[Game Thread] Calgary Flames @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic....can't even socre a freakin' goal! 3 goals in 3 games...not gonna win alot of games with that kind of offence!

Damn, I'm frustrated! :angry: :nono: :wall::wall::wall:

Edited by Habsfan

Pathetic....can't even socre a freakin' goal! 3 goals in 3 games...not gonna win alot of games with that kind of offence!

technically, 2 in 3 games... the shootout one shouldn't count.

The PP is pathetic. Nobody can finish!

I'm getting this sinking feeling that teh Habs don't have what it takes to beat a good team like the flames...

Then you are still more optimistic then me. I don't think they have what it takes to beat a bad team - i guess we'll find out thursday against phoenix - yeah i know phoenix has a better record then the habs, but really i think its a team playing beyond expectations or their skill level. Too bad we can't say the same about the habs :angry:

Edited by hab29RETIRED

This is the montreal forwards...3 of our D is injured don't forget.

The D hasn't been our problem lately. We can't seem to get any secondary scoring. Hell, we can'T even get any goals from our 18 million$ line!

Edited by Habsfan

Then you are still more optimistic then me. I don't think they have what it takes to beat a bad team - i guess we'll find out thursday against phoenix - yeah i know phoenix has a better record then the habs, but really i think its a team playing beyond expectations or their skill level.

Funny you should say that. Most people who know me, would say that i'm a pessimist...although i prefer to call it realism!! ;);)

I love this team. Grew up watching them with my grand-father. THere are no other teams i cheer for...not even when the habs are eliminated...it would be blasphemy to cheer for someone else. I'm frustratd, but I tell myself that this is what I was expecting at the beginning of the year. When the season started, I predicted the Habs would be 8-10-2. If we can pick up one win in the next 2 games, they will be better off than what I expected! But that's only IF they can win one of the next two games!

Edited by Habsfan

The D hasn't been our problem lately. We can't seem to get any secondary scoring. Hell, we can'T even get any goals from our 18 million$ line!

Well, they are pretty easy to defend against when they are the only dangerous line. Until we get a second line that is dangerous, teams will just put all their top defensive guys out to smother our top line then let their other lines get the goal or two they need. As I pointed out earlier, Crosby can't buy a goal since Malkin went down and teams are just hanging all over him.

to me the biggest issue is not the expensive line we have, its the inability of any of our kids to contribute to the team. You must have your prospects develop in this league or you are simply going to suck. The cap has ended the days of buying an entire team as free agents.

This is the montreal forwards...3 of our D is injured don't forget.

Markov, Cammy, Gomez and Gionta wrap up 23M for the forseeable future.

Who or what is going to make this team better than a team battling for 8th?

Gainey has two bullets left in his gun.

SK 74 and one to use on himself.

I really have no idea what the identity of this team is. D? Scoring? Special teams? They suck at all 3.

I want to believe in this team, I really do. Since Gainey blew his brains out in July, I really have no clue

what the plan is. That is extremely frustrating for me.

Edited by Wamsley01

SK 74 and one to use on himself. I really have no idea what the identity of this team is.

D? Scoring? Special teams? They suck at all 3.

Its harsh but Im going to have to agree with this.

Well, they are pretty easy to defend against when they are the only dangerous line. Until we get a second line that is dangerous, teams will just put all their top defensive guys out to smother our top line then let their other lines get the goal or two they need

Yeah, I know. You'Re right. UNtil Plekanec can get two STABLE wingers and we can get a second line that other teams will consider a threat, our smurf line will have a harder time to score!

I really have no idea what the identity of this team is. D? Scoring? Special teams? They suck at all 3.

I want to believe in this team, I really do. Since Gainey blew his brains out in July, I really have no clue

what the plan is. That is extremely frustrating for me.

Good one! :lol:

ROFL... I like that one.

Seriously, this plan (if that is what Gainey is calling it) is dead in the water as long as Lats, Laps, AK, Dags, etc continue to fight to make the 4th line.

I am not really sure what Gainey can do. I don't mind the guys he brought in. they are expensive, but there was no one else out there any cheaper any better. The guys who have left haven't been lighting up the league either.

Its possible this year is a write off and we can only hope that the kids either have better years going forward, or Gainey can make a lateral trade for someone who takes off on arrival.

In order to get a fanbase to buy in to your vision, you are either selling the future or you are selling the present.

What are we being sold here?

I would assume ti's the present...????

Seriously, this plan (if that is what Gainey is calling it) is dead in the water as long as Lats, Laps, AK, Dags, etc continue to fight to make the 4th line.

Agreed. Why is it OK for Crosby to live with Mario, 4 years into his career, yet we do not protect and follow our "good" young prospects like other teams do???

Edited by Habsfan

Said on RDS: assistant GM Pierre Gauthier was at the Bulldogs game tonight. Kostitsyn? Maxwell? Trotter? Desharnais? Darche? Nobody's really burning the league down there.

I don't see how any of these guys could make a difference?

In order to get a fanbase to buy in to your vision, you are either selling the future or you are selling the present.

What are we being sold here?

Crap and vintage jerseys.