GDT: Flyers vs Canadiens

dlbalr

1013flyyerz04.preview.jpg

Pic borrowed from our HW Preview since I'm too lazy to look one up myself...

Projected Montreal (13-14-2) Lineup:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn

S. Kostitsyn - Gomez - D'Agostini

Pacioretty - Metropolit - Moen

Bergeron - Lapierre - Laraque

O'Byrne - Gorges

Mara - Gill

Hamrlik - Spacek

Price (confirmed starter)

Benoit Pouliot is questionable for the game.

Projected Philadelphia (13-12-1) Lineup:

Hartnell - Richards - Giroux

van Riemsdyk - Carter - Briere

Laperriere - Pyorala - Asham

Nodl - Kalinski - Cote

Carle - Pronger

Tollefsen - Coburn

Parent - Bartulis

Boucher (confirmed starter)

Puck drop is at 7:30 tonight.

TV: RDS, TCN-PH (US)

Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Sobotka or Providence has much to do with anything tonight, dblar. ^_^

I won't even pretend to know anything about Philly's 3rd and 4th line centres as listed there. That might explain why Stevens got fired, if anything.

Weird that Laviolette is going with Boucher for his first game behind the bench. Interesting statement by the new boss unless there's something I haven't heard about.

Ice Chips mentioned that Emery is fighting a nagging injury, hence the not starting.

In honour of cleaning the slate for the next 100 years, they need to bring back the best goal song they ever had.

Edited by bar

Enmery was shelled for 5 in less then 2 periods on Saturday. That's why Boucher is in.

Too hard to predic5t this team, when i think they'll do well they get shelled, on Friday i figured they get shelled and they put a 5 spot on the board and play great.

I'll just watch this one and see what happens for my post tomorrow

Enmery was shelled for 5 in less then 2 periods on Saturday. That's why Boucher is in.

Too hard to predic5t this team, when i think they'll do well they get shelled, on Friday i figured they get shelled and they put a 5 spot on the board and play great.

I'll just watch this one and see what happens for my post tomorrow

Heh, forgot that there would be games on Saturday! I guess he's already been burned... I thought this was the Flyers' first game under him.

Ice Chips mentioned that Emery is fighting a nagging injury, hence the not starting.

In honour of cleaning the slate for the next 100 years, they need to bring back the best goal song they ever had.

They should update it a bit, but yeah. I'd prefer to hear that than whatever they play now.

No, i beleive Washington won 8-2.

Which could be an all out assault on the habs. Let's hope it takes the Flyers a few games to pull it together.

8-2, thanks to a 9 minute PP.

Yesterday, I watched the 1976 Stanley Cup Finals film on NHL Network, Habs-Flyers

Sweep sweep sweep !

Edited by rafikz

The Habs have to fight for the puck everywhere on the ice.

If they let Philly use their speed they are done, if they play the body they are done.

And shoot and shoot again.

I still don't get why Cammelleri and Gomez are not playing together...or

Maybe a last chance for D'Agostini to show something, two passer one shooter.

If he can get in a streak, that would help, habs need secondary scoring.

If the Habs can weather the early storm from Philly (they've got to be pissed after Saturday) they stand a good chance. Hopefully the boys can build on last game's energy and effort.

GO HABS GO!!!!

I don't think Sobotka or Providence has much to do with anything tonight, dblar. ^_^

I won't even pretend to know anything about Philly's 3rd and 4th line centres as listed there. That might explain why Stevens got fired, if anything.

Weird that Laviolette is going with Boucher for his first game behind the bench. Interesting statement by the new boss unless there's something I haven't heard about.

I put that thing together in 30 seconds...and evidently it showed. :) For the record, this is Laviolette's 2nd game, the Washington debacle was his debut.

Yeah, this song or

this one at 4:20

Tough game tonight as I think the Flyers will come out flying...

If we can get the first goal I think it would slow them down a bit.

Price needs to be great, as usual.

Once again, it won't be easy. Even Scotty Bowman said this week that the team isn't the same without Markhov. He's our leader and we won't know the real potential of this team until he comes back. Meanwhile, Gionta should also be back in a few weeks, which will give us two very good lines and two good ones.

As for tonight, we need to give better protection to our goalie. I like the fact that Gill is back; it should help quite bit in that department.

We also need an effective powerplay, great concentration and communication from everybody.

We can do it; we have the boys to do it. All we have to do is execute.

Go Habs Go!

I'm a nostalgic. The Whalers dont exist anymore, so let's steal their old goal song:

God, what an awful song.

True, it doesn't sound too cool on youtube. I must be older than you, because I clearly remember it, and it was neat back in the day.

Edited by Habsy

God, what an awful song.

True, it doesn't sound too cool on youtube. I must be older than you, because I clearly remember it, and it was neat back in the day.

Yeah on YouTube it doesn't sound as cool as during a real game (same for the L'Oreille Habs goal song). Brass Bonanza sounded great with the loud goal horn. Almost made getting scored on by Kevin Dineen or Ron Francis bearable.