[Game Thread] MONTREAL CANADIENS @ Pittsburgh Penguins

KoZed

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A pretty ugly effort from our boys, wasn't it? One of those that you burn the film and move on...

You aren't kidding there. Everyone was scared of the puck tonight. I hav never seen that many giveaways in a single game. Poor old Martin ran his pen out of ink tonight.

Whattttt was that? You cant just leave Crosby alone in the crease like that! WTF guys!

Price doesn't get that loss right? The Habs would have had to score 4 goals for that to happen. Reason I ask is because the TSN ticker has Price saddled with the loss.

Since the game was lost while Halak was still in the net, it should go to him, yeah.

Doesnt really matter.. no goalie on Earth could had made the habs win tonight.

Since the game was lost while Halak was still in the net, it should go to him, yeah.

Doesnt really matter.. no goalie on Earth could had made the habs win tonight.

+1

You have to wonder is it the the Pens are that much better than us, or we played that poorly. Probably a little of both I suppose.

With the Isles beating the Rangers tonight, was our achievement really that good. (beating the Rags that is) Since they only have 1 win in their last 4.

The Rags were without Gaborik tough. He's by far their best forward.

+1

You have to wonder is it the the Pens are that much better than us, or we played that poorly. Probably a little of both I suppose.

With the Isles beating the Rangers tonight, was our achievement really that good. (beating the Rags that is) Since they only have 1 win in their last 4.

this is known as navel gazing :lol:

I wonder if we are moving Halak. I know there are rumours about Price and we are all shooting them down but now I'm worried about Price.

Houston, we may have a problem. Price gave the public comment that Halak should play against Pittsburgh. Last night I heard Paul Steigerwald and Bob Errey (Announcer and Colour Commentary for Pens) said that Price had a tantrum after practice and slammed the door almost injuring someone attempting to walk through it behind him. So, Price freaks privately but states publically that Halak should start.

This has me worried. I'm also getting tired of the pouting

I wonder if we are moving Halak. I know there are rumours about Price and we are all shooting them down but now I'm worried about Price.

Houston, we may have a problem. Price gave the public comment that Halak should play against Pittsburgh. Last night I heard Paul Steigerwald and Bob Errey (Announcer and Colour Commentary for Pens) said that Price had a tantrum after practice and slammed the door almost injuring someone attempting to walk through it behind him. So, Price freaks privately but states publically that Halak should start.

Who knows. I don't think Price has a lot of confidence right now, but the media is looking for anything to cause a fuss.

People freak out about trading Price, but to me it all depends on who you are getting for him. I still doubt he will be traded any time soon. I am not convinced Halak is going anywhere just yet. No one is desperate enough to pull the trigger.

I just hope that the team doesn't lose confidence in Price. Remember that a lot of them just met him, and if they don't see a good attitude soon they may not have much loyalty to him.

Price really is in a no win situation here. Pubically support his teamate, gets blasted for not having the 'fire', apparently gets pissed off and gets ripped for having 'the fire'.

A game to forget, but it happens.

We're still at .500... for a new team, without its best player, still learning to play together and develop chemistry, it ain't too bad at all.

Lets have a beer to wash out the bad taste this game left in our mouths and get the job done in Chicago.

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

You have to be careful about believing these rumours. Remember the Gomez had a fight with Sergei rumour?

Well one good news, both Ottawa and Boston lost tonight, meaning the Habs aint loosing too much ground in the division.

Buffalo 15

Ottawa 14

Habs 12

Ruins 11

Laffs 4

Edited by Jean

I didn't get to post due to a blizzard but a few thoughts. That was 1 ugly game. That was basically a complete no show.

Some bad habits are starting to come back, even though they beat the Isles the bad habits were there that night as well.

Defense backing up too far

losing battles

soft on the puck

physical play has all but vanished

Too many fly by's, this isn't "Top Gun"

Is it just me or do all the habs players hate Price, so during the hot streak Halak wasn't run over in like 5 game, Price gets in, gets ran over twice with no response and they give a clear break away, i haven't seen that in like 5 games.

They better get there heads on straight and play a good one against a tired Chicago team.

I didn't get to post due to a blizzard but a few thoughts. That was 1 ugly game. That was basically a complete no show.

Some bad habits are starting to come back, even though they beat the Isles the bad habits were there that night as well.

Defense backing up too far

losing battles

soft on the puck

physical play has all but vanished

Too many fly by's, this isn't "Top Gun"

Is it just me or do all the habs players hate Price, so during the hot streak Halak wasn't run over in like 5 game, Price gets in, gets ran over twice with no response and they give a clear break away, i haven't seen that in like 5 games.

They better get there heads on straight and play a good one against a tired Chicago team.

They didn't do much to help Halak in that game either. Crosby scored twice after being left alone in front of Halak. I don't think it has anything to do with Halak or Price, just a bad game by the team in front of them. As for running, Halak was scored on after cooke went through the crease and knocked him.. no one did a thing on that either, including the ref.

Really? i must have missed that one.

Yea, i didn't mean Halak had a chance, i am one of the few posters who think goaltending is not a problem regardless of who plays, the top line i don't have a problem with either, they can't dominate every night, especially on the road. Others need to step up.

I noticed the forwards cherry picking too far from the D again. As of right now without Markov we do not have the long pass threat, so the forwards have to come back and help the D out so they aren't heavily forechecked and forced to give up the puck on a rushed passing attempt.

They didn't do much to help Halak in that game either. Crosby scored twice after being left alone in front of Halak. I don't think it has anything to do with Halak or Price, just a bad game by the team in front of them. As for running, Halak was scored on after cooke went through the crease and knocked him.. no one did a thing on that either, including the ref.

Martin keeps proving what a valuable addition he's been. Apparently (according to the Gazette), he was barking at the players quite a bit at practice yesterday. This is one coach who simply is not gonna allow lazy, soft play.

You have to be careful about believing these rumours. Remember the Gomez had a fight with Sergei rumour?
I heard this myself during the broadcast and the tantrum was witnessed and reported directly from Bob Errey. Edited by Athlétique.Canadien