone avoid him in the corners, or even worry about him.

Kosts doesn't hit unless he is trying to get revenge on someone. He never goes in the corners physically, nor do opponents worry about him in the least.

Our little line is scarier, not be cause they hit, but because they constantly chase and engage, stripping guys of the puck. They don't intimidate however.

Moen, Metro, Lats, Laps.. when playing hard do cycle the boards well, but I don't think that is in an intimidating way. They are more tenacious then pugnacious. ;)

Have to agree with all of that/

He's been solid defensively, especially along the boards, and he's a decent point man that can actually shoot pucks on goal.

He was directly responsible for both Islander goals on monday...especially the 2nd one where he coughed up the puck right at the side of Halak's Net!

I know the habs won't trade him immediately, I'm just saying that I've been disappointed with his play up til now...I hope he,ll be able to adapt soon enough!